Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 01:17 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
That's just a matter of perspective. While you may cling to your strange interpretation of events, the rest of us saw quite clearly what happened: The GOP did not like a law that went through all required institutions to become enacted and thus, simply kept providing proposals that ALL required that existing law be changed or suspended. In order to lend the necessary leverage to getting the US to alter existing law, they decided that it would be a great idea to hold the economic well-being of our nation as a sacrificial lamb and put a dagger to its throat.

Maybe you adhere to a different credo, but most of us Americans do not believe that our laws should be changed simply because somebody holds us hostage. Our principles and convictions run deep - your's obviously don't. I'd call you a traitor to the American way.

Bravo to Obama for not caving to such unethical politicking and shame on the GOP for resorting to such low-life strategies.
Agreed, completely different perspective. First, there was no hostage taking as you allude to. I thought liberals were against all the violent rhetoric in U.S. politics? I seem to remember "heated political rhetoric" being listed as the cause for several mass shootings that some were trying very hard to attribute to the tea party folks. ABC even went so far as to accuse the suspect of being a tea party member in Aurora, CO and we all know how that ended. Having said that, I am not a tea party supporter, nor do I approve of their decisions in the recent shutdown, but, it is simply fact that Obama and Reid refused to negotiate with the House on anything. Not just the ACA, but sequestration, entitlement reforms, tax reform, etc. That isn't how representative government works, and both parties share a degree of the blame. Democrats cannot rule by decree or fiat or executive order and circumvent the House, and Republicans cannot ignore passed laws.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:27 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
True. We need to get the Democrats out of the senate, so we can turn the country around...

...which brings me to a statistic you DIDN'T mention:

75% of the country feels that we're headed in the wrong direction.

Democrats control the senate and the presidency, and they have been VERY adamant that they WILL NOT talk to Republicans AT ALL, therefore, it's the DEMOCRATS that are leading the nation in the wrong direction.

Oust all Democrats!

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Direction of Country
Thanks for sharing your personal opinon, but the poll suggests people think GOP is to blame.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:38 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,484 times
The GOP is the only honest brokers out there on this issue. They have a nasty history too, but compared to the Democrats they are the lesser of two evils.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:45 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
A strong GOP, a viable "loyal opposition" (at the present time) is important for the nation to function effectively. However, the GOP is being taken-over by anarchists hell-bent on damaging our nation and our institutions of government. It's unfortunate that some people overlook the moderates who make up the majorityof the GOP. It's time for that 'silent majority' to stand up and say, "ENOUGH!" Send the bad guy on their way and let's get back to supporting this nation and promulgating good legislation.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:49 PM

7,495 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
GOP, Boehner take shutdown hit in new CNN poll - CNN.com

- 63% say that Speaker of the House John Boehner should be replaced.

- 54% say it's a bad thing that the GOP controls the House

- 12% say they approve of the job Congress is doing

It doesn't get much worse than that.
Says a group of Obama Voters that live off handouts and freebies..

Next poll please!!

Old 10-21-2013, 01:52 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoo86 View Post
Please...SoS's are foreign affiars reps.

The governor of a state is in a greater executive capacity than the secretary of any cabinet.
If running the dept.of State is not an executive job then nothing is!!! LOL

"SoS's are foreign affairs reps"????? Now, that has got to be the very worst sentence I have read in a long while! LOL

Old 10-21-2013, 01:56 PM

334 posts, read 716,179 times
Majority of Americans say GOP is bad for the nation

Majority of the electorate voted for Obozo. Stupid is as stupid does.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:03 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
In that case the majority of Americans must be as you call them lwnj's. The approval numbers for the GOP are lower than a snake's bellybutton and are still dropping. You know, if I were the manager of a team that just got the stuffing kicked out of it I would be rethinking how we played the game and make some necessary adjustments. The fact the GOP not only thinks they don't need to and furthermore they actually won the game even though the score was 50 to nothing for the other guys points to a possible folding of their entire organization.
a 17 trillion dollar debt is not a game. How much debt must we have before we start looking at it

Old 10-21-2013, 02:05 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
wasting billion$ is now okay ? The country's infrastructure is crumbling, yet Congress holding people hostage is fine. What a very sad place we are in. How many trillions did we spend in Iraq again?

Old 10-21-2013, 02:07 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,668,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickySantoro View Post
Majority of Americans say GOP is bad for the nation

Majority of the electorate voted for Obozo. Stupid is as stupid does.
Homer Simpson once said: "Everyone is stupid except me."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies