Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 08:39 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,968,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
It will make insurance available at affordable rates for the presently uninsured. And I am very much looking forward to having insurance again after 10 years of going without. And Dr. Carson can take that and stick it wherever he likes.
Nor does it do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 08:40 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Only hate can drive someone to your level of irrational behavior.
Ok...fine. I hate you then.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Why did you leave off the rest of my post, where I tell you that my daughter is getting a plan for $120 a month? Because it doesn't fit with your talking points?
Who cares? The fact that she's going to be paying a lot more than someone would have just about 3 years her age doesn't exactly spur confidence that you're providing objective analysis.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:41 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Here's an incomplete list of things that occurred between the end of slavery, and the passing of the ACA, that are far worse than the ACA

WW1
WW2
The Vietnam War
The Second Iraq War

The Lebanon bombing
Pan-am 103 Bombing
the WTC Bombing
9/11

The Black Codes
Jim Crow
The internment of Japanese-American citizens
the Asian Exclusion Act
the War on Drugs
DADT
DOMA

The Watergate scandal
the Iran-Contra scandal
the Teapot Dome scandal

Hurricane Andrew
Hurricane Katrina
Various major earthquakes

ETA:
The Long Depression
The Panic of 1893
The Great Depression
1970s stagflation
the S&L Crisis
The 2007-8 financial crisis

Dr. Carson apparently needs to read some remedial history books.
Dr. Carson has proven that he is an idiot. He would get no respect for such an asinine statement from anybody but the Tea Party lunatics. They can have him.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:42 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Why did you leave off the rest of my post, where I tell you that my daughter is getting a plan for $120 a month? Because it doesn't fit with your talking points?
I honestly didn't. I used the quote function. I always do. Did you add it later?
Once again 120.00? That is a mean cable bill.
The Potus is a liar. A bold faced liar.
Just like when he paraded a chemical engineer on stage and represented her as the average illegal. All to sell another bad bill. That is unless you think the average illegal is a highly educated engineer. The man can not tell the truth.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ok...fine. I hate you then.
I don't doubt it.

Perhaps you'd find a lot more happiness in life if you let go of it.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post

Dr. Carson apparently needs to read some remedial history books.
Actually, he's absolutely correct.

But, you've demonstrated that you don't comprehend anything about why that's true, so, it would be reasonable to simply sigh and shake our heads at you.

For the first time in our history, it has become both legitimate and desired (by a small minority) to tax a person solely for being alive. If that isn't worse than slavery, then nothing is.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:47 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Dr. Carson has proven that he is an idiot. He would get no respect for such an asinine statement from anybody but the Tea Party lunatics. They can have him.
And yet you give a free pass to those within your party of choice. As I said before I disagree with Dr. Carson's analogy, but given the asinine statements made by politicians everyday, he is in good company. The difference between Carson and the POTUS? He actually knows something about the cost of healthcare, and what is broken in the system. Passing a law that forced people to buy a product instead of addressing what is broken solved very little and at best is a very short term fix.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:48 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I honestly didn't. I used the quote function. I always do. Did you add it later?
Once again 120.00? That is a mean cable bill.
I may have added that right after. And I said it's close to my cable bill, which, with Internet is $105. No options, there's only one cable company in my area.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:54 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post

Carson said the implementation of the Affordable Care Act was never about health care, only control.

I have been saying this on FB for years as well as on other forums on the net. Health care, immigration, guns, energy, printing fiat money with the federal reserve.....its all about control. He wanted to control solar energy but the technology su cked and the company went under. Everything about him is about control. He is a narcissist sociopath. A far left one at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies