Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 12:05 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
Obamacare is an assault on consumer freedom, and it's a flipping train wreck that could completely derail the economy. Why are you blaming the GOP when they are willing to fund everything except Obamacare? The Democrats won't budge unless all their demands are met. They could end the shutdown immediately:

Apportioning blame for the government shutdown - Baltimore Sun
Silly me. I clicked the link thinking I would see a survey and all I got was a blog from a whining nutbag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 12:08 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,152 times
Can somebody please tell me how they expected the republicans to accomplish their initial goals? I know Ted Cruz is the leader of the party now, but what exactly was the game plan going in?

Old 10-16-2013, 12:12 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
What an embarrassment to the GOP and to the American people. They claim to be on the side of the American people, when in fact they are aligned with the TEA Party extremists. No wonder why 74% of Americans now disapprove of the GOP.

1. Obamacare is the LAW OF THE LAND. It was passed by the President in 2010, upheld by the Supreme Court in 2012 and certainly didn't prevent Obama from being elected AGAIN in 2012.

2. Holding the country hostage to get what you want and shutting down the government is completely inexcusable.

I'm an independent and completely turned off by the GOP now. Ted Cruz is a joke. Rand Paul is a joke. All of these guys are anti-gay also. No more!
Well, that's a great attitude. Give the Democrats everything they want. That's what they want from you.

This country is going to hell in a hand basket, and we should just let them have their way, without a fight? That's what you'll do, becuase you are pissed?

Old 10-16-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
You never did vote GOP.

And you never did believe in small government or the Constitution, so why are you making up fake outrage?
That's what I think. You've got it.

The liberal plants, posing as Independents (or even Republicans) are going to play this to the hilt.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
What's wrong OP, they try to stop you from getting free stuff <waaa, waaa>
You've got it.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:15 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Can somebody please tell me how they expected the republicans to accomplish their initial goals? I know Ted Cruz is the leader of the party now, but what exactly was the game plan going in?
This was their entire game plan going in: no matter what we demand, the Democrats will fold.

That's it. Nothing more. No backup plan, no way to exit if that didn't happen, no thought out strategy for why it might not happen. Just that. They will fold because we want them to fold.

Surprise!!

Old 10-16-2013, 12:16 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Quote:
What an embarrassment to the GOP and to the American people. They claim to be on the side of the American people, when in fact they are aligned with the TEA Party extremists. No wonder why 74% of Americans now disapprove of the GOP.

1. Obamacare is the LAW OF THE LAND. It was passed by the President in 2010, upheld by the Supreme Court in 2012 and certainly didn't prevent Obama from being elected AGAIN in 2012.

2. Holding the country hostage to get what you want and shutting down the government is completely inexcusable.

I'm an independent and completely turned off by the GOP now. Ted Cruz is a joke. Rand Paul is a joke. All of these guys are anti-gay also. No more!
Take a longggg hardddd look...U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time....

Old 10-16-2013, 12:22 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:

Independent my azz ...

You're a hard leftist, so just admit it already and enough with the phony grandstanding.

The only disgrace regarding ObamaCare is that disgraceful Benedict Arnold false conservative Chief Justice who sided with the America haters like Ginsberg and Kagan and Sotomeyer that kept that disastrous assault on the sovereignty of the American people from being declared unconstitutional.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:22 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
When was the last time you, an openly gay and racial minority voted for a Republican?
Do you not know that there are openly gay people that are stupid enough to vote for the Republican party?

No offense to anyone - but I know a few in real life. A gay man, living in Florida, exactly the demographic the tea potty loves to hate. Yet, again and again, he applauds Bachmann, Palin, and Cruz.

It's really laughable - especially when I see how conservatives treat gays right here on CD.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:27 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:

Since you consider the TEA Party to be extremists, then you could never have been a Republican supporter in the first place. Only liberal freaks support the abomination known as "ObamaCare." Be prepared for major disappointment after the 2014 mid-terms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies