Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 11:16 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm not seeing the political connection here..

There is none. Its another lame excuse of a thread from alpha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
We have 4,000 deaths annually because of asthma and most of them are preventable. A lot of them because people cant afford the medicine and try to make it stretch. The albuterol inhalers which were generic and cost about $8 a couple of years ago got a new patent when the cfc was taken out. The cheapest inhaler now is $45 in the US. The same inhaler is about $8 or less everywhere else in the world. Dulera the newest wonder drug is over $200 for a one months supply. Other asthma medicines have gotten more costly over the years. You would hope in a case like this the child would be on Medicaid or Insurance without high co-payments and deductible. Parents shouldn't have to choose between paying bills and refilling a needed prescription.

By the way I don't think the parents are going to be suing anyone once some time passes
That's quite a bit cheaper than most cell phone plans.

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomForMorsi View Post
Then why don't you explain? How is it so obvious he is a democrat?
He is Black, from Philly, takes no responsibility or accountability and complains that a lack of public school funding killed his little girl based on all the articles being posted.

He is an odds on favorite.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
But are blaming the Philadelphis School system, and Gov. Corbett for funding cuts.

This is what we've become as an entitlement nation.

The father was called, but "assumed" that she was being taken care of. The fathers girlfriend was also called, but also "assumed" that she was taken care of.

In fact, the father was so indifferent, that he said that he would take care of her when she got home!

"Daniel Burch, Laporshia’s father, is outraged. He says he received a call from the school saying that his daughter felt sick but assumed she was with a nurse. He told his daughter he would take care of her when she got home."

"Burch’s fianceé, Sherri Mitchell also received a call from the school and says that volunteers at the school told Mitchell that the girl said she couldn’t breathe.
“Why didn’t [the school] take her to the hospital?’ asked Laporshia’s father. He believes that a qualified nurse would have recognized Laporshia’s illness as an emergency."

Read more: Girl, 12, dies of an asthma attack because there was no nurse | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This is a tragedy which could have been averted by parents who actually acted, instead of placing their "faith" in bureaucracy.

Why would they NOT rush to the school immediately and take care of the girl?

Alphamale, lowering the bar once again for compassionate conservates everywhere.

Congratulations, using a kid's death to make a stupid political jab. I'l remember this next time you call your opposing side unfeeling.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:19 AM

167 posts, read 163,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
He is Black, from Philly, takes no responsibility or accountability and complains that a lack of public school funding killed his little girl based on all the articles being posted.

Or he could just be a bad person.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:19 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
More excuses, dead child. Bravo, bravo I say.
Really? More excuses? Your entire argument is debunked by this by saying the father was at home being lazy or whatever and all you can come up with is "more excuses, dead child"? Way to politicize a child's death, buddy.

I get your anger at the father since you're a parent (responsible one at that, or that's what you have led us to believe anyway), but when there's cold, objective facts presented to you that CLEARLY states that the staff of the school holds responsibility that you choose to blatantly ignore that's when you're talking out your ass and not doing yourself any favors.

Sorry, but your continued use of "DON'T CARE, CHILD IS DEAD" routine is only making you look like a fool and irresponsible parent.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:24 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:

He has just as much odds of being Republican as he does being a Democrat.

The fact that you're continuing to politicize this really makes me fear for the safety of your child. If you're willing to grill someone you don't even know then what happens when you end up screwing the pooch and become irresponsible?

Sad, sad state you must be in.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Really? More excuses? Your entire argument is debunked by this by saying the father was at home being lazy or whatever and all you can come up with is "more excuses, dead child"? Way to politicize a child's death, buddy.

I get your anger at the father since you're a parent (responsible one at that, or that's what you have led us to believe anyway), but when there's cold, objective facts presented to you that CLEARLY states that the staff of the school holds responsibility that you choose to blatantly ignore that's when you're talking out your ass and not doing yourself any favors.

Sorry, but your continued use of "DON'T CARE, CHILD IS DEAD" routine is only making you look like a fool and irresponsible parent.
Sorry your uniformed. One poster pops in a small quote from one article and I'm debunked? LOL

Miss the critical thinking lesson in school did you?

Old 10-18-2013, 11:29 AM

I conclude the RWNJs are still butthurt over the reaming the GOP has been taking the last few weeks, and like the silly children that they are, they're striking back in the only immature way they know how, blame EVERYTHING including the extinction of the dinosaurs on the Democrats and President Obama.

It takes a special kind of asshattery to blame a kids death on someone's alleged political ideology.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
He has just as much odds of being Republican as he does being a Democrat.

The fact that you're continuing to politicize this really makes me fear for the safety of your child. If you're willing to grill someone you don't even know then what happens when you end up screwing the pooch and become irresponsible?

Sad, sad state you must be in.
Muah, I wuvs you too. What were you upset I wasnt paying you any attention?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies