Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2013, 01:20 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times

Advertisements

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/assets/1-3.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-14-2013 at 02:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 01:21 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,518,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Why is a selected class (EBT users) treated differently than citizen who actually provided their own funds?

What a foolish way to think about things, a system goes down so let's give them more free stuff.

This is how it should have gone down: declined = nothing like someone who has a maxed out VISA or Mastercard.

California + Walmart hater = illogical and immoral
the cards weren't being declined, they weren't showing the balance. try to keep up. and what about being from California and hating walmart is illogical? do you righties even think before you start pounding on the keyboard?

Old 10-14-2013, 01:25 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,518,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
So is Walmart footing the bill or Xerox who makes the EBT software, or will it fall back to the taxpayers?
tax dollars. where it would have come from anyways. but if we get to now pick and choose where our tax dollars go, I don't care if mine go to help poor and ignorant people in my own country. I don't want mine to go to other countries to build up their militaries or to corporations that are already making record profits.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:26 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
No good deed goes unpunished because that good deed may go to those who have no character or thankfulness.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
this is human nature, everybody will take advantage of a situation where it can benefit themselves, unless you are a complete fool.

if i had an ebt card and heard about this i wouldve been down there with all of them, just like the majority of posters who say this is a despicable act. quit with the holier than thou card.

we all take advantage of situations in our everyday lives to benefit ourselves at the expense of others.

[MOD CUT/off topic]

im tired of people pretending that they are goodie two shoes, who never do anything wrong.

the truth: majority of people will take advantage of a situation to benefit themselves if they believe they can get away with it. that includes the majority of posters on here.
There are many who don't and won't take advantage... if they heard Walmart was doing a favor or the public they would appreciate it and not take advantage. It is called having character.. Martin Luther King talked about judging the content of ones character and that still goes.. those who have self respect would not take advantage.

No one got away with anything.. if their card was processed with no balance the government would not give them a balance the next month or so.. they used their credit up by putting their ebt card in the hole . Some people are just stupid..

Old 10-14-2013, 01:33 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Cutting off aid and nutrition to children is not going to have a good outcome. What short of controlling live births as is done in China can prevent people from engaging in unprotected sex?
Of course it would have a good outcome. When people become too weak to have sex, or too malnourished to be fertile, they stop having chilluns they can't pay for. Problem solved!

Old 10-14-2013, 01:34 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,830,082 times
Both parties are responsible here. Wal-Mart for trying to do something good and the EBT cardholders for taking advantage of some generosity, or stupidity depending on how you look at it.

As far as not knowing your balance, come now. If you have only 49 cents left on your card, you know you have received your benefit for the month and have used it, quite expertly if you managed to get it down to such a low balance. To stand in line knowing that you have that low of a balance and trying to buy that much food, you are knowingly and willingly attempting to commit fraud. If you hear over the PA speaker that balances are now showing, you knowingly and willingly were attempting to commit fraud.

Those who were able to "purchase" food should have the amount deducted over a course of a few months in lieu of charges being filed. Those who abandoned carts should be "outed" and publicly shamed. Wal-Mart gets to eat the bill for the spoiled food and extra labor to restock shelves. And the world continues to turn.

Now, who wants to look at the above picture and point out all the junk food in those carts?

Old 10-14-2013, 01:40 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
EBT, how shame-less you would have to be to whip out that I AM A TOTAL FAILURE calling-card and slap it down on the counter for all to see. No wonder these people never get off benefits, the kind of mindset you'd be reduced to in order to even be able to use such a card pretty much guarantees you never being successful. Eat the turkish delight and you are a slave for life, bought and paid for.
The ones I've seen don't seem to be the least bit ashamed or thankful. Honestly, I would guess 99.99% of them don't have the vaguest idea where the money comes from. Many right here don't seem to realize it comes from We, the People, NOT their imaginary Uncle Sam. They truly DO NOT GET IT! It's their way of life, passed down generation to generation.

It's magic, doncha know!

Sickening.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:42 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,236,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So what happens to those EBT "debit" cards that went over their balances ?
I guess taxpayers will pick up the tab for that one.
You know better than that, those that abused the system will either lose their benefit/entitlement for a period of time, made to pay back excesses they took advantage of, lose all EBT privileges and/or be faced with being brought up on fraud charges in court.

WAC 388-446-0015

Old 10-14-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
This situation is, of course, despicable....but there's a lot of non-welfare scum out there too. A gas station around here screwed up programming the pumps and unwittingly began selling gas for 49 cents a gallon.

They figured it out pretty quick when they noticed that cars (including plenty of Benzes, Lexus, etc) were wrapped around the block trying to get in there. From the pics I saw, most of these "customers" did NOT fit the WalMart shopper profile.
Why not?.. you think that welfare people don't have fancy cars... how naive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies