Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 08:36 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,653,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
The 2-letter abbreviation 'OR' was ALWAYS in the title
OK, then I'm blind. I would swear it was not in there most of the day yesterday and I only saw it this morning. I concede that during the three times I viewed the thread yesterday it could have been there and I just didn't notice it. What can I say. However, you are not the thread originator and we have no way to prove that the OP did or didn't have it in there to start.

You also keep screaming at everyone to click the link. Most of us are responding to the thread title and the words of the OP--which had no link in the post to the fact that this was about Oregon. It was only later that the Oregon information was posted. Unfortunately, I often respond to the first post without reading the entire thread first. I should be better about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 08:59 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,531,096 times
A thread title can only be changed within an hour of starting it, except by a moderator. The OR designation was ALWAYS there whether you noticed it or not. I definitely noticed it there all along.

I didn't scream at anyone to click the link - I simply noted (quite accurately) that neither you nor stampy had bothered to do so

Old 10-19-2013, 12:45 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,730 times
Do any of you even realize how hard government workers work?

Old 10-20-2013, 03:24 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,105,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post

They don't want to know.

Old 10-20-2013, 04:05 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,353,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Do you realize how many scams government workers are hip-deep in scamming? 3 posted in city data just in the last couple of weeks: the FMCS folks buying artwork from their wives with tax dollars, leasing BMW's, etc
http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-fmcs-buy.html

The BATF running a tobacco smuggling sting that in reality appears to be an actual smuggling operation intended to generate cash for them and their pals:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...mpunity-2.html

And this thread--federal employees collect back pay andunemployment in exchange for zero work.

The common element in all three cases is that there is no mention of accountability. No reimbursement of ill-gotten gains, much less prosecution & jail.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:03 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,297,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
The state employment department says roughly 4,400 federal employees in the state applied for unemployment during that time and the state is still working to calculate the total dollar amount that will be paid out to the furloughed workers.

A spokesperson for the employment department said federal employees won’t have to repay their state unemployment because there was never any guarantee furloughed workers would get back pay after the shutdown.

Federal workers in Ore. to get back pay plus unemployment | kgw.com Portland
What a scam! Ripping off the taxpayers as usual! Someone used to call things like this, "double dipping."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies