Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 02:19 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Homicide is terrible. Currently many black neighborhoods have the highest rates of violence. So much so that violence in THESE neighborhoods skew the rate of the entire country to the point that we have the highest rates in the developed world.

And you claim the current agenda to be working??!
So do you want these black murderers and rapists locked up or not?

Kind of strange that you would want black neighborhoods to be victimized because that's exactly what happens when the criminals aren't locked up. It's not whites and Asians doing all those homicides in the black neighborhoods.

Old 10-12-2013, 02:35 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times
Quote:
I think you brought up very good points. More laws need to be on the books to protect citizens from law breaking Police officers. There's reasons why certain laws are on the books and if Police brazingly break them because they don't fear punishment for their actions.

I never thought about the recording laws but you bring up a great point.
Although I disagree with a lot of your posts I will agree with you 100% on this one. I am not sure how many new laws we need, but we certainly should be enforcing the laws already on the books. WE don't need dirty cops. Dirty cops should face mandatory stiff penalties. They should receive no preferential treatment or accommodations when incarcerated for their crimes. The police are paid to not only enforce the law but to also be a role model lawful behavior. If a police officer violates the trust they must be held accountable. They hold great power over the community, they should be held to a high standard.

Old 10-12-2013, 02:39 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,753,885 times
I like the idea that anyone who gets pulled over by a cop should have the right to record the interaction with their cellphone. Maybe you should contact your congresspeople to see if a law can get passed that will enable people to record interactions with cops.

Old 10-12-2013, 02:44 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,798,959 times
Quote:
Homicide is terrible. Currently many black neighborhoods have the highest rates of violence. So much so that violence in THESE neighborhoods skew the rate of the entire country to the point that we have the highest rates in the developed world.

And you claim the current agenda to be working??!

...and you blame this on the police?

Old 10-12-2013, 02:52 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,256,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
I like the idea that anyone who gets pulled over by a cop should have the right to record the interaction with their cellphone. Maybe you should contact your congresspeople to see if a law can get passed that will enable people to record interactions with cops.
It's already legal per the SCOTUS.

Old 10-12-2013, 02:56 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,923,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
So do you want these black murderers and rapists locked up or not?

Kind of strange that you would want black neighborhoods to be victimized because that's exactly what happens when the criminals aren't locked up. It's not whites and Asians doing all those homicides in the black neighborhoods.
Where do you think the violence stems from?

Did you forget about the longest and costliest War in American history that was waged on something as arbitrary as "drugs" decades ago? That war is fought solely in urban minority communities with little industry and opportunity even though drug usage rates are equal across any socioeconomical demographic.

Outlawing something that has strong demand (the cannabis plant) will create violent underground markets, usually in communities that were deindustrialized and stripped of their livelihoods thanks to USA, Inc..
How do people continue to refuse to learn from history?

Something may still be unjust even if it doesn't effect you directly. I know our country has a problem recognizing the atrocities committed against African-Americans (and others) but enough is enough.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 10-12-2013 at 03:06 PM..

Old 10-12-2013, 03:14 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,994,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
How about NOT breaking the laws? Sheesh!
That is a good point - how about the cops not breaking the laws?

Old 10-12-2013, 03:24 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,833,729 times
nyc looks to be promising. when de blasio wins stop and frisk (which is a violation of the 4th amendment) and ray kelly are gone.

policing is not about preventing crime, its about revenue generation.

police target those who they believe they can take advantage of (minorities)

i have seen some great youtbe videos of some blacks dropping the constitution on these white cops when they know they are being targeted by them.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:39 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,558,961 times
Quote:
When it comes to raising revenue, harassment, and falsifying/planting evidence, its blacks and other minorities (blacks, poor people, hispanics, people with certain cars or who dress a certain way) who suffer the most. Statistics show the number of stops on people of color and other traits depending on area, are extremely disproportionate to the current majority (whites, upper middle class whites particularly).

Why should they be allowed to do this and is this the intended purpose of a government Police force to begin with?

Private Police forces can be maintained with much more transparency and due process.

We currently have the highest incarceration rate (per capita and raw numbers) in the world.

What are you going to do about it?
If we were able to take the profit out of incarceration and the prison system, it would collapse and be much more fair. I can't imagine how we would go about doing that though. Global Research has done numerous stories on this.
Search | Global Research

Old 10-13-2013, 07:50 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,615,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Although I disagree with a lot of your posts I will agree with you 100% on this one. I am not sure how many new laws we need, but we certainly should be enforcing the laws already on the books. WE don't need dirty cops. Dirty cops should face mandatory stiff penalties. They should receive no preferential treatment or accommodations when incarcerated for their crimes. The police are paid to not only enforce the law but to also be a role model lawful behavior. If a police officer violates the trust they must be held accountable. They hold great power over the community, they should be held to a high standard.
In truth, the police hold NO "power" over the communities the serve. Other than to enforce law, within the parameters of tbe Constitution. The Patriot Act changed that. Now, the have "power"over in the context of search and seizure and use of force under the guidelines of that law. Their "power"comes from the tbreat of using it. Simple fear.

The current state of affairs with the cops, is a prime example of what happens when we are willing to sacrifice freedom for "security". Again, because of fear. Now, we just have more to fear. It is still proper, however, to challenge police "power"over under Constitutional guidelines. Allowing them to act with impunity is dangerous. It's what has gotten us to this point.

Notice, bow often we hear these stories of police going ape with people, but, I , personally, have NEVER seen a follow up on what ended up happening to the offending cops. After the initial report, crickets. Time to open up the books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.