U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 10-14-2013, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
13,397 posts, read 5,661,815 times
Reputation: 4552

Advertisements

Obamacare ‘navigator’ in Kansas has outstanding arrest warrant

A woman with an outstanding warrant for her arrest is currently serving as an Obamacare “navigator” in Lawrence, Kansas.

...
The Obamacare navigator program has fallen under heavy criticism for its privacy pitfalls, with the House Oversight Committee issuing a report only two weeks ago which warned that navigators would not be properly vetted to protect consumers.

...
The Obama administration’s decision not to require background checks for navigators compounds the privacy risks, the Oversight Committee wrote.

“In part, substantial risks remain because the Administration decided not to require background checks and fingerprinting of individuals hired by Navigator and Assister organizations,” the committee wrote. “Under the Administration’s plan, unless states have already taken actions to protect their citizens, Navigators and Assisters are not prohibited from hiring convicted felons, including individuals convicted of identity theft or fraud.”


It seems as though regular citizens receive more scrutiny than these people who work for Obama.

Not only are their IT security risks, but there are also personnel security risks.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-14-2013, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Antelope Valley
1,773 posts, read 1,181,653 times
Reputation: 2172
I don't see this as a huge problem, (yet). Certainly this woman needs to take care of her financial issues. As long as she isn't involved in identity theft, then she should have a chance to work. What is more troubling is that there is an apparent conflict of interest between her role as an outreach director for a local health center and her navigator duties, especially since she is the only navigator in her city.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2013, 01:07 PM
 
3,767 posts, read 1,553,128 times
Reputation: 3345
I see this as a HUGE problem.

Not vetting someone who has access to people's personal information? You're asking for trouble.

Of course, the media not vetting candidate Obama's personal information is the reason we're in this mess, so I see the irony.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2013, 01:17 PM
 
23,064 posts, read 16,725,220 times
Reputation: 19946
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
I don't see this as a huge problem, (yet). Certainly this woman needs to take care of her financial issues. As long as she isn't involved in identity theft, then she should have a chance to work. What is more troubling is that there is an apparent conflict of interest between her role as an outreach director for a local health center and her navigator duties, especially since she is the only navigator in her city.

Most of the hundreds of people I arrested over my career as a Corporate Investigator had criminal financial issues
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2013, 03:21 PM
 
4,131 posts, read 2,249,923 times
Reputation: 3041
Some one with the same first and last name has an arrest warrent that lives in a different county. She also bounced a check that was filed, nothing more then that. Wow, hurricane in a tea pot.

Seriously, people's lives don't end if they do something wrong...or some one with the same name has an outstanding warrent nearby. Who knows what happened as well. I got a civil complaint filed for a bounced check, it was a forgery and the business never contacted me or my bank. I wrote a single letter and it was dropped. Some one seeing my name with "worthless check" next to it, like the Daily Caller's only evidence, would show I'm passing bad checks as well.

As a bigger issue, what are people supposed to do if they do something wrong? If they have a civil or criminal complaint, no matter how small, should it end their lives completely? Be barred from working or living anywhere? How are people supposed to help themselves if they are barred fro it by big government zealots looking to criminalize even the smallest things?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2013, 03:26 PM
 
29,640 posts, read 9,034,395 times
Reputation: 5879
It doesn't really matter. She can advise people how ever she wants and none of it matters when the system doesn't work anyway.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2013, 03:29 PM
 
Location: Area 51.5
13,907 posts, read 6,301,966 times
Reputation: 8937
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Obamacare ‘navigator’ in Kansas has outstanding arrest warrant

A woman with an outstanding warrant for her arrest is currently serving as an Obamacare “navigator” in Lawrence, Kansas.

...
The Obamacare navigator program has fallen under heavy criticism for its privacy pitfalls, with the House Oversight Committee issuing a report only two weeks ago which warned that navigators would not be properly vetted to protect consumers.

...
The Obama administration’s decision not to require background checks for navigators compounds the privacy risks, the Oversight Committee wrote.

“In part, substantial risks remain because the Administration decided not to require background checks and fingerprinting of individuals hired by Navigator and Assister organizations,” the committee wrote. “Under the Administration’s plan, unless states have already taken actions to protect their citizens, Navigators and Assisters are not prohibited from hiring convicted felons, including individuals convicted of identity theft or fraud.”

It seems as though regular citizens receive more scrutiny than these people who work for Obama.

Not only are their IT security risks, but there are also personnel security risks.
So these are the people who ask for all kinds of information from potential buyers, including SS numbers?

I have to say anyone who would give their SS number on a phone call or the internet pretty much deserves it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2013, 03:31 PM
 
Location: Area 51.5
13,907 posts, read 6,301,966 times
Reputation: 8937
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Some one with the same first and last name has an arrest warrent that lives in a different county. She also bounced a check that was filed, nothing more then that. Wow, hurricane in a tea pot.

Seriously, people's lives don't end if they do something wrong...or some one with the same name has an outstanding warrent nearby. Who knows what happened as well. I got a civil complaint filed for a bounced check, it was a forgery and the business never contacted me or my bank. I wrote a single letter and it was dropped. Some one seeing my name with "worthless check" next to it, like the Daily Caller's only evidence, would show I'm passing bad checks as well.

As a bigger issue, what are people supposed to do if they do something wrong? If they have a civil or criminal complaint, no matter how small, should it end their lives completely? Be barred from working or living anywhere? How are people supposed to help themselves if they are barred fro it by big government zealots looking to criminalize even the smallest things?
Psssssssstttttttttttt: Writing hot checks is a criminal act. It wasn't a small thing to the person to whom she wrote the check. It came out of their pocket.

How is that so hard to understand? It's theft! Pure and simple.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2013, 03:32 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 2,657,505 times
Reputation: 3423
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I see this as a HUGE problem.

Not vetting someone who has access to people's personal information? You're asking for trouble.

Of course, the media not vetting candidate Obama's personal information is the reason we're in this mess, so I see the irony.
I bet there are organizations set up by Team Obama to steal the money once they get the personal info.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2013, 03:34 PM
 
2,672 posts, read 1,232,716 times
Reputation: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I bet there are organizations set up by Team Obama to steal the money once they get the personal info.
It will all be wired to Kenya no doubt.,,
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $94,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2015, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top