Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 10:29 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Um... NO.

Reality Check: Obama Cuts Social Security and Medicare by Much More Than the GOP - Derek Thompson - The Atlantic

Millenials are going to be screwed the most. But, then again, they voted for being screwed.
Here's some perspective for you.

If you're interested.

Republicans say they want entitlement cuts. But they want Dems to own them.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:35 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Here's some perspective for you.

If you're interested.

Republicans say they want entitlement cuts. But they want Dems to own them.
"Say?" Obama "said" people could keep their insurance plans. "Saying" so didn't make it true.

But this is what has actually happened:
Reality Check: Obama Cuts Social Security and Medicare by Much More Than the GOP - Derek Thompson - The Atlantic

Old 10-12-2013, 10:37 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Are some of you asking why the group didn't have the balls to Occupy?

Old 10-12-2013, 10:47 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly.

Why is it that liberals fail to realize that those who receive Social Security and Medicare paid premiums for DECADES in order to receive those benefits after age 65?

Furthermore, most people LOSE money on Social Security. They'll get back LESS in benefits than they paid in decades of premiums:
Social Security a LOSING deal for most workers - AP News
Yep. I'm in my 30s, and fully expect to never see a dime of the money I have put into SS, starting from my first job at 16, through the last 11 years of bring self employed and paying both sides.

If they would let me out of this crazy ponzy scheme right now, they could keep all of the money I have "invested," and I would be fine with that. But to forcibly take money from people for 5-6 decades, squander it, and then scream about needed to cut those benefits, is pretty insane. Had the government invested the money, they would have enough to pay everyone, and still keep some for themselves.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:50 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Yep. I'm in my 30s, and fully expect to never see a dime of the money I have put into SS, starting from my first job at 16, through the last 11 years of bring self employed and paying both sides.

If they would let me out of this crazy ponzy scheme right now, they could keep all of the money I have "invested," and I would be fine with that. But to forcibly take money from people for 5-6 decades, squander it, and then scream about needed to cut those benefits, is pretty insane.
Even worse, liberals "claim" that the return of that 5-6 decades worth of money to those who've paid it (and most will actually get LESS back than they paid in), is "welfare."

Idiotic.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:56 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
LOL.

Would some of you want the Police to pull the truckers out of their cabs and beat them? That's what you were advocating during the Occupy protest.

You gotta love hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies