Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2013, 10:25 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,666,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So where do you find all this straw for these strawman statements?
I'll bet blacks in Africa also thought that there was no way they would be enslaved either. They thought it was straw man.

So.... Are you a sole proprietor or an S-Corp? Or do you even report what you make to the government. If you are not a s-corp you don't have a clue so don't bother.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:25 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,927,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsumCement View Post
This thread is not about race, or being raised as a victim.
Your are correct. the founding father's didnt see race as a stipulation for slavery. They did not care of thier slaves race or creed.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:27 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,097,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh good grief, that's the problem with liberals. They hear what they want to hear and ignore what they don't.

And I asked you. Are you a sole proprietor or an S-Corp? Or do you even report what you make to the government. If you are not a s-corp you don't have a clue so don't bother.
I report what I make through a 1099, as a sole proprietor.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:27 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,047,704 times
Indeed. I and my talented wife are individuals, people, human beings - one male and one female of the species - and these two humans are an s corp. All of the rights, privileges, liabilities, obligations and responsibilities flow from such. So, I guess one could say, we are both it and us.

Quote:
Now I never said that a corporation is a person (stop putting words in my mouth) but if you report your revenues / profits to the government most people need to got to a CPA to decode the tax law.

S corporations are corporations that elect to pass corporate income, losses, deductions and credit through to their shareholders for federal tax purposes. Shareholders of S corporations report the flow-through of income and losses on their personal tax returns and are assessed tax at their individual income tax rates.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:29 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,097,852 times
Quote:
I'll bet blacks in Africa also thought that there was no way they would be enslaved either. They thought it was straw man.

So.... Are you a sole proprietor or an S-Corp? Or do you even report what you make to the government. If you are not a s-corp you don't have a clue so don't bother.
So you think Republicans and Democrats are the exact same thing as they were during the slavery era? Then you need to go learn more about this country's political history.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:35 AM

229 posts, read 163,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Your are correct. the founding father's didnt see race as a stipulation for slavery. They did not care of thier slaves race or creed.
Correct! Slavery is well outlined in Christianity, Hindu, Budist, Islam and all other religions.
Jewish Hebrew, knew full well about slaves.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:48 AM

58,749 posts, read 27,080,924 times
Quote:
You mean like how House Republicans have abused their power. Did you know anyone in the House could try and bring a vote to the floor, but the House Republicans recently changed the rules so that only the majority can bring a vote to the floor preventing Democrats from stopping this shutdown.
And I counter that the Senate under Reid has abused HIS power.

How many years did we go WITHOUT the Senate submitting a budget?

How many bills has the house sent to the Senate only to have Reid through them in the trash instead of assigning them to the respective Senate Committees for discussion and the vote on them?

The dems control every committee and probably voted them down anyway but, we will never know if the dems and the repubs could have come up any compromises because Reid wouldn't let them see the light of day.

Reid REFUSES ANY talks about reducing the spending.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:49 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,258,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
I know precisely. And YOU are wrong, not me. The HOuse has repeatedly passed bills to fund the government.

It is the other two bodies involved that are holding it up.
This is true; but, this is a case of "if you repeat a lie often enough ..."

They are hoping to shift the bame. It isn't really working.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:50 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,955,048 times
Quote:
So where do you find all this straw for these strawman statements?
Probably the same place you dig up your nonsense about conservatives, tea party people, republicans, etc.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:53 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,258,541 times
Quote:
Yes, the House has spent the year passing idiotic bills that did nothing but try to undermine the majority.
Who elected the majority in the House? Americans who overwhelmingly oppose ObamaCare!

Quote:
You can't have everything you want.
Well tell that to Obama and Harry Reid.
Quote:
That is not how compromise works. If you think the Republicans will defund ACA, then you are on the losing side of this battle.
So far, Obama and Harry Reid are the only ones refusing to compromise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.