Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2013, 06:45 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
(Romney's) not a monster. I feel so sorry for what the last election did to the reputation of a very good man.
1. I never said Romney was a monster.

2. I'm NO FAN of Obama or Biden.

3. The damage done to Romney in the last election came from his own words and the complete wackadoo BS the GOP was spouting and trying to sell people during the election cycle.

Again, this is not to give a pass to Democrats in any way. They suck too.

And there are plenty of legitimate reasons to be disgusted and disappointed by Obama, but it takes a really clueless person to assert that the proper response to Obama would have been Romney or any of the other total clowns the Repub Party paraded around as potential POTUS.

We shouldn't be voting for Republicans OR Democrats for national office, ever.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:20 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
I would have stopped posting to you, but I think the following is interesting.

You said above that "liberals have been brainwashed to think God is evil", can you explain how that statement is true ??

I wonder if conservatives have been brainwashed to think God is evil?

Jesus taught us to help the poor (but republicans are against helping the poor with welfare, high min wage laws, tax credits, ex.ex.)

Jesus healed the sick, and he told us to be like him (but republicans are against giving everyone health insurance, and saving the 45,000 Americans who die each year from not having insurance.)

Jesus told us the camel parable, it says its very hard for rich men to get into Heaven. (but republicans say "the rich made all the right choices", and they lower rich peoples tax rates to make them richer.)

Jesus was against war (but republicans wanted to attack Iraq, Afghanistan, and Iran after Sept 11.)

Do republicans do the opposite of Jesus' teachings because they think God is evil?
Straw man arguments don't help make your points. Conservatives aren't against giving everyone health insurance. They feel that the ACA was a poorly written bill that causes employers to reduce the number of new hires and/or reduce the hours of the employees they do have. This has been pretty well documented. And even after forcing people off the insurance they had (it turns out you CAN'T keep the insurance if you like it), we're still going to have at least 30 million people without insurance according to the government's own numbers.

Studies have shown that conservatives tend to give more to charity than liberals. I've never heard anyone say they should get rid of welfare altogether, but that people would be better off if welfare was only used as a temporary tool until better opportunities come along. Unfortunately, the democratic policies will make those opportunities harder to come by. They want a massive influx of immigrants during a time of low employment. The healthcare law has limited hiring. We still have companies sending jobs overseas and getting tax breaks. The Democrats are just as much in the pockets of big business and rich people as the Republicans are.

High minimum wage laws don't help people out of poverty. They just make companies hire less people and costs rise. Everyone should have skin in the game, so everyone should pay some taxes. In fact, I wish we'd go back to the days when people had to pay their taxes on their own and nothing was withheld from their paychecks. Then everyone would see how much they actually pay in taxes and demand better services for that money.

Republicans weren't the only ones who wanted to go to war in Afghanistan and Iraq after 9/11. It was truly a bipartisan effort. I don't know what you're talking about with Iran, since we've never attacked them even though we should do something to prevent them from getting nuclear weapons. Is there a scarier thought than a nuclear arms race in the Middle East?

Old 10-16-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
1. I never said Romney was a monster.

2. I'm NO FAN of Obama or Biden.

3. The damage done to Romney in the last election came from his own words and the complete wackadoo BS the GOP was spouting and trying to sell people during the election cycle.

Again, this is not to give a pass to Democrats in any way. They suck too.

And there are plenty of legitimate reasons to be disgusted and disappointed by Obama, but it takes a really clueless person to assert that the proper response to Obama would have been Romney or any of the other total clowns the Repub Party paraded around as potential POTUS.

We shouldn't be voting for Republicans OR Democrats for national office, ever.
I completely disagree with you. Romney would have been a far better president than Barack Obama. Only a really clueless person would think otherwise.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
If you had a working brain, you would know that my post described an immense love and respect that you have for your family. And I believe you also have that same love and respect for the families that live around you. But unfortunately the CEO's at Fox news and Rush radio have stolen your ability, to spread that love and respect to the American people and the people of this world.

Millions of American children do not get (the proper) or enough food to eat. Do you want to give them welfare? Hell no you want them to grow up malnourished.

45,000 Americans lives will be saved each year by Obamacare. Do you support Obamacare? Hell no you want to stop it, and let those 45,000 Americans die.

20,000 children in Africa, South America, and other poor countries will starve to death tomorrow. How do you feel about the US government saving their lives? If the US government tried to save them you would want a civil war.

Fox news and Rush radio philosophies taught you to oppose the above ideas. Instead they taught you to want corporate tax cuts, tax cuts for the rich, and corporate deregulation. And the tax cuts for corporations and the rich you have already voted in, have grown our debt so large that the US government can barley afford to care for the American people.

Scientists call Fox news and Rush radio "corporate propaganda groups"

Your in a cult.
Chad, how do you feel about George Bush? Do you know how much money he gave to countries in Africa to fight aids, malaria, and other diseases? Guess what? He's conservative.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:43 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
I ended up taking EBT for a time when I unexpectedly got custody of my sibling's kids. I was working full-time in a professional job and prior to this had been entirely self-supporting, albeit on a thin margin, but simply did not have it in my budget to independently support additional people, and freeing up/obtaining funds on such short notice was just not feasible. Of course I still had my professional clothing, haircut, etc. at the time (and did my best to maintain it after, too, albeit on a much tighter budget...looking presentable was necessary for my job) and I'm sure there were plenty of people thinking "ooh, welfare leech!" when they saw me check out at the grocery store with the EBT card. Well, those people could stuff it. I used what I needed to to make sure that those kids got good care and nutrition, and yeah, I would have been perturbed if I'd gone to pick up formula and found the card wasn't working, because the baby needed it. On short notice you can't exactly magic it out of wishes and sweat and selling possessions on ebay. As far as I'm concerned those benefits were an investment in the future; helped keep the kids healthy, and helped me care for them while keeping my career on track. Kids've grown up great, and I've certainly since paid in taxes many times over what was paid out to us.

Sure, some people abuse the system, but that's true of every system...look at the banks, for goodness sake. You generally can't assume someone is a cheat based on their appearance, or assume that because certain people cheat the entire system is unnecessary.
So because some do it, that's an excuse to let them off the hook lightly? Because that is how your post reads.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:44 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
I would have stopped posting to you, but I think the following is interesting.

You said above that "liberals have been brainwashed to think God is evil", can you explain how that statement is true ??

I wonder if conservatives have been brainwashed to think God is evil?

Jesus taught us to help the poor (but republicans are against helping the poor with welfare, high min wage laws, tax credits, ex.ex.)

Jesus healed the sick, and he told us to be like him (but republicans are against giving everyone health insurance, and saving the 45,000 Americans who die each year from not having insurance.)

Jesus told us the camel parable, it says its very hard for rich men to get into Heaven. (but republicans say "the rich made all the right choices", and they lower rich peoples tax rates to make them richer.)

Jesus was against war (but republicans wanted to attack Iraq, Afghanistan, and Iran after Sept 11.)

Do republicans do the opposite of Jesus' teachings because they think God is evil?
Jesus didn't force anyone to help the poor, that's where you libs don't get it.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:55 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
If you have six kids and, according to another lib poster on here, "we wouldn't believe what she would do to protect them"....then why is she spending all of her money on looking good and not feeding her kids?[/quote]

Hey, maybe she's a natural looker..who knows..it doesn't cost anything to brush your hair and dress well. You're making assumptions about someone you know nothing about.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:23 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Can you post a source that says you are correct?
Answer: No.

But watch me post 5 sources saying my statements are correct.

HUNGER HURTS: Millions of American Kids Go Hungry - ABC News

Child Hunger in America: Childhood Hunger Facts | Feeding America

Child Hunger in America Statistics & Facts | No Kid Hungry | End Child Hunger in America

U.S. Child Hunger Rates By County: 2013 Report Reveals Most Food-Insecure Places For Children (PHOTOS)

Kindness: Charity, Philanthropy, & Social Responsibility - USATODAY.com

Or Tupac Shakur a famous American hip-hop artist said in one of his songs,

"my stomach hurts so I'm looking for a purse to snatch"

Do you think Tupac was lying about being hungry as a child?

You know nothing about poverty in America.
And what exactly do you know beyond a rap lyric and newsclips showing overweight women talking about their struggle to feed their five children?

Old 10-16-2013, 09:32 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600
Wait until something major happens and these folks go wild in the cities. Moonbats in the gated communities will be shocked when a herd comes through the house grabbing what they can. Liberals have created a monster that they will never put back in the cage.. A very large group of self serving, lazy freeloaders.
If you see a bunch of people with buggies coming up your driveway, get out the guns cause they aim to load those buggies up with your stuff.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:33 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
Yep, some people seem to think it's their duty in life to have children. Having a child is expensive. Raising a child is expensive. People who can't afford it shouldn't be having kids.
Having kids is not expensive if someone else is paying for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies