Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 08:56 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times

Advertisements

Make a plan.

Reduce your expenses as much as possible.

Use as little of anything taxed by the feds as possible.

Then reduce your income to avoid federal taxation.

If possible, start leeching.

Starve the beast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 09:03 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
This is no different than the local community garden. In spring a lot of people show up and talk. When it comes time to do the work there are about 12. Over summer it breaks down to 1 or 2, and by harvest time there is a lot of people wondering where the plants are as the entire thing has become a weed patch.

The USA died today. Oh well.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:09 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Make a plan.

Starve the beast.
Go right ahead and eat grubs and bark because you are mad at the "evil" government that takes care of 'those people.'

Old 10-17-2013, 09:11 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
When the government takes money from me to pay a soldier or cop or fireman, they have redistributed money from me to those government employees. The problem with right-wing dunces is that they have been taught that:

a. Redistribution is when money is taken from the "rich" to give to the poor.
b. Thus, redistribution is bad.

Here's a clue. So long as you have a government, money will necessarily be redistributed from some people to others. Money is redistributed to you in a number of ways, including from other taxpayers. When your kids go to public schools or go on to college, most of the costs are subsidized by other taxpayers. Every day, money is redistributed to you and away from you. To imagine a world where that does not happen in is to imagine the fantasyland in which so many of you want to live.
Yep, when you buy a product you are redistributing you money but here is the part you want to ignore, you "willingly" redistribute you money and receive something in return.

We are redistributing to people who have nothing of value to offer in return. They give nothing, all they do is take.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Ever notice how the collapse is inevitable every time the Democrats win an election? (like 2006, or 2008, or 2012)

Or that the collapse is inevitable every time the Democrats win a legislative battle? (like passing the Affordable Care Act in 2009, or shutdown-a-palooza just now)

Or that the collapse is inevitable every time a Supreme Court ruling comes down that favors the left? (like 2012, Affordable Care Act)
Ever notice how Democrats take us closer to a collapse. Just like people who are democrats caused their own personal demise so will Democrats.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:18 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Go right ahead and eat grubs and bark because you are mad at the "evil" government that takes care of 'those people.'
As always, Bots are uninformed.

But please keep imagining those of us who can reduce our taxes will have to suffer to accomplish it.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Make a plan.

Starve the beast.
Yep exactly. It is best to plan for their plan is to make everyone poor, when that happens then all the poor will buy into all their promises as a dictator takes over.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:23 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Though it is popular to engage in partisan arguments, the issue is simple. When recipients can outvote the donors, no politician will dare to reform the government.

COLLAPSE of AMERICA
http://www2.tbo.com/news/opinion/201...-co-ar-341112/
Almost 60 percent of all Americans (dependents included) get 100 percent of their income from government (federal, state and local): as workers, Social Security and SSI recipients, other pension beneficiaries and general assistance. The American State, as paymaster to so many people, has created a class of servants.
No matter which partisan political party you embrace, if you're part of the growing recipient class, your self interest will drive the nation to collapse.

When the fleas dominate the dog, the dog dies - - - then the fleas.
Correct when it implodes maybe we can start over and get it right

Old 10-17-2013, 09:33 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
My way is better. I grow my own veggies and don't pay a federal gardener 150,000.00 a year to do it for me. Then I pay accountants just like the senators and congress do, to find ways to write off expenses to business.

I can't recall the last time i paid for gasoline or tools even.. I mean i put these on a charge card and that's the end of it for me. The accountant see's to the rest but that's why that person is paid.
Maybe i should buy a company yacht?

Old 10-17-2013, 09:39 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,135,259 times
Oh boy. Yet another thread about the so-called "Dependent class parasites"?
And conservatives accuse liberals of engaging in class warfare????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies