Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 01:02 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It is interesting you commented on my post and not the person I was responding to who basically said poor people have low IQs. I was simply pointing out that one's IQ level is not attached to one's income.
Yes and no. MOST people in prison ain't real smart or they'd either stay OUT of trouble or NOT act up during a crime to avoid being caught. MOST criminals do come from bad areas and yes: I'm gonna say it; ghettos of ANY race ain't exactly loaded with smart dudes and ladies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 01:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
They won't include any footage that makes it look fake.

Just like Jaywalking won't ever show you the dozens of folks who got their questions right, only the entertaining dumb responses. Makes the viewer feel real smart if they don't know what's going on.

But how tough is it for say, a Young Republican to take a camera to a campus, hold up a placard and invite a bunch of fellow club members to come over and participate in an "unbiased political opinion exercise?"

I think anyone with whatever agenda and a smart phone could make one of these videos in just a few minutes to promote whatever viewpoint they favor.

I report.

You decide.

How is that rational, when they clearly show a continuing vote.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:33 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Default OK, I admit it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
How is that rational, when they clearly show a continuing vote.

Your "playing dumb" act had me going there for awhile.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:42 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
A talk show host was discussing how Obama's plan to blame the Republicans has backfired over this.
Well, if a talk show host says it, I guess there's no higher authority.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:26 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Well, if a talk show host says it, I guess there's no higher authority.
Sure took along time for someone to catch on..... See how these polls work!

Old 10-11-2013, 04:43 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
How do you not count Chicago? IL has 12.9 million people, but 10 million of those people live in the Chicago metro.

Just look at our poor choice of universities.

University of Chicago
University of Illinois - Chicago
DePaul University
Northwestern University
Northeastern University
Loyola University
Some students value making it to their graduation day alive.

USC is located in the middle of a quasi war zone as well, but Harrier would take his chances there rather than at a university in Chciraqgo.

Besides, Northwestern is in Evanston.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:49 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Obama fails to recognize there is a balance of power between the three legislative branches.. Obama does not want to negotiate with Congress which is what all presidents have to do.. Obama thinks that his power only should dictate.. that is what a dictator does.. Dictator Obama dictating is an Obama Nation.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:13 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Some students value making it to their graduation day alive.

USC is located in the middle of a quasi war zone as well, but Harrier would take his chances there rather than at a university in Chciraqgo.

Besides, Northwestern is in Evanston.
Too; USC has good weather. Chicago, not so good.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:16 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Too; USC has good weather. Chicago, not so good.
USC's campus is really nice as well - it's like an oasis in the middle of the hood.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:03 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And you are saying conservatives don't have baby makers and welfare supports and medicaid moochers? Again, if you think intelligence is connected to political ideology you would be incorrect. Also, someone who is on welfare or have a baby isn't a direct relation to one's intelligence either. Unless you think the working class poor are all a bunch of morons, but that says more negative about you than it does them.
Poor conservatives I know don't vote, if it doesn't include free beer or naked women, most will pass!

Free pizza and phones most buy those things with their side jobs.

Working-class poor happen to be middle-class to lower middle-class. Burger flippers are not the working poor, although the left would like to convince us those are career jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies