Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 07:35 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times

Advertisements

HAHAHA, greatest country in the world............DONK AND LMFAO!

Old 10-14-2013, 09:21 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Man, you people need to give the lady a break. It's not like she can go back and unbirth the kids. We don't know what lead her to these circumstances. Clearly she had just found out she couldn't buy anything in the grocery store, so one can hardly blame her for being upset about going home empty-handed. There are a lot of people hurting out there, and minimum wage/part time jobs are not going to house and feed six kids.

It is the perfect example of why I hope to never resort to public assistance. I can't stand the idea of being dependent on somebody else.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:22 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Man, you people need to give the lady a break. It's not like she can go back and unbirth the kids. We don't know what lead her to these circumstances. Clearly she had just found out she couldn't buy anything in the grocery store, so one can hardly blame her for being upset about going home empty-handed. There are a lot of people hurting out there, and minimum wage/part time jobs are not going to house and feed six kids.

It is the perfect example of why I hope to never resort to public assistance. I can't stand the idea of being dependent on somebody else.
She could get a job? If she's capable of having baby after baby, she's what you'd call able-bodied.

If she doesn't want to work, how about she start naming some of the fathers and gettting child support from some of them?

Old 10-14-2013, 09:25 PM

229 posts, read 163,633 times
Let them walk the line of shame and you will see them look for a job.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:30 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Ironic that the original poster thinks the alarming thing about this video is they 'unfairly targeted a black woman to fit all the stereotypes.' Yeah, that's what's wrong.

It's not about race. It's about actions and behaviors. Very rarely do people hate others now bc of the color of their skin. You think anyone's going to post hateful comments of some African American male executive, well educated, leading an upper middle class life and sending his two kids to college? They only people that would likely 'hate' on that are other blacks calling him a sell out. People are sick and fckn tired of working like animals only to see an increasing number of people abuse the system. We're sick of the blacks, whites, browns, and confused doing this. This lady obviously doesn't feel bad about validating the stereotype. But I should be the one in the wrong for shaking my head at this?
Joey, excellent post. She looks healthy to me. Oh that's right, we are supposed to support her 6 kids. She doesn't give it a second thought. It's the "ENTITLEMENT" Mentality. Entitled to your money and damn it, don't ya'll screw up giving it to her.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:34 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
You didn't get it. They had loads of people to pick to interview and they chose the black lady with nice nails, nice hair, nice clothes and.... with 6 kids.

It's news manipulating the public with stereotypes. (SEEl EBT PEOPLE ARE JUST LIKE THIS!) Plus, it's like Jerry Springer. It's why I hate network news. People want to see this, though. Why was Springer so popular? Crap like this.
My local newspaper is like this. Whenever there was labor strife with one of the local unions, they would never put one of their pictures in the newspaper unless they had a long ponytail or were covered in tattoos, even though guys who fit that description made up 5% of the labor force. The media always perpetuates stereotypes, although I'm not exactly who issues this order.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:35 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
They couldn't have done this story in Utah or Idaho where a whole lot of people have 4 or more kids and rely on EIC, Snap, and school lunch program. By the way the black birth rate isn't that much higher than the white birth rate.
Idaho and Utah have low poverty rates though, lower than the national average.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:40 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
My local newspaper is like this. Whenever there was labor strife with one of the local unions, they would never put one of their pictures in the newspaper unless they had a long ponytail or were covered in tattoos, even though guys who fit that description made up 5% of the labor force. The media always perpetuates stereotypes, although I'm not exactly who issues this order.
But it's ok when the liberal media calls names right. This lady CHOSE to be vocal about it. She had the right to say no to the interview. She preferred to bi*ch for all to see about not getting her free food. They don't even have shame.

Government will fail you everytime. It's time you get your big boy pants on, get a job, and wise up.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:40 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times
WTH... I've been feeding myself just fine without the government's help since I was 17. What the hell is wrong with America? Grown ass adults whining like a bunch of four YOs cause they can't do anything for themselves.

Buncha losers this country has become.

Oh yea, and no kids here Thank goodness.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:41 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
You didn't get it. They had loads of people to pick to interview and they chose the black lady with nice nails, nice hair, nice clothes and.... with 6 kids.

It's news manipulating the public with stereotypes. (SEEl EBT PEOPLE ARE JUST LIKE THIS!) Plus, it's like Jerry Springer. It's why I hate network news. People want to see this, though. Why was Springer so popular? Crap like this.
Good eye!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies