Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 01:10 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,071,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Why? Because raising the Medicare eligibility age, actually yields only minor savings. The point is that if you want to control Medicare costs, you can’t do it by kicking a small number of relatively young seniors off the program; to control costs, you have to, you know, control costs.
Well isn't that what obamacare is trying to accomplish? republicans whine about obamacare, but its the only law that tries to tackle rising healthcare cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 01:10 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
And Bingo on the bolded part of your post. Now ask yourself where have all the jobs gone and who sent them away and above all---who profits from shipping jobs out of the US?
where did they go------overseas, outside of the border (mexico, china, india, etc)

who sent them away----the globalist liberals

who profits---the transglobal corporations

Old 10-21-2013, 01:12 PM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times
Who creates the jobs? the "rich" or the government?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I know that nobody on the side of the republicans will be believe this, but obama wants to have a grand bargin to secure his legacy. He wants tax revenue in exchange for entitlement cuts to medicare, medicaid and social security. He campaigned on tax hikes for the top 2% in this country making over 250K. Here is my question, why are so opposed to obama closing loopholes for the top 2%, if you get major reduction in entitlements which are the largest driver of our debt? He made it known that he would lock in the bush tax cuts permanently for everybody else, so why are you trying to protect the rich from the closing of any loopholes?

Old 10-21-2013, 01:13 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
I know that nobody on the side of the republicans will be believe this, but obama wants to have a grand bargin to secure his legacy. He wants tax revenue in exchange for entitlement cuts to medicare, medicaid and social security. He campaigned on tax hikes for the top 2% in this country making over 250K. Here is my question, why are so opposed to obama closing loopholes for the top 2%, if you get major reduction in entitlements which are the largest driver of our debt? He made it known that he would lock in the bush tax cuts permanently for everybody else, so why are you trying to protect the rich from the closing of any loopholes?
making over 250K....?????

the PHONEY "tax the rich" by the liberals...which will tax the MIDDLECLASS....in the 1950's the ''rich'' was defined as households over 340k...which in todays dollars is over 3 million.....yet the fascist liberals want to call 250k rich.....the liberals want to define a workingclass cop making 150k, married to a workingclass teacher making 120k...as rich.....go figure the fascist liberals

Old 10-21-2013, 01:14 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
everyome who WORKS OFF THE BOOKS does not pay into the system...they are (for lack of better words) stealing .....be it a lawn guy, a drug dealer, a prostitute, a babysitter, a mechanic who gets $20 an hr off the books.
Which is why my tax policy is - a certain amount for everyone 20 and above. Payable by the end of September each year - or have an alphabetized schedule of payments.

Last name A-E - 1st Q pay
F-J = 2nd Q pay

...and so on.

But everyone pays. No behavioral rules - charitable deductions, mortgage interest, stock/dividend rules - gone.

Taxable amount depends on the federal budget and the census. Congress must pass a budget to receive taxes. Divide the budget into the round number of people taken during the census. That's your tax.

You want lower taxes, make more people - and keep an eye on federal spending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
why not lower EVERONES taxes

no body, i repeat NOBODY should be paying more than 10-15% other thier income to the federal government....and I mean ALL income

the biggest problem is a good portion of INCOME is never reported to begin with....so say as low as 17% (which is still 2 trillion dolars worth), orther say as high as 55% (which is over 8 trillion)

everyome who WORKS OFF THE BOOKS does not pay into the system...they are (for lack of better words) stealing .....be it a lawn guy, a drug dealer, a prostitute, a babysitter, a mechanic who gets $20 an hr off the books.

you want to raise revenue and tax everyone fairly, and get the MOST from the big bad rich guys...then tax spending...not income

joe schmo makes 100k (after overhead) doing ________(fill in the blank)....pays NOTHING in income tax...why...its all off the books...never reported.....but during the year he SPENDS nearly 80k at walmart, bestbuy, amazon, shoprite, walgreens, sears, outback, and the lexus dealer.....tax spending (a consumption tax) , get rid of the income,corporate,estate,excise taxes and have one simple federal consumption tax.....

So you just made my point, if you say the biggest problem is alot of income is never reported, obama wants to fix that issue. With republicans, they are resistant to that. it is a rule that any of closing tax loopholes has to have reduction in tax rates, but why?

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
The tea party is substantially funded by Koch and Murdoch. Hey, it's their $ and they can spend it as they please to attempt to instill a new order dead set on eliminating :

Welfare
Social Security
Medicare
Medicaid
Public education
Federal laws
Healthcare

Sounds like a sure fire prescription for an emerging third world nation.

It's not clear if Murdoch shares these values. What's good for Fox News is good for his pocketbook.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:15 PM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Again, the first thing you say in response is the rich is paying higher taxes as if you trying to say that don't need to be taxed anymore. Why do you care how much they are taxed?
The point is that we already have a graduating tax. At what point is it at a fair level and how is this determined? I mean for crying out loud I say in my freaking post I'd take the trade of reduced spending for higher upper income taxes and here you are trying to put the screws to me?

I care how ALL US citizens are taxed in their totality, not just the rich.

You guys sound like the people that moan over the top 2% but then turn around and support brutal regressive sales taxes in cities like Chicago.

The loophole closures are IMO a drop in the bucket, the problem is spending and guess what? Just because we collect more on the top 2% doesn't mean we really fix anything, just more for congress to hand out to their donors.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Who creates the jobs? the "rich" or the government?
I was waiting for " the rich are the people who create jobs" Let my friend from the republican side few give his argument:

Bill Kristol: 'It Won't Kill The Country If We Raise Taxes' On Millionaires (VIDEO)

Old 10-21-2013, 01:18 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Not everyone is dependent on local business and to many producers paying this ridiculous tax Belize is looking better and better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies