Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 07:08 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
The fact that you dont know what the word "breed" means shows you dont know what the word breed means.

Breed - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
I know what the dictionary definition is. It's the context in which it was used that shows the vile meaning the poster intended, which he himself confirms in his hateful retort in subsequent post.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Of course it's insults; are they supposed to be grateful for their free stuff taken from the productive?

Hell no! They want more because they deserve it!

Productive human citizens are people and have children.

Welfare "people" are less than animals. Animals are not a net loss to society by the very fact of their existence. At best the reproductive system of the welfare race could be described as "metastasizing" since they're similar in behavior and nature to malignant tumors.
I see. So the unproductive, the downtrodden, should be eradicated from society? How about the disabled? The elderly? Those who can no longer contribute for whatever reason? They should be allowed to starve? Why don't we just round them all up and ship them in boxcars off to camps? I was wrong, you wouldn't be happier in Dickensian England. You belong in 1939 Germany.

A while back you told me to read some history. You should do the same, and concentrate on what happens to governments that treat their citizens the way you are championing. Your vile, hateful posts are growing more desperate as your arguments fail to prove anything beyond the darkness of your own heart.

Last edited by johnp292; 10-14-2013 at 07:46 AM..

Old 10-14-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
EBT users abuse generous Walmart to steal goods

It's hard being "poor". Such angels!

Don't ya just wanna adopt one today?
So you found an example of people abusing the system. I bet it wasn't hard. Too bad it's another straw man argument. Nobody's arguing there isn't fraud and abuse of the system. Nor is theft and fraud the exclusive domain of the poor, it happens at every level of society.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:49 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,709,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
See, that's why I have issues with righties. You seem like the type of person I would avoid being around. Do you know how cold-hearted your response seems? Again, the children never asked to be here. They shouldn't be punished for their parents irresponsible actions. Are you suggesting that their only meals should be the ones provided by schools (Breakfast & lunch from M-F)?

NEWSFLASH, DARLING!

NOT EVERYONE ON GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE IS ABUSING IT!

I laugh as you throw money into your corrupted mega-churches. Last time I went to a mega-church, the pastor mentioned that they have a $5 million mortgage church during the collection of tithes. Not to mention valet parking while his Bentley was sitting upfront.
If you think I'm a righty or attend church you must have never followed any of my posts. But thanks for the laugh though.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:51 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
I see. So the unproductive, the downtrodden, should be eradicated from society? How about the disabled? The elderly? Those who can no longer contribute for whatever reason? They should be allowed to starve? Why don't we just round them all up and ship them in boxcars off to camps? I was wrong, you wouldn't be happier in Dickensian England. You belong in 1939 Germany.

A while back you told me to read some history. You should do the same, and concentrate on what happens to governments that treat their citizens the way you are championing. Your vile, hateful posts are growing more desperate as your arguments fall on what are mostly deaf ears. Thankfully.

This is the typical red herring used by many liberals to get off topic and halt the discussion (not gonna happen here, wouldn't be prudent)--people on the dole that shouldn't be. Newsflash: welfare and other social safety net programs were established for those in need. And, as long as we're talking about "stigma," here, what about those who truly need it but don't apply because of the very stigma we're discussing here--viewing welfare as a way of life, from generation to generation, when many are able-bodied and should be producing? Don't even get me started on the latest disability scam. When that program was instituted, it was for the "handicapped," many of whom were in wheelchairs or had had heart attacks with residual ill-effects. Interesting how that word has morphed (thanks, PC police) into "disabled," which now includes just about everything that makes people feel bad-- "mood disorders" (a good day's work might help that), fibromyalgia, "back trouble," and a host of other ambiguous "illnesses" that, interestingly, can only be diagnosed by eliminating other things. Funny, too, how so many "disabled" people seem to be able to do everything but work.

The bottom line is that people who can work, should work, and those of us pulling the gravy train are getting tired of it. Anyone having kids should be able to support them, themselves. I don't want to. Anthing else is picking my pocket.

Last edited by Delahanty; 10-14-2013 at 08:01 AM..

Old 10-14-2013, 07:57 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times

Somebody need to pay for my 15 kids - YouTube

Old 10-14-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
This is the typical red herring used by many liberals to get off topic and halt the discussion (not gonna happen here, wouldn't be prudent)--people on the dole that shouldn't be. Newsflash: welfare and other social safety net programs were established for those in need. And, as long as we're talking about "stigma," here, what about those who truly need it but don't apply because of the very stigma we're discussing here--viewing welfare as a way of life, from generation to generation, when many are able-bodied and should be producing? Don't even get me started on the latest disability scam. When that program was instituted, it was for the "handicapped," many of whom were in wheelchairs or had had heart attacks with residual ill-effects. Interesting how that word has morphed (thanks, PC police) into "disabled," which now includes just about everything that makes people feel bad-- "mood disorders" (a good day's work might help that), fibromyalgia, "back trouble," and a host of other ambiguous "illnesses" that, interestingly, can only be diagnosed by eliminating other things. Funny, too, how so many "disabled" people seem to be able to do everything but work.

The bottom line is that people who can work, should work, and those of us pulling the gravy train are getting tired of it. Anyone having kids should be able to support them, themselves. I don't want to. Anthing else is picking my pocket.
I'm not really sure where you intended to go with this, but if you're suggesting I'm a " liberal" that's not accurate, but it's also a topic for a different discussion. That doesn't mean I'm not compassionate, nor does it mean I think there isn't waste, fraud and abuse in social welfare systems. The poster I'm mostly arguing with wants to end these programs for everyone.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:48 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly1 View Post
WOW! Hope you never spawn. The party of mean rides again. This time against faultless children.

Is it these folks you're running your pity party for, praytell?

EBT benefit card glitch sparks Walmart shopping sprees in Louisiana - CBS News

Old 10-14-2013, 10:21 AM

6,343 posts, read 14,676,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Is it these folks you're running your pity party for, praytell?

EBT benefit card glitch sparks Walmart shopping sprees in Louisiana - CBS News
are you inferring that folks with cash in the bank to buy food wouldnt go back to a broken atm, if they knew whatever was dispensed wouldnt be subtracted from their accounts?

I'm really glad to see you got that shipment of Koch-Brother's Kool-Aid at your local store..

Old 10-14-2013, 10:33 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
are you inferring that folks with cash in the bank to buy food wouldnt go back to a broken atm, if they knew whatever was dispensed wouldnt be subtracted from their accounts?

I'm really glad to see you got that shipment of Koch-Brother's Kool-Aid at your local store..
lol. You don't even know who the Koch brothers are or what they do.

Any time someone mentions the Koch brothers, they prove how unknowledgeable they are.

It's always good for a giggle, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies