U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-19-2013, 04:04 AM
 
3,449 posts, read 1,368,934 times
Reputation: 3273

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Whatever one doesn't pay is recouped from the others for the cost of running government. General Electric, for instance, pays zero taxes yet it profitably uses the infrastructure which others pay for.
26 Major Corporations Paid No Taxes For The Last Four Years

And they'll continue to not do so as they give too much away to politicians of both parties - don't think the Democrats would do something about it even if they could as they're in GE's back pockets too. So when it comes to corporate welfare - our party - the Democrats are just as guilty.

General Electric: Summary | OpenSecrets

 
Old 11-19-2013, 08:45 AM
 
7,372 posts, read 3,820,179 times
Reputation: 3118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Wall street bankers got a trillion in bailout and ghetto people get a cheap chinese made cell phone.

Hows that for wealth distribution?

Someone is peddling bullsh!t alright.
It's not distribution. It's redistribution. Who do you think paid for both the bailout and the cellphone?
 
Old 11-19-2013, 09:21 AM
 
Location: The High Plains
525 posts, read 367,497 times
Reputation: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It's not distribution. It's redistribution. Who do you think paid for both the bailout and the cellphone?
What I don't understand is this....why is that when a corporation takes advantage of a tax break or a subsidy they're savvy businesspeople.....but when a family takes advantage of a subsidy to eat they're moochers?
 
Old 11-19-2013, 04:21 PM
 
Location: west mich
5,740 posts, read 5,043,057 times
Reputation: 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
And they'll continue to not do so as they give too much away to politicians of both parties - don't think the Democrats would do something about it even if they could as they're in GE's back pockets too. So when it comes to corporate welfare - our party - the Democrats are just as guilty.

General Electric: Summary | OpenSecrets
But as I have mentioned previously on several occasions, the dems have a minority-voice Progressive Caucus (check its platform) while the repugs have nothing similar. I also mentioned the "dialing for dollars" which many do, not out of choice, but by necessity. This all depends on the individual, and one should do a bit of research to know who they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Sorry, no. Under the Obama Admin, New York City is no longer the wealth capital of the U.S. Washington, D.C. is.
Spending on contracts and lobbying propels a wave of new wealth in D .C. - The Washington Post
NYC (Wall Street) no longer the wealth capital? So sad for you eh...
It seems that Obama-hate has addled your RW mind. The slide was initiated by Reagan and embraced by corporate conservatives, and it is mostly repugs (and obviously yourself) who still embrace it and want even more tinkle-down. Ya really think it was all initiated by Obama within the last 5 years? Wall Street is still the wealth capital with taxpayer-guaranteed solvency. Get out of that Fox bubble.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 11-19-2013 at 04:43 PM..
 
Old 11-19-2013, 04:23 PM
 
985 posts, read 834,710 times
Reputation: 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

This is a pretty funny illustration of how forced wealth distribution works.
So if wealth distribution is "forced" does this mean that the wealthy got their money in entirely "natural" ways? There was no "force" in their acquisition of wealth?
 
Old 11-19-2013, 04:39 PM
 
Location: west mich
5,740 posts, read 5,043,057 times
Reputation: 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
What I don't understand is this....why is that when a corporation takes advantage of a tax break or a subsidy they're savvy businesspeople.....but when a family takes advantage of a subsidy to eat they're moochers?
Not only that, but corporate welfare dwarfs the social version.
Think by Numbers Government Spends More on Corporate Welfare Subsidies than Social Welfare Programs
Where to Cut the Federal Budget? Start by Killing Corporate Welfare - Forbes

100% of social welfare dollars go back into the economy, while the rich hoard it in offshore accounts and tax dodges.
Now, I ask you, who is it that gets constantly trashed, shamed, and asked to "tighten their belts" in the corporate-owned media?
This is just welfare for the rich (you know, the hated "socialism") - but who do the RW trolls endlessly complain about?
 
Old 11-19-2013, 05:12 PM
 
8,487 posts, read 4,998,090 times
Reputation: 1107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Wall street bankers got a trillion in bailout and ghetto people get a cheap chinese made cell phone.

Hows that for wealth distribution?

Someone is peddling bullsh!t alright.
The Fed's $29 Trillion Bailout of Wall Street

Breakdown of the $26 Trillion the Federal Reserve Handed Out ...

A trillion?

All that good faith and credit is sourced from the people and they just got stuck with the bill.
 
Old 11-19-2013, 05:17 PM
 
8,487 posts, read 4,998,090 times
Reputation: 1107
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Not only that, but corporate welfare dwarfs the social version.
Think by Numbers Government Spends More on Corporate Welfare Subsidies than Social Welfare Programs
Where to Cut the Federal Budget? Start by Killing Corporate Welfare - Forbes

100% of social welfare dollars go back into the economy, while the rich hoard it in offshore accounts and tax dodges.
Now, I ask you, who is it that gets constantly trashed, shamed, and asked to "tighten their belts" in the corporate-owned media?
This is just welfare for the rich (you know, the hated "socialism") - but who do the RW trolls endlessly complain about?
Both are making lucrative returns for govt. Corporate just yields higher. Those offshoring also included govt investments, as well. Govt is fully aware of the sandwiching and offshoring they just make more from the transnational profit than on the taxes. It also keeps the focus on the transnationals instead of the govt raking it in in the background.
 
Old 11-19-2013, 05:35 PM
 
Location: DR Beach, FL
14,261 posts, read 5,305,904 times
Reputation: 10993
You mean like tax dollars being turned into profits for Blackwater and Halliburton--you know basically used to kill people and nation build in Iraq? Or do you mean the farm subsidies that go to billionaires? The money behind that is called tax and the US has had it for years. I was against the war, and I didn't want to pay for that either--can I have my money back please?

And if you don't want to pay taxes, please secede and start your own country--I heard Texas is interested--big state--plenty of room for everyone. Take all the red state populations with you--it will save the high income earners a bundle.
 
Old 11-19-2013, 10:22 PM
 
50,385 posts, read 21,108,370 times
Reputation: 5882
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
(Wall Street) no longer the wealth capital? So sad for you eh...
Why would that make me sad?
Quote:
It seems that Obama-hate has addled your RW mind. The slide was initiated by Reagan and embraced by corporate conservatives, and it is mostly repugs (and obviously yourself) who still embrace it and want even more tinkle-down. Ya really think it was all initiated by Obama within the last 5 years? Wall Street is still the wealth capital with taxpayer-guaranteed solvency. Get out of that Fox bubble.
Not true anymore. Obama's policies of enriching government contractors, etc. (the totally screwed up several hundred million dollar Obamacare website ring a bell?) have made DC the new wealth capital. And that wasn't reported by Fox, it was reported by the Washington Post.

Lose your blind ideology and start informing yourself. You make yourself look foolish when you try to assert things that have already been proven false.

Last edited by InformedConsent; 11-19-2013 at 10:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top