Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 04:47 AM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
James Madison didn't have to worry about idiots blowing up his airplane.
I think you get my point. You don't yell "fire" in a movie theatre. You also don't make inappropriate jokes to TSA agents.
Call it part of the social contract.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Yes it is.
So it would be funny to you if a man from say, Pakistan, was in line in front of you going through security and you heard him make the following "joke": "Hi Mr. TSA, my luggage is the bomb, don't you think"?

Old 10-13-2013, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I don't know how anyone can be so dense ...... the statement said "any inappropriate remarks or jokes may result in your arrest". It was very non-specific, and how, may I ask (since you seem to have all of the answers) is "inappropriate" defined? And who decides what is and is not "appropriate"? And where is the law that says your 1st Amendment right of freedom of speech only applies to what the government deems to be "appropriate" speech ?
Use your head, the one on top.
I'd wager that inappropriate pertains, to you know, bombs, guns, hijackings, etc. I think asking the guy if he liked grabbing your testicles, while perhaps tasteless to some, would not get one arrested. Am I wrong?

Old 10-13-2013, 05:29 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,703,398 times
Quote:
I think you get my point. You don't yell "fire" in a movie theatre. You also don't make inappropriate jokes to TSA agents. Call it part of the social contract.
That's just it: People who worship antisocial ideals refuse to acknowledge any of the tenets of the social contract. For such people, it's always just all about them. What they want is all that matters in the world, and they viscerally hate anything that they're expected to abide that benefits anyone other than themselves. They've raised self-centeredness and self-serving rationalization to an ethic, in their own minds.

Old 10-13-2013, 05:31 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
James Madison didn't have to worry about idiots blowing up his airplane.
And those "idiots" didn't have to worry about America blowing up their people.

Old 10-13-2013, 05:33 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Use your head, the one on top.
I'd wager that inappropriate pertains, to you know, bombs, guns, hijackings, etc. I think asking the guy if he liked grabbing your testicles, while perhaps tasteless to some, would not get one arrested. Am I wrong?
Do you blame the poster? Is it because you think people in authority never overstep?

Old 10-13-2013, 05:42 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Making unfunny bomb jokes is not a constitutional right. Some people need more than an annoucement...to understand the obvious.

Have a nice flight.

I love screaming fire in a crowded theater...I love the constitution.
FYI....you can't yell "water" in a crowded movie theater either. It has nothing to do with the constitution....it has to do with following the rules while in a private environment.

As far as the airport announcement, I didn't read where it said "making unfunny bomb jokes will get you arrested.".

It is wide open to the interpretation of these unskilled, perverted morons to decide on what they perceive as "inappropriate".

It sets a dangerous precedent.

BTW....if a republican were president, lefties would be screaming from the rooftops about the "police state".....and rightfully so.

But, of course, obama can do no wrong.

Old 10-13-2013, 05:50 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,749,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Making unfunny bomb jokes is not a constitutional right. Some people need more than an annoucement...to understand the obvious.

Have a nice flight.

I love screaming fire in a crowded theater...I love the constitution.
you think people have a hard time determining whether or not there is a fire in a pitch black theater? you realize fire gives off light right?

Old 10-13-2013, 05:50 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
FYI....you can't yell "water" in a crowded movie theater either. It has nothing to do with the constitution....it has to do with following the rules while in a private environment.

As far as the airport announcement, I didn't read where it said "making unfunny bomb jokes will get you arrested.".

It is wide open to the interpretation of these unskilled, perverted morons to decide on what they perceive as "inappropriate".

It sets a dangerous precedent.

BTW....if a republican were president, lefties would be screaming from the rooftops about the "police state".....and rightfully so.

But, of course, obama can do no wrong.
This is, of course, the problem.
Give some AH a little power and watch how they can abuse it.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:52 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i also have to disagree with the OP. the time for making jokes about the TSA, and other airline related issues, is not at the airport. do it in a comedy club, at your place of work, unless it is an airport, etc. but airline travel safety is a serious business, and should be treated as such.
Congratulations, you have been completely indoctrinated. I am certain you will make a wonderful government patsy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies