Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 12:05 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,779,778 times

Advertisements

Penn & Teller: Bull****! Explain Wealth Redistribution - YouTube

This is a pretty funny illustration of how forced wealth distribution works.

Old 10-20-2013, 12:21 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,189,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

Penn & Teller: Bull****! Explain Wealth Redistribution - YouTube

This is a pretty funny illustration of how forced wealth distribution works.
Wall street bankers got a trillion in bailout and ghetto people get a cheap chinese made cell phone.

Hows that for wealth distribution?

Someone is peddling bullsh!t alright.

Old 10-20-2013, 12:23 AM

29,641 posts, read 24,661,879 times
Pretty well explains it. When I go to the store, the food stamp folks are getting fatter and eating all sorts of heavily processed, high fructose corn syrup infused garbage. The folks paying in cash are buying the discount items, whatever is on sale, and fewer groceries. Gotta love it. The leeches appear to be doing better than the working class. The kicker is when their atrocious diet deteriorates their health, the producers will also be required fork over the money to fix them up, so they can continue to get fat of our tax dollars. What a backwards nation we are becoming. Those progressive types should really be called regressives.

The only issue with the video is... No whipped cream. You think the food stamp folks would tolerate a pie without? As long as you're buying they won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Wall street bankers got a trillion in bailout and ghetto people get a cheap chinese made cell phone.

Hows that for wealth distribution?

Someone is peddling bullsh!t alright.
The Wall street bankers are also required to pay that money back. Which they are doing. The Wall street bankers were also forced to issue mortgages to high risk home buyers simply because the democraps believe in artificial prosperity. Want to do business in America? Bend over!

Old 10-20-2013, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Pretty well explains it. When I go to the store, the food stamp folks are getting fatter and eating all sorts of heavily processed, high fructose corn syrup infused garbage. The folks paying in cash are buying the discount items, whatever is on sale, and fewer groceries. Gotta love it. The leeches appear to be doing better than the working class.

The only issue with the video is... No whipped cream. You think the food stamp folks would tolerate a pie without?
You cry about someone getting whip cream, yet have no problem with bankers getting a trillion in bailout money

You've been suckered, but what else is new.

Let's make a deal, I pay for Obamaphones and you pay for corporate welfare, deal????

Didn't think so

Old 10-20-2013, 12:26 AM

44,995 posts, read 26,148,796 times
Quote:
You cry about someone getting whip cream, yet have no problem with bankers getting a trillion in bailout money

Its all wrong, but that partisan blind spot you have wont let you see it

Old 10-20-2013, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Its all wrong, that partisan blind spot you have wont let you see it though
send me the bill for Obamaphones, and I'll send you the bill for the Wall Street bailout and corporate welfare

Deal???

Old 10-20-2013, 12:29 AM

Quote:
send me the bill for Obamaphones, and I'll send you the bill for the Wall Street bailout and corporate welfare

Deal???
Explain how one is better than the other, they both involving taking from one by force and giving to someone else.
And its not just obamaphones lol

Old 10-20-2013, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Explain how one is better than the other, they both involving taking from one by force and giving to someone else.
And its not just obamaphones lol
It's not about better, it's about amount.

I'll pay for food stamps and obamaphones if you pay for the wall street bailout and corporate welfare.

Deal??

didn't think so.

Old 10-20-2013, 12:34 AM

Quote:
It's not about better, it's about amount.

I'll pay for food stamps and obamaphones if you pay for the wall street bailout and corporate welfare.

Deal??

didn't think so.
I shouldn't have to pay for either.
And Its not about amount its about the act itself , you are trying to apply the same logic a common thief uses to justify his actions.

Oh this rich guy doesn't appreciate this painting, so ill just take it for myself.

Old 10-20-2013, 12:37 AM

29,641 posts, read 24,661,879 times
Quote:

Let's make a deal, I pay for Obamaphones and you pay for corporate welfare, deal????

Didn't think so
Where did you get the idea that I believe corporate welfare is anymore acceptable? It should be apparent that the democraps largely jeopardized the entire mortgage lending industry by DEMANDING them to lend to risky home buyers. All so people who should not own a home can own a home. Today, many, if not most of those people no longer own a home. Some banks were wiped out, while others were made whole again thanks to the tax payers. Had the government kept their nose out of the lending industry's business, things would have worked out much different and more favorably for everyone involved.

The last thing you want to hear is "I am the government and I am here to help". Good things NEVER follow. The free market however is extremely efficient, something that the democrats hate with every ounce of the dark, corrosive blood that courses through their veins.

Personally, I believe the government should get back to the basics. They should not be using tax payers money to lubricate and manipulate the free market. Repair or replace the thousands of crumbling bridges, revamp our K-12 education system, provide safety for the general public, etc. Instead of teaching people to depend on the government, offer opportunities for them to learn marketable skills. Basically, teach a man to fish instead of giving him one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies