Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 06:35 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, I'll say it again, maybe you will understand it this time. Obama should have listened instead of being a bully... "I will not negotiate".

Obama has dug himself a hole, and instead of climbing out by giving another year to sign up for Obamacare as Ted Cruz tried to get him to do, instead he seems to have brought an excavator into the hole with him.
The idea that all the Republicans wanted was a delay to fix things is pure BS. Everyone in Washington knows that if one can't kill something, propose a study or recommend a delay until all the facts are in -- thereby delaying something forever.

Delay is essentially an attempt to kill Obamacare on the installment plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 07:46 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
This will not be something that will be forgotten. There are 144 members of the House that voted for default. We will be recruiting good candidates to run against them as they are easy targets now. I have 10 of these anarchists in my state and will do all I can to elect their opponent. I have made contact with numerous people already with this goal.

To say we are pissed off is mild. I need good people that live in Districts 1,2,3,6,7,11,15,17,19 that would consider a life in the Congress. I am all for a grass roots effort to counter what the teabaggers aka the koch brothers, are doing.

I don't like the idea they stand to profit the most from the keystone pipeline -100 billion worth, I know they are greasing the wheels to get that fortune and it will sacrifice our environment.

these brothers are bad for America but good for themselves.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:09 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
This will not be something that will be forgotten. There are 144 members of the House that voted for default. We will be recruiting good candidates to run against them as they are easy targets now. I have 10 of these anarchists in my state and will do all I can to elect their opponent. I have made contact with numerous people already with this goal.

To say we are pissed off is mild. I need good people that live in Districts 1,2,3,6,7,11,15,17,19 that would consider a life in the Congress. I am all for a grass roots effort to counter what the teabaggers aka the koch brothers, are doing.

I don't like the idea they stand to profit the most from the keystone pipeline -100 billion worth, I know they are greasing the wheels to get that fortune and it will sacrifice our environment.

these brothers are bad for America but good for themselves.
Absolutely! They have used the right wing base's hatred for Obama as a tool to further their selfish and greed driven demented agenda. Try and tell a right winger that the pipleine is a big mistake and they come out in droves to defend it. The Koch grinches are even convincing people that there should be no affordable insurance available. Imagine that, these incredibly wealthy bastards telling others that the less fortunate should not have the access to healthcare.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:13 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Exactly what the Dems did in passing the ACA.

People ( a majority of them too!) were loud in their disapproval and they were happy to dismiss what the People told them.
They basically said that the People were dumb and that they didn't care what they think.

This is just what happened in the bringing of us to this point,
The democrats introduced the legislation in the spring of 2009 and because of bi-partisan concerns keep drafting and re-drafting the bill over the next year. Many of the provisions that Obama in particular had wanted, such as public option, were tossed out. The democrats gave republicans a chance to add amendments but they weren't interested in amending; they simply wanted to delay voting indefinitely. Pretty much the same tactics we've seen with this bill and other legislation all along. It's not a party of ideas, it's merely a part of opposition - to anything democrats propose.

As I have said, it's not like democrats have a monopoly on good ideas, but unfortunately, it does seem like they have a monopoly on rational thought and a monopoly on at least having a shred of concern for the well-being of the country. Sorry, but repubs fail on both accounts. It might explain why their approval ratings are at all time lows. The latest tea party antics are an example of all that's wrong with the right, with their "I know I'm right, and a middle finger to anyone who tells me I'm not" way of thinking. I expect that type of thinking from adolescents, not a party of elected legislative representatives. They need to grow up as a party.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:19 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Absolutely! They have used the right wing base's hatred for Obama as a tool to further their selfish and greed driven demented agenda. Try and tell a right winger that the pipleine is a big mistake and they come out in droves to defend it. The Koch grinches are even convincing people that there should be no affordable insurance available. Imagine that, these incredibly wealthy bastards telling others that the less fortunate should not have the access to healthcare.
Call me cynical, but I think the root problem is the American voter. The only cure is a super-majority, similar to what's happening in California right now. For the first time in years, the government is actually able to pass budgets and get things done. People just got sick of the knuckle-dragging republican antics and realized that the state's headed for disaster unless people can put aside stupid anti-tax pledges and vote based on what's for the good of the people over what's good for Grover Norquist.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:44 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
The gloating is making me sick. All the news lately is how the shutdown made the GOP look like chumps, spoiled angry children who tried to blackmail the country.
From what I have seen, this hasn't changed. This shutdown fiscal (at least right now) could have a big "blue" impact going forward.

Of course, people have short memories. So who knows.

Though I do think they should of listened to their programmers and delayed the website. Oh well.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:49 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Obama cannot be hurt unless the sleeping media watchdog wakes up and and far as can be told, that dog won't hunt.

It is unfortunately humorous to see all the potential crimes, lies and intentional behavior misread as incompetence bought to light and die on the vine of bright light the media watchdog peed on.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:54 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, I'll say it again, maybe you will understand it this time. Obama should have listened instead of being a bully... "I will not negotiate".

Obama has dug himself a hole, and instead of climbing out by giving another year to sign up for Obamacare as Ted Cruz tried to get him to do, instead he seems to have brought an excavator into the hole with him.
You keep running with that meme, but I don't think you understand what he was saying and I don't know if I care to correct you anymore because you seem to be one of the few who doesn't get what he meant.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:55 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yep, and you and the left are polishing the heck out of the ACA.............
And we will also be polishing off those new seats the Democrats will be winning in 2014.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:09 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You keep running with that meme, but I don't think you understand what he was saying and I don't know if I care to correct you anymore because you seem to be one of the few who doesn't get what he meant.
Aaah imagine that, urbanlife78 who is a "independent contractor" outsourced to work for companies so they don't have to hire employees, a liberal that doesn't know the purpose of a 1099 form and do you report what you make? Yes, telling us how others need to pay more taxes, how Obama is not corrupt.

No, the post is meant to tell people who we are dealing with. So you "filed a 1099 form"? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies