Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2013, 10:50 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

It's important, because the vast majority of Americans are ignorant of Economics, and that allows deceitful people to play on their ignorance by conflating the definitions, which confuses them, resulting in bizarre claims and baseless conclusions, and then casting votes that actually harm them.

Mircea
This is exactly what Obama did, he knew poor people do not understand economics or personal finance and he used that ignorance to get their vote. The bizarre thing is to this day they still don't realize that they voted against their own benefit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 10:55 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
This is exactly what Obama did, he knew poor people do not understand economics or personal finance and he used that ignorance to get their vote. The bizarre thing is to this day they still don't realize that they voted against their own benefit.
Anyone voting for any Republican OR Democrat for national office is voting against the Constitution and We The People.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Devising ways on how to get ahead right?
Even if it involves buying politicians or stepping over people no matter the cost right?
Of course, not all are like that, but one look at the financial markets and the players involved shows a dog eat dog get yours while you can kind of world.
Gives me an idea for a new poll.
People who make 200K don't have enough money to buy politicians. They are too busy paying taxes, putting some of that money back into the business, making a living. Why do you think Obama went after them? He knows there is money to drain from them and they can't do a damn thing a about it.

Old 10-12-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
That is the Right Wing motto just think you can be rich or just work hard and boom you will. They are so delusional and think anyone can become rich and if they do not it is because they are lazy.
That's your problem, you think it's magic. I used to think like alot of left wingers, (cry) they don't care, how much is enough, they are greedy. Fortunately for me I had a rich uncle who used to be poor. He would NOT give us a dime but kept trying to help us see how it works. We called it preaching. He kept saying that if I kept thinking the way I did I would always be poor. I finally listened and started thinking about it. I changed big time in how I see the world, money, and got rid of the poor me thinking. And here is the most important part "I took action" and it changed my life. My uncle was right not to give me a dime.

I used to think Democrat, now I moved as far away from Democratic party as possible. They only make more poor people.

Old 10-12-2013, 11:19 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post

I wan't really "disagreeing" with you. I was asking if you could provide examples or back up the statements you made. It's not an attempt to "discredit" you if you make sweeping, general statements and I ask you to support them with facts, which you still haven't really done outside an example of one.
Because the process isn't a checklist of items.

It is a complete change in the way you think and approach every decision in life.

It can be summed up as the following: "Taking responsibility for EVERY decision you make and EVERY aspect of your life".

I could put lots of blame in all kinds of places for my less than stellar thinking and decisionmaking when young. But the fact is, nothign is solved until ** I ** take responsibility for fixing and changing it.

Old 10-12-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt
I've never seen a rich burger flipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
There's a clue there...
LOL, the first clue, so obvious yet they can't think past their own words let along a POLITICIAN who knows how to manipulate them.

Old 10-12-2013, 11:21 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,959,384 times
Quote:
People who make 200K don't have enough money to buy politicians. They are too busy paying taxes, putting some of that money back into the business, making a living. Why do you think Obama went after them? He knows there is money to drain from them and they can't do a damn thing a about it.
The ones making 200K or even a million dollars a year are not the enemy of this country but rest assured, the enemies at the top, the .5% want you and me to pay for it because they did not get where they are having it come out of their own pockets.

The Poll I posted had 2 votes for make money no matter how it is done or you can buy off or step over.
They accounted for roughly .5% of the total votes. Funny that. Those .5% reside in Mega Corporations and the Financial Industry where Free Market Concepts are frowned upon when it is more lucrative to buddy up to politicians to rig the market in your favor.

That is the "thinking" some talk about. The thinking involves looking around you all the time for money making ideas no matter how it is done or who it has an impact upon.

Old 10-12-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Then why were there Millionaires who marched on Washington demanding that they raise taxes on the wealthy?
You do realize that Warren Buffet is a hypocrite right.
Crain's Chicago Business : Subscription Center

You do realize that Jim Senegal who spoke at the DNC is also a hypocrite?

When Obama needed a business executive to come to his campaign defense, Jim Sinegal was there. The CostcoCOST +2.00% co-founder, director and former CEO even made a prime-time speech at the Democratic Party convention in Charlotte. So what a surprise this week to see that Mr. Sinegal and the rest of the Costco board voted to give themselves a special dividend to avoid Mr. Obama’s looming tax increase.

Old 10-12-2013, 11:31 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
That's your problem, you think it's magic. I used to think like alot of left wingers, (cry) they don't care, how much is enough, they are greedy. Fortunately for me I had a rich uncle who used to be poor. He would NOT give us a dime but kept trying to help us see how it works. We called it preaching. He kept saying that if I kept thinking the way I did I would always be poor. I finally listened and started thinking about it. I changed big time in how I see the world, money, and got rid of the poor me thinking. And here is the most important part "I took action" and it changed my life. My uncle was right not to give me a dime.

I used to think Democrat, now I moved as far away from Democratic party as possible. They only make more poor people.

How, exactly does 'thinking the right way' make a poor burger flipper rich?

Old 10-12-2013, 11:34 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
You do realize that Warren Buffet is a hypocrite right.
Crain's Chicago Business : Subscription Center

You do realize that Jim Senegal who spoke at the DNC is also a hypocrite?

When Obama needed a business executive to come to his campaign defense, Jim Sinegal was there. The CostcoCOST +2.00% co-founder, director and former CEO even made a prime-time speech at the Democratic Party convention in Charlotte. So what a surprise this week to see that Mr. Sinegal and the rest of the Costco board voted to give themselves a special dividend to avoid Mr. Obama’s looming tax increase.

Corporate boards have a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders so I find it odd that you would find fault here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies