Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 07:42 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,937,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Clinton was rejected before, she will be rejected again... she couldn't debate if her life depended on it... she will get destroyed on national TV... what is that about 3 AM answering the phone and then Benghazi?
How can Benghazi be used against her, if no congressional report has been written and released assessing blame?

You prove that Benghazi's is to be used as a weapon...

You prove all the lies told about Benghazi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 08:22 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,797,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
How can Benghazi be used against her, if no congressional report has been written and released assessing blame?

You prove that Benghazi's is to be used as a weapon...

You prove all the lies told about Benghazi.

They are still stonewalling.
Have we heard from any of the witnesses yet?
What lies are you talking about?

Old 10-14-2013, 08:37 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,848,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
Guess my question is, given the fact that any Republican has to swing far right to be nominated, just WHO could beat her considering it actually is the folks in the middle who elect our president? Both the far right and far left wackos could run Donald Duck and their base would vote for them, it is the moderates that swing the presidential elections and they ARE NOT going to vote for someone like Ted Wacko Cruz!

I'm a registered independent, and I have to say, the political environment in this country leaves me both sick and depressed.

Our political scene has devolved into nothing more than a popularity contest. There are enough low-information types voting that THEY are the ones who can swing an election. You cannot possibly tell me it was high-information types that put Obama into office. Intelligent voters should have quickly realized that Obama was/is nothing more than an empty suit, a ventriliquist dummy looking for someone to shove a hand up his......

As I see it, the low-information types are going to hijack the political scene once again in 2016. Granted, the Republcian party is a disaster right now, even more dysfunctional than Barack Obama's family tree. American politics are best played between the 40-yard lines, yet we have nothing but political extremists to choose from.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:23 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,963,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Yes, 2016 will be different.
You mean, you want the "What difference does it make (that I lied)" to add to the misery?

Old 10-14-2013, 09:44 PM

27,092 posts, read 15,286,135 times
I think some at least will become better informed by 2014 through bad experience and looking to see what went wrong that they missed the first time around.

Dropping trust levels have a way of doing that.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:23 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,708,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I'm a registered independent, and I have to say, the political environment in this country leaves me both sick and depressed.

Our political scene has devolved into nothing more than a popularity contest. There are enough low-information types voting that THEY are the ones who can swing an election. You cannot possibly tell me it was high-information types that put Obama into office. Intelligent voters should have quickly realized that Obama was/is nothing more than an empty suit, a ventriliquist dummy looking for someone to shove a hand up his......

As I see it, the low-information types are going to hijack the political scene once again in 2016. Granted, the Republcian party is a disaster right now, even more dysfunctional than Barack Obama's family tree. American politics are best played between the 40-yard lines, yet we have nothing but political extremists to choose from.
Agree ntwrkguy, although when I saw what Obama was about and up to, first I thought wait, that's not what he said when he was running. I get that tea party simply wants to get government spending under control, don't most of us? They obviously are not good politicians, they don't know how to play the political game and with the liberal media constantly covering Obama's ass they have to go all out.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:25 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,902,467 times
Quote:
As the article says:

"If the “Affordable Care Act” truly did make health insurance more affordable, there would be no need to hide these prices from the public."

Why did ANYONE think this "Act" would lead to lower healthcare costs? It was drafted behind closed doors with BigPharma, BigInsurance, and BigMedical at the table.

Where was BigTaxpayer, you say?

You mean our president -- who PROMISED to be the mostest, bestest, awesomest transparentest administration in the history of the universe -- didn't invite us to the table?

Whoa, allow me to put on my shocked face.
Sort of makes you feel all Hopey-Changey all over, doesn't it?

Old 10-14-2013, 10:26 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,708,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Sort of makes you feel all Hopey-Changey all over, doesn't it?
Right now we are witnessing the liberals in action and it is by far the easiest leading of lambs to slaughter in modern times. I say let them get on the Obama train.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:41 AM
bUU

12,077 posts, read 10,696,004 times
There are many "low-morality types" supporting Republicans as contrasted with many "high-morality types" supporting Democrats.

Responsible, mature and principled voters quickly realized in 2012 that Republicans advocate specifically for egoistic avarice, and for the antisocial and callous disregard for others.

As I see it, "low-morality types" are going to try to hijack the political scene once again in 2016 and will probably fail again, and they'll whine incessantly about how their facts and having no worthy principles are better than the facts and worthy principles that support the other side's perspective, and how dumb everyone who values honor, compassion, and the social contract is - all as rationalization for their failure.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:11 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,288,005 times
Quote:
As the article says:

"If the “Affordable Care Act” truly did make health insurance more affordable, there would be no need to hide these prices from the public."

Why did ANYONE think this "Act" would lead to lower healthcare costs? It was drafted behind closed doors with BigPharma, BigInsurance, and BigMedical at the table.
And BigGovernment Leftists, who want to control you.
Quote:
Where was BigTaxpayer, you say?

You mean our president -- who PROMISED to be the mostest, bestest, awesomest transparentest administration in the history of the universe -- didn't invite us to the table?

Whoa, allow me to put on my shocked face.
"We must pass this bill ... then we will find out what's in it." — Nancy Pelosi (D)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies