Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 04:44 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,100,245 times

Advertisements

If there were such a forum as Imaginary History, I would have posted this question there.

What about it? Even for visiting foreign dignitaries, musical evenings at the White House, formal receptions? Surely he wouldn't have picked an all-Mormon staff, so would any adult be able to have a cocktail at the appropriate occasion during a Romney term in office? I'm genuinely curious about this, so please answer accordingly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 04:55 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
I believe President Bush, a recovering person, provided alcohol at state functions, but did not partake.

Mr. Romney, if were president, could have done the same. I dont believe he would have or even could have banned Alcohol.

Old 10-19-2013, 09:53 AM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times
As a Mormon myself, I am quite certain that Romney wouldn't have banned alcohol in the White House. He wouldn't have drunk any himself, but that's about all, and for that reason there wouldn't have been any in his private living quarters.

Old 10-19-2013, 10:02 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,782,576 times
You know the liberals are in bad trouble, when they have to go back to the last election and try to bash the other guy for what they IMAGINE he might have done!

Old 10-19-2013, 10:09 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
You know the liberals are in bad trouble, when they have to go back to the last election and try to bash the other guy for what they IMAGINE he might have done!
Liberals are in trouble ?

It is not the Democratic Party that has its lowest approval rating since polling started. That would be your party.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:17 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Liberals are in trouble ?

It is not the Democratic Party that has its lowest approval rating since polling started. That would be your party.
Some live in an alternate reality dictated by FOX..
As for Romney? he probably would have banned alcohol in his immediate social circle but i dont think he would have made a big deal about it,unless he got a message from God, heres where things can get a bit dicey with supreme rulers having to abide by all these religious laws .
Doctrine and Covenants 89:1-21*

Old 10-19-2013, 12:07 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
As for Romney? he probably would have banned alcohol in his immediate social circle but i dont think he would have made a big deal about it,unless he got a message from God, heres where things can get a bit dicey with supreme rulers having to abide by all these religious laws .
Doctrine and Covenants 89:1-21*
Romney doesn't have to abide by any religious laws, not any more than any other religious person does. Section 89 of the Doctrine and Covenants contains a health code instituted by Joseph Smith in 1838. It's known by Mormons today as "The Word of Wisdom." It tells us what kinds of things we should or should not take into our bodies. It does not say that we should forbid everybody else to use them if they want to. Romney doesn't drink or smoke because he believes these things to be harmful to his health. He would undoubtedly never encourage anyone to drink or smoke, but he certainly would not prohibit it. Did he prohibit it as Governor of Massachusetts? No.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:10 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
If there were such a forum as Imaginary History, I would have posted this question there.

What about it? Even for visiting foreign dignitaries, musical evenings at the White House, formal receptions? Surely he wouldn't have picked an all-Mormon staff, so would any adult be able to have a cocktail at the appropriate occasion during a Romney term in office? I'm genuinely curious about this, so please answer accordingly.
Did he ban it in the state house when he was governor? Why make wild accusations when you could just look it up for yourself?

Old 10-19-2013, 12:20 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Romney is certainly not a Choom Gang type we know.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:28 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
romney is old news. wondering what he would of done in the white house is a waste of thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies