Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2013, 05:24 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,880,245 times

Advertisements

I just want to comment from a Buddhist perspective.

It may be Karma.

What goes around comes around. Perhaps Walmart treated some people unfairly - like their employees perhaps? - and then dishonest people treat Walmart unfairly.

Just supposing. Of course two wrongs don't make a right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 05:26 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,605,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
Some of these people (most) need some help. In theory they get back on their feet and get back in the work force. There will always be people that take take take. For you to assume liberalism is at fault says nothing for your ability to look at things in a non partisan way. Do you assume no conservatives use government assistance?
Liberals feed off their helpless government dependency.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:30 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,014,497 times
Quote:
Some of these people (most) need some help. In theory they get back on their feet and get back in the work force. There will always be people that take take take. For you to assume liberalism is at fault says nothing for your ability to look at things in a non partisan way. Do you assume no conservatives use government assistance?
Liberalism is at fault because most of the media/liberals could really care less about making sure people dont abuse the system, which we know they damn well are doing. We could push for a reform of welfare to put things in place to guard against it better, but I bet you they would be against it.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:31 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,621,158 times
Quote:
Bullhockey! I could use some help, too, but I make do with what I have and don't load up on toys and electronic gadgets.

As has been said but will never, ever soak in: Live within your means.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:32 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,605,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

It may be Karma.

What goes around comes around. Perhaps Walmart treated some people unfairly - like their employees perhaps? - and then dishonest people treat Walmart unfairly.

Hey I may not like a company but that does not give me a right to steal from them. Then again, I'm decent folk, not money grubbing Obama supporter type folks.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:32 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,229,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Liberals feed off their helpless government dependency.
I don't depend on the government for anything but some do sometimes, hopefully for no longer than necessary. If you have a problem with that I suggest you move or vote in candidates that will end all assistance.
Or maybe rant and rave some more. That seems to get you real far in the real world.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:33 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,395,192 times
Yet, every time food stamps are discussed and people vent their frustration, we all get ridiculed for being uninformed and ignorant and how 99 % of people using food stamps are the very hard working poor who rather not receive any benefits at all. All of us who has seen or wittnness something different are all called lairs.
Then this happen? Am I surprised? No.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:33 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,229,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Bullhockey! I could use some help, too, but I make do with what I have and don't load up on toys and electronic gadgets.

As has been said but will never, ever soak in: Live within your means.
I was referring to people that actually do need help. Help for a limited time.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:35 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,621,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

It may be Karma.

lol.

If you're so big on Karma, maybe it's Karma when these fools and slugs starve as punishment for popping out more kids than they can afford to feed.

Yay, Karma!

Old 10-14-2013, 05:37 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,509,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Liberalism is at fault because most of the media/liberals could really care less about making sure people dont abuse the system, which we know they damn well are doing. We could push for a reform of welfare to put things in place to guard against it better, but I bet you they would be against it.
The federal and state governments share the cost of administering SNAP. Nothing precludes the states from increasing fraud detection and prevention. That most of the states with the highest per capita usage of SNAP are red states, suggests some politicians prefer to sound off in DC instead of taking care of business, back home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies