Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 09:35 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,434,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
It is possible to get jobs through temp agencies that pay at the end of each day. One could try to find some yard work or such walking around the neighborhood, babysit, etc.
Have you ever been in one of those offices? Many of the people there just sit around for a few hours hoping for a job to come up. They're lucky if they work two or three times a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 09:37 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
I thought Food Stamps were a Republican program in the first place.
Could be it was meant to help people as they move "up" and "out" not to be abused.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:37 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Have you ever been in one of those offices? Many of the people there just sit around for a few hours hoping for a job to come up. They're lucky if they work two or three times a week.
Then why do the liberals insist that because Americans are too lazy to work many jobs, they need to legalize 11-30 million illegals because they will work for a living?

Old 10-13-2013, 09:38 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
I thought Food Stamps were a Republican program in the first place.
Sometimes it helps to not think.

It doesn't matter one whit who or why started it. It's what it's become that's a national disgrace.

Many things start out good and quickly run amok. Any time a liberal/democrat gets ahold of something, anything, it's quickly ruined. It doesn't matter who, what, when, where, or why it started.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:40 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You guys claim you despise the old because they might vote republican --- yet you want to elect the ancient dinosaur Hillary Clinton???? That makes no sense. How about a young vibrant president like Ted Cruz or Rand Paul or Ben Carson instead?
And those dinosaurs like Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi. Both multi-millionaires and they won't even move on to let the younger generation have a crack at it.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:42 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,434,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Sometimes it helps to not think.

It doesn't matter one whit who or why started it. It's what it's become that's a national disgrace.

Many things start out good and quickly run amok. Any time a liberal/democrat gets ahold of something, anything, it's quickly ruined. It doesn't matter who, what, when, where, or why it started.
Thanks for providing an example on how to "not" to do so.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:42 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You guys claim you despise the old because they might vote republican --- yet you want to elect the ancient dinosaur Hillary Clinton???? That makes no sense. How about a young vibrant president like Ted Cruz or Rand Paul or Ben Carson instead?
this is way off subject...

but i would love for the GOP to run any one of those fine people in 2016. How can I help?

Old 10-13-2013, 09:47 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,368,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
that's ironic. money quitting on those who quit.
Irony deficiency alert! Many didn't quit. They were quit upon by their employers. Does the term "laid off" mean anything to you or do I need to translate it for you?

Old 10-13-2013, 09:49 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly1 View Post
Irony deficiency alert! Many didn't quit. They were quit upon by their employers. Does the term "laid off" mean anything to you or do I need to translate it for you?
Unemployment rates have dropped everywhere. Illegal immigration is up -- because the jobs are there obviously.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:50 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,368,631 times
Quote:
Strange. One of my step-daughters just signed up with a temp agency after moving to a new state, was immediately placed and is pretty much assured of permanent status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies