Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 08:14 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
We'd be so much better off with the single payer system that corporate lobbyists will fight against like wildcats. Government works better when it serves the public rather than special interests.
Too bad you aren't drinking Jim Jones' Kool ade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 08:26 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
We could have had a deal in the Senate today, put forth by a moderate...But it included income verification for those seeking ObamaCare subsidies

And the Democrats rejected it, just like they fight against id for voting.

They want to give this country and every penny away to illegal immigrants, to buy votes.

What a disgrace.

I'm going to send this link to everyone in my e-mail address book, And let them know who is the real problem with this debacle.

Negotiations stall on Capitol Hill; House leaves, Collins' plan in serious doubt | Fox News

And for you basement dwelling know-nothings that are going to say the usual..."Oh! FauxNews"...Save us from your boorish posts....It's a news article, not an editorial.
1. Obama has deported more illegals than anyone, ever. I'd post a link, but meh. I doubt you would click it.

2. The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)[1] is a U.S. Act of Congress passed in 1986 as part of the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA). It requires hospitals to provide care to anyone needing emergency healthcare treatment regardless of citizenship, legal status or ability to pay. There are no reimbursement provisions

So, you are angry about illegals getting free health care stuff. How do you hold on to rage like that since 1986?

Voting ID? What possibly could

Following the massive minority turnout in 2008, many states have passed stricter voting laws, which have included cutting early voting options and adding photo ID requirements. Minorities, including African Americans, Latinos and Asians, are less likely than their white counterparts to have a government-issued ID. Twenty-five percent of African Americans and 16 percent of Latinos lack such identification, compared to 9 percent of whites, according to the Brennan Center for Justice at New York University.

Oh, I see. It's a racial thing. You make a good point about this racist thing. You want it. You either don't understand why Republicans keep attacking our ability to vote, and that is sad, or you DO understand why they want to attack the minority vote and that is even sadder.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:30 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
LOL career politicians will always serve their own interests. Government is career politicians and that is why it is so inefficient compared to private sector.

The current health care mess is private sector.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:56 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,034 times
Default Here we go...the race card...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
1. Obama has deported more illegals than anyone, ever. I'd post a link, but meh. I doubt you would click it.

2. The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)[1] is a U.S. Act of Congress passed in 1986 as part of the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA). It requires hospitals to provide care to anyone needing emergency healthcare treatment regardless of citizenship, legal status or ability to pay. There are no reimbursement provisions

So, you are angry about illegals getting free health care stuff. How do you hold on to rage like that since 1986?

Following the massive minority turnout in 2008, many states have passed stricter voting laws, which have included cutting early voting options and adding photo ID requirements. Minorities, including African Americans, Latinos and Asians, are less likely than their white counterparts to have a government-issued ID. Twenty-five percent of African Americans and 16 percent of Latinos lack such identification, compared to 9 percent of whites, according to the Brennan Center for Justice at New York University.

Oh, I see. It's a racial thing. You make a good point about this racist thing. You want it. You either don't understand why Republicans keep attacking our ability to vote, and that is sad, or you DO understand why they want to attack the minority vote and that is even sadder.
Yes we helped those in dire medical need (that was the intention - but it has been abused, hasn't it?).

The lack of requiring income verification locks in this fraud - Doesn't it?

Gee - some people can't manage to do a simple thing like get ID????...But they can get their benefits?

You and your type with your usual race card crap...Sit on it!

Old 10-13-2013, 08:53 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Obamacare will implode on its own within a few years.
If that's true then republicans would fund it and just sit back and let it implode. But I think the reality is that republicans are afraid it will work.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:40 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Illegal immigrants cannot vote.
Can't doesn't mean they don't.

Justice Department lawsuit challenges Florida voter purge - CNN.com

And what happens when someone tries to stop them? The left screams that it's discriminatory, it's profiling, they have no proof....even though there was proof.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:09 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
So what? Obama also used an executive order to enact parts of the Dream Act when it couldn't get the votes to pass. The same party who is complaining about Republicans and Obamacare, saying Republicans shouldn't obstruct it since it was properly legislated then have their President enact something unilaterally that couldn't get the votes to be enacted properly. Hypocrites.

He also instructed the immigration enforcement people to exercise their discretion in not deporting people without criminal records. Obama ordered officials how to use their discretion, which effectively removes that discretion. What good is discretion for the officials on the scene when the federal government orders them how to exercise it?
Quote:

Your argument begs the question. Since Republicans aren't attacking anyone's ability to vote, there is no question of whether or not one understands why they are going it. It's like asking why the sky is green. Since the sky isn't green, there is no answer as to why it is green.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:50 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If that's true then republicans would fund it and just sit back and let it implode. But I think the reality is that republicans are afraid it will work.

Sure seems like it..They're trying desperately to convince us all we won't like Green Eggs and Ham....

Old 10-13-2013, 10:57 PM

2,189 posts, read 2,605,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The ACA has resulted in double employee contribution where I work. It has resulted increased co-pay from $15.00 to 25. It has resulted in an increase of $500 out of pocket for a family to $500 per person max of $1500.00 for a family. Pharmacy co-pay from $5.00 co pay to 20% of cost. That is just the beginning. So I would say that it is felt.
So if you are out to eat and a family of 6 is eating at the next table should you be forced to pay a share of their tab simply because you earn more or that your tab will be less than theirs? I don't. I might help them if they are short, but no one should be compelled to do so.
So if you are out to eat and a family of 6 is eating at the next table and one of them gets something stuck in their throat and 911 is called and the fire department comes out and an EMT saves their life, should you be forced to pay a share of the emergency response? Yes you do by tax-funded, socialized fire and EMT service provided by the government. You are compelled to do so for the common good. In fact if you choke on your food, the family of 6 is paying their share of taxes to pay for the EMT response that saves your life.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:15 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
We'd be so much better off with the single payer system that corporate lobbyists will fight against like wildcats. Government works better when it serves the public rather than special interests.
Vermont will be switching to single payer...

Single Payer Health Care in Vermont
https://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/08/11-1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies