U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 10-14-2013, 11:48 AM

10,066 posts, read 3,192,071 times
Default ObamaCare Navigator in Kansas Has Arrest Warrant

Obamacare ‘navigator’ in Kansas has outstanding arrest warrant

A woman with an outstanding warrant for her arrest is currently serving as an Obamacare “navigator” in Lawrence, Kansas.

The Obamacare navigator program has fallen under heavy criticism for its privacy pitfalls, with the House Oversight Committee issuing a report only two weeks ago which warned that navigators would not be properly vetted to protect consumers.

The Obama administration’s decision not to require background checks for navigators compounds the privacy risks, the Oversight Committee wrote.

“In part, substantial risks remain because the Administration decided not to require background checks and fingerprinting of individuals hired by Navigator and Assister organizations,” the committee wrote. “Under the Administration’s plan, unless states have already taken actions to protect their citizens, Navigators and Assisters are not prohibited from hiring convicted felons, including individuals convicted of identity theft or fraud.”

It seems as though regular citizens receive more scrutiny than these people who work for Obama.

Not only are their IT security risks, but there are also personnel security risks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 10-14-2013, 11:55 AM

902 posts, read 339,313 times
I don't see this as a huge problem, (yet). Certainly this woman needs to take care of her financial issues. As long as she isn't involved in identity theft, then she should have a chance to work. What is more troubling is that there is an apparent conflict of interest between her role as an outreach director for a local health center and her navigator duties, especially since she is the only navigator in her city.

Unread 10-14-2013, 01:07 PM

2,298 posts, read 628,437 times
I see this as a HUGE problem.

Not vetting someone who has access to people's personal information? You're asking for trouble.

Of course, the media not vetting candidate Obama's personal information is the reason we're in this mess, so I see the irony.

Unread 10-14-2013, 01:17 PM

18,563 posts, read 9,977,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
I don't see this as a huge problem, (yet). Certainly this woman needs to take care of her financial issues. As long as she isn't involved in identity theft, then she should have a chance to work. What is more troubling is that there is an apparent conflict of interest between her role as an outreach director for a local health center and her navigator duties, especially since she is the only navigator in her city.

Most of the hundreds of people I arrested over my career as a Corporate Investigator had criminal financial issues

Unread 10-14-2013, 03:21 PM

3,157 posts, read 1,067,338 times
Some one with the same first and last name has an arrest warrent that lives in a different county. She also bounced a check that was filed, nothing more then that. Wow, hurricane in a tea pot.

Seriously, people's lives don't end if they do something wrong...or some one with the same name has an outstanding warrent nearby. Who knows what happened as well. I got a civil complaint filed for a bounced check, it was a forgery and the business never contacted me or my bank. I wrote a single letter and it was dropped. Some one seeing my name with "worthless check" next to it, like the Daily Caller's only evidence, would show I'm passing bad checks as well.

As a bigger issue, what are people supposed to do if they do something wrong? If they have a civil or criminal complaint, no matter how small, should it end their lives completely? Be barred from working or living anywhere? How are people supposed to help themselves if they are barred fro it by big government zealots looking to criminalize even the smallest things?

Unread 10-14-2013, 03:26 PM

16,872 posts, read 3,673,085 times
It doesn't really matter. She can advise people how ever she wants and none of it matters when the system doesn't work anyway.

Unread 10-14-2013, 03:29 PM

12,971 posts, read 3,525,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Obamacare ‘navigator’ in Kansas has outstanding arrest warrant

A woman with an outstanding warrant for her arrest is currently serving as an Obamacare “navigator” in Lawrence, Kansas.

The Obamacare navigator program has fallen under heavy criticism for its privacy pitfalls, with the House Oversight Committee issuing a report only two weeks ago which warned that navigators would not be properly vetted to protect consumers.

The Obama administration’s decision not to require background checks for navigators compounds the privacy risks, the Oversight Committee wrote.

“In part, substantial risks remain because the Administration decided not to require background checks and fingerprinting of individuals hired by Navigator and Assister organizations,” the committee wrote. “Under the Administration’s plan, unless states have already taken actions to protect their citizens, Navigators and Assisters are not prohibited from hiring convicted felons, including individuals convicted of identity theft or fraud.”

It seems as though regular citizens receive more scrutiny than these people who work for Obama.

Not only are their IT security risks, but there are also personnel security risks.
So these are the people who ask for all kinds of information from potential buyers, including SS numbers?

I have to say anyone who would give their SS number on a phone call or the internet pretty much deserves it.

Unread 10-14-2013, 03:31 PM

12,971 posts, read 3,525,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Some one with the same first and last name has an arrest warrent that lives in a different county. She also bounced a check that was filed, nothing more then that. Wow, hurricane in a tea pot.

Seriously, people's lives don't end if they do something wrong...or some one with the same name has an outstanding warrent nearby. Who knows what happened as well. I got a civil complaint filed for a bounced check, it was a forgery and the business never contacted me or my bank. I wrote a single letter and it was dropped. Some one seeing my name with "worthless check" next to it, like the Daily Caller's only evidence, would show I'm passing bad checks as well.

As a bigger issue, what are people supposed to do if they do something wrong? If they have a civil or criminal complaint, no matter how small, should it end their lives completely? Be barred from working or living anywhere? How are people supposed to help themselves if they are barred fro it by big government zealots looking to criminalize even the smallest things?
Psssssssstttttttttttt: Writing hot checks is a criminal act. It wasn't a small thing to the person to whom she wrote the check. It came out of their pocket.

How is that so hard to understand? It's theft! Pure and simple.

Unread 10-14-2013, 03:32 PM

4,653 posts, read 1,222,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I see this as a HUGE problem.

Not vetting someone who has access to people's personal information? You're asking for trouble.

Of course, the media not vetting candidate Obama's personal information is the reason we're in this mess, so I see the irony.
I bet there are organizations set up by Team Obama to steal the money once they get the personal info.

Unread 10-14-2013, 03:34 PM

1,758 posts, read 462,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I bet there are organizations set up by Team Obama to steal the money once they get the personal info.
It will all be wired to Kenya no doubt.,,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies