Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 05:17 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Lets see. The shutdown cost $24 billion.
The population of the United States is around 313 million.
I make that $76.67 per person.

From what I've heard so far, $75 is roughly the average cost of one months Obamacare premium per person.

I think that speaks for itself.
so do I. the government costs us money even when they don't work. it's time to dismantle it and fire all of the parasites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 05:19 AM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
I have insurance and my rates haven't budged. I also don't know anybody personally that's had their premium go up, NOBODY. I keep hearing that same talking point but don't know any real life person experiencing it. But hey, I know folks have to spread propaganda as fast as they can because people are starting to realize the ACA is not the doomsday threat conservatives want them to think it is...Remember medicare and social security? Same crowd said the same thing. In a strange twist, these same weirdos nominated Romney who put forth the same plan as Gov. Yeah, I think this isn't about the ACA, it's their pure hatred for Obama personally.
Where do you buy your individual, non group plan insurance plan from? That is where ACA has had its biggest effect on increasing premiums.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:33 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
I have insurance and my rates haven't budged. I also don't know anybody personally that's had their premium go up, NOBODY. I keep hearing that same talking point but don't know any real life person experiencing it. But hey, I know folks have to spread propaganda as fast as they can because people are starting to realize the ACA is not the doomsday threat conservatives want them to think it is...Remember medicare and social security? Same crowd said the same thing. In a strange twist, these same weirdos nominated Romney who put forth the same plan as Gov. Yeah, I think this isn't about the ACA, it's their pure hatred for Obama personally.

Wow......so the fact that YOU don't know ANYBODY that has had a premium increase means that those people who have had a rate hike are nothing more than propaganda?

What did you think was going to happen when insurance companies had to insure pre-existing conditions? Chronically unhealthy people? Did you think the insurance companies were going to eat those charges? The rate hikes are real -- very, very real.

You'll be seeing thousands of stories like this in the months to come. Just because YOU don't know anybody personally that hasn't had a rate hike doesn't mean rate hikes aren't happening:

More Americans fall victim to ObamaCare sticker shock | United Liberty | Free Market - Individual Liberty - Limited Government

Old 10-18-2013, 05:45 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,175,096 times
I don't understand how people claim Obamacare save them. Look at the coverage of average care.

If you are on a bronze plan which paid out 60% and god forbid that you got into an accident and require an operation which cost $250,000. At 60%, you still have to put out $100,000 out of pocket. Because of these guarantee payment, cost of care will only go up.

For those require frequent treatments, these will break you too.

Unless you get gold or platinum, which the rate is double of what bronze it. For ex: the lowest bronze family plan in NJ cost $775, the platinum cost 1398. Next lowest is $865 bronze, $1615 platinum.

I don't see how this is call affordable.

The only affordable is for those who get it fully subsidized.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:17 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
The link below shows the rate increase by state and by young people, people aged 50 and above, and families. The rate increase in some states is shocking--over 100%. What people are not realizing is that not only are premiums increasing, but the coverage is lousy. You have to pay several thousand dollars out of pocket before you even get to the insurance. My premiums increased 30%, but I would still rather have that and pay $20 copays and $10 prescriptions than pay out several thousand dollars. I am praying my employer decides not to drop our coverage because my premiums will increase 70% and I will get horrible coverage for my family. It will actually be no coverage for my family.

I attended a forum and was stunned by the lack of information Americans have as to how this is going to affect them. Some actually thought the premiums were going to go down. They quickly realized that Obama had promised that, but it's not true, along with many other promises.

If it is not defunded, I think this coverage should be optional and not forced upon people. If you can't get coverage now, this law is great for you. But that is the minority of our population. Our young adults are really getting stuck. They are paying huge premiums for horrible coverage, not to mention people are losing hours from work due to the employer mandate.

I am asking my senators to continue to fight against it, even if they lose. This is a terrible law that even Democrats think should be done away with. Look at the union leaders who were saying the exact same thing Republicans are saying, complaining and getting national attention that they helped put Obama where he is and yet this law will cause great harm to the people in the unions. Now, as a result of a meeting with the White House a few weeks ago, they too get a pass.

I feel so sorry for Americans getting stuck with this poorest of the poor laws.

Enrollment in Obamacare Exchanges: How Will Your Health Insurance Fare?

Old 10-18-2013, 06:21 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Like any of you leftists voted for Corbett the first time.

Why are leftists so stupid?
I voted for Corbett the last time, herp de derp Maybe you shouldn't assume so much about people you don't know

Old 10-18-2013, 06:24 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I voted for Corbett the last time, herp de derp Maybe you shouldn't assume so much about people you don't know
Please explain in detail why you voted for Corbett. Because I' m betting you are lying.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:49 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
The common theme seems to be "I want healthcare, but I didn't know I had to pay for it."

Old 10-18-2013, 07:00 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Please explain in detail why you voted for Corbett. Because I' m betting you are lying.
I also voted for Romney. But, I don't care if you believe me or not. You can continue being the stereotypical GOP Old, Angry, White Man that you continually portray yourself as

Old 10-18-2013, 07:04 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I also voted for Romney. But, I don't care if you believe me or not. You can continue being the stereotypical GOP Old, Angry, White Man that you continually portray yourself as
You aren't even close in your assessment.

I see you can' t explain WHY you voted for Corbett. It's because you are lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies