Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 04:16 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,470 times

Advertisements

Nevada school shooting: Teacher killed, two students wounded - CNN.com

Just wondering how easy it is for gun right supporters for their kids to access the guns?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 04:20 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,645,815 times
Absolutely not! Safety is number one in my house; I keep my guns locked in a safe.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Nevada school shooting: Teacher killed, two students wounded - CNN.com

Just wondering how easy it is for gun right supporters for their kids to access the guns?

My daughter has had her own Savage 410 pump shotgun since she was 5.
It has always been kept in her closet, with a box of shells. It was never unloaded, but no shell chambered.
At 10 years old she got a scoped mini14 and yes it has the 30 round mag. It is her hog gun.
It too has been kept in her closet, loaded but not one chambered, until We got her, a Gun Safe.
She now has a 6" .38 special and she just turned 16, that she takes with her when bowhunting.

She wants a black powder musket.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:28 PM

I will confess I kept a load gun in the house for many years with kids in the house. I am not sure now. Heck I remember people keeping loaded rifles next to the fireplace next to the firewood. I just don't know now. I think its time to lock stuff up and or the guns and hide the ammo if you don't do that.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
My daughter has had her own Savage 410 pump shotgun since she was 5.
It has always been kept in her closet, with a box of shells. It was never unloaded, but no shell chambered.
At 10 years old she got a scoped mini14 and yes it has the 30 round mag. It is her hog gun.
It too has been kept in her closet, loaded but not one chambered, until We got her, a Gun Safe.
She now has a 6" .38 special and she just turned 16, that she takes with her when bowhunting.

She wants a black powder musket.
I can see that and I have been both ways on guns. Now my two guns are unloaded and the ammunition is hidden.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:34 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
I will confess I kept a load gun in the house for many years with kids in the house. I am not sure now. Heck I remember people keeping loaded rifles next to the fireplace next to the firewood. I just don't know now. I think its time to lock stuff up and or the guns and hide the ammo if you don't do that.
So when someone breaks in, you can yell "Wait until I get the ammo and load up!"?

I keep mine loaded and accessible. Not where my kids can get it, but where I can get it within seconds of my feet touching the floor.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:37 PM

415 posts, read 764,426 times
all my guns except 1 are in the safe, and if you were to some how get in my safe there is no ammo stored with my guns, the one gun' left out is locked n loaded in a gun vault in our closet for home security, cant be running down 2 floors to the safe if there was glass breaking or my alarm was to go off

Old 10-21-2013, 04:39 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,434 times
I am scared of guns. Those things can just jump and shoot you and there is nothing you can do about it. People are crazy to keep guns in their house.

What a great world it would be without guns in it.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:42 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
I am scared of guns. Those things can just jump and shoot you and there is nothing you can do about it. People are crazy to keep guns in their house.

What a great world it would be without guns in it.
Now, now... it's only the black, scary-looking ones that are too dangerous to keep around. Shotguns are ok as long as you only use them to scare intruders away by firing them into the air.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:48 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
I grew up in a house with guns and ammo in the same closet. Parents taught us all respect for weapons and never had a need to lock them up.

That being stated locking up guns and ammo separately when you are not there is a good thing to do. In many states its the law.

However when both myself and wife are away God help an intruder as both my teens are deadly accurate shots. Each of them used multiple guns for target and hunting. bith have a huge respect for them. Plus we have a very stable home and our kids arnt all whacked out on drugs or have emotional/mental problems.

If people want them though they will get them no matter what you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies