Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 04:43 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times

Advertisements

So many things wrong with the system.....Osamacare will not touch any of the biggies.

If you have to have, say a surgery to set a displaced fracture. If the actual total costs to the provider are 3k, then throw in another 1k for the profit......4k, not too bad for a medium level surgery.

That is not reality for the most part. The cost to the hospital may be 3k, 1k for profit..........and then throw in 8K for WTF-CHARGES (cost shifting = gouging)........so now that surgery is 12k. And the patient is going to have a bear of a time pinning down where those sneaky BS charges came from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 04:47 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
That was the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act. It was supported and signed into law by that notorious Lefty Ronald Reagan.
It was called a "compromise".

osama could learn a lot from Reagan.

Old 10-13-2013, 04:50 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
It has nothing to do with healthcare. It is about control of your most basic needs.

One of the news stations had a guest on today promoting his new book about Lee Harvey Oswald who shot J. F. Kennedy. A very telling part of the interview was about his stay in Russia. They told about where he had stayed and it was mentioned that people's activities were controlled by threats of not giving a family member that operation that was badly needed. I feel sorry for those of you who are so ignorant of the tactics used by communist leaders to have everything their way. We are witnessing some of these tactics being used by Obama right now.

Please wake up and realize this man is dangerous to the freedom of all Americans. I support anyone in D. C. that is trying to keep this man from getting total control and Obamacare is the gateway to his doing this. Fight it with everything in your being.

And if you are one of those who would make fun of this post, go for it. I consider you a communist.
Our government would NEVER use the full force of government to punish those whom they disagree with!

(ahem......IRS....Tea Party)

The dopey left will applaud this without ever thinking that one day conservatives will be in power and they'll be "punished".

Old 10-13-2013, 05:37 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
It appears that these hospitals will be a thing of the past due to ObamaCare. They apparently can't provide free care anymore under ObamaCare regulations
Please provide a link.

Before Obamacare kicked in, the Shriner's hospital started billing insurance and medicaid, if the pt. had it.
Shriners changes billing policy
Note: their endowment dropped.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:31 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
If you have to have, say a surgery to set a displaced fracture. If the actual total costs to the provider are 3k, then throw in another 1k for the profit......4k, not too bad for a medium level surgery.

That is not reality for the most part. The cost to the hospital may be 3k, 1k for profit..........and then throw in 8K for WTF-CHARGES (cost shifting = gouging)........so now that surgery is 12k. And the patient is going to have a bear of a time pinning down where those sneaky BS charges came from.
I recently had an outpatient surgical procedure done. Less than two hours plus recovery, then my wife drove me home. The total cost as related to me by my insurance company? $20K+ Add in the diagnostics leading up to the procedure and it's over $25K. My out-of-pocket? Under $300.

I pay about $100 per week to cover our family.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:59 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,440,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Well, that explains a lot.

You haven't had a Free Market health care system since 1939.

Technically, you haven't had Free Market health care since 1933.

There is one and only one group responsible for the destruction of the Free Market health care system in the US, and that group is the American Hospital Association..

...the same group that wrote most of Obamacare.

You really need to educate yourself on the history of health care in America, and how it got to be as messed up as it is.

Oh ---- how could I forget --- you know those stupid anti-Free Market "Out-of-Network" clauses in your health care plan that punish you for exercising Freedom of Choice and using the doctor or medical facility by refusing to pay for the care provided or increasing your deductible or reducing the amount reimbursed?

That was created by the American Hospital Association....in 1939.

And just think....you let them write most of Obamacare. Is that rich or what?

Heck, you didn't just let the fox into the hen-house, you built an awesome penthouse suite for the fox to live in.

Educating...

Mircea

Oh God, here we go with the conspiracy theories again. Shut up already. Just shut up. You aren't as smart as you think you are.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:02 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
Oh God, here we go with the conspiracy theories again. Shut up already. Just shut up. You aren't as smart as you think you are.
Out of curiosity, since you call this a conspiracy theory, can you refute anything that was said in Mircea's post?

Old 10-13-2013, 07:45 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,440,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Out of curiosity, since you call this a conspiracy theory, can you refute anything that was said in Mircea's post?
The AHA didn't write the ACA. Congress did.

Hell, the AHA says they want to delay part of the ACA Hospitals: We want an ACA delay, too | The Advisory Board Daily Briefing

Old 10-13-2013, 08:02 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
But it gives more people access to it.
Sure it does .. but the big question here is ... "Can they afford it once they gain access" .. the smart money says no, and that's exactly how the American Hospital Association likes it ... It's a win-win for both the insurance industry and the Government ...

People will pay the premiums, living under the false premise of being covered. Then one day the deductible decides to rears it's ugly head, and then folks drop the coverage after being unable to pay the deductible, thus allowing the Government to swoop in to collect the penalty/fine/tax or whatever ...

The insurance industry gets all of those premiums - the deductible protects them from having to pay out, and the Government gets the penalty money once the policy is dropped ...

Pretty slick deal I'll say .. this marriage between big insurance and the Government ... so good in fact, that the network television guys could put it all on TV.

The only question I have is ... "I wonder who's going to get the kick-backs for making this all possible?" .. a good guess would be the AHA Lobby

Last edited by bigskydude; 10-13-2013 at 08:32 PM..

Old 10-13-2013, 08:13 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
No.

But since the leftie claims of ER abuse is at the root of obamacare, I fully expect ER's to turn people away for non emergency situations.....because they now will have all the coverage that they need.

If a 27 year old shows up at the ER with a life threatening injury or illness, who hasn't bought a policy OR hasn't paid the "tax", they should be turned away.
I think so too. If everybody now is eligible too get insurance and people still refuse to buy it, they should not be treated, or be forced to pay full cost for treatment

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies