Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2013, 12:38 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkennyn View Post
I'm not paid a dime by anyone with exception to my employer. However, I do find it irritating that you mouthbreathers suck down the preverbial froth that spews forth from the stubby end of fox news' appendage.

The healthcare law isn't a website...it is simply a tool. A tool that will be fixed. A tool that is having problems because of it's massive volume of users.

No where except in GOP land is something a failure and "destined to fail" when it is so popular that it's servers can't manage the traffic.
They had 3 years and 600 million dollars to make the"tool" work. The "tool" does not work.
The "tool" must have 7 million sign ups before march to make the big "tool" ACA from jacking the prices.
Yes its a big "tool"

Old 10-23-2013, 12:46 PM

63 posts, read 47,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The issue is Medicare isn't a mandate. You don't have to get Medicare, you elect to get it. If you elect not to get health insurance, you get taxed for it. The primary system (or tool as you put it) for enrolling was meant to be the website. The website is failing.
You should pay a penalty for not having medical coverage. It is as simple as that. Regardless of whether you're covered or not you still get treatment...it just becomes everyone elses problem. And yes the website isn't working right now but this website has existed for 22 days. The issues will eventually be resolved. There are no excuses for the site not working as it should be right now, but the site architect's are probably working around the clock to get it fixed. At my work when we have software rollouts or new prod rollouts if ANY QA issues surface we work round the clock to resolve them. I could only imagine the work they are putting in right now.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:48 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
So the problem is the site is so successful that it simply can't handle the traffic? Alrighty then.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:51 PM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
The floors are sticky. We have to pass a new law that says you can't bring food and soda on the House and Senate floors.

But seriously:

1) It is apparently too easy for John McCain and his buds to jump over the aisle. We need to build a fence. They almost wrote the plan for Syria. Are they so egotistical that they couldn't just vote yes or no on Obama's sketchy plan? No, they almost OWNED it. If it turned to crap, Obama would just say, "Hey, I didn't write the plan, the Republicans did." Thank you Vladimir Putin for saving us from the idiots in our own party...including one of my Senators.

2) The Republicans, for whatever reason, when doing their fiscal conservative talking are unable to explain to the average American about pass down costs. Low information voters think the GOP is all about business. The GOP politicians simply do not articulate how those business regulations/laws/other affect every American. Example: Rising fuel prices or new regulations about fuel do not just impact Joe Taxpayer at the pump and in his home heating which is all I ever hear. It impacts them, for example, when they pay for food at the supermarket and when they buy their kids' clothes for school, because businesses pass those costs down to consumers if it costs businesses more to get their products to the stores or to heat their own factories. It may impact job hiring or job hours for a small businessman.

They did not adequately explain the impact of Obamacare on people who already had insurance. For people signing up, they didn't explain the outrageous deductibles or how their boss might find it cheaper to dump them off their great healthcare.

3) They don't tell college students why they are Obamacare patsies for the old and sick once they come off mom's and dad's insurance.

4) Is Keystone dead? Why aren't the Republicans talking about it while Obama still dithers. How long has he been dithering, two years?

5) The Republican Machine is not telling the truth about amnesty. They are still about cheap labor for business even if it means the demise of the Republican Party. The aisle crossers will tell you it's all about getting more people included in the Republican Party. BS. Those people won't vote Republican. Those people will vote the Freebie Party because they are poor. The reason we have immigration laws ( that nobody enforces, btw) is so the American taxpayer isn't burdened by masses of poor people entering the country. Oh yeah, and go ahead and shoot me, but Ronald Reagan didn't do us any favors in this area.

6) For decades, GOP candidates have been lying about tax simplification. They get into office and you never hear about it again. They aren't going to simplify taxes when the lawyer lobby gives them big bucks to keep it complicated. That's how lawyers make money.

Last edited by LauraC; 10-23-2013 at 01:02 PM..

Old 10-23-2013, 12:54 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Calls for restrictive gun control laws that will do nothing to deter crime or prevent the next massacre but will impact law-abiding gun owners.
Too true, and way to many anti-gun folks just. don't. get. it. Criminals will get their hands on guns one way or another, beyond the law, that's why they're criminals.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:57 PM

63 posts, read 47,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
So the problem is the site is so successful that it simply can't handle the traffic? Alrighty then.
One of the diagnostics were clear that the servers couldn't process the volume.

What would you call that?

Old 10-23-2013, 12:58 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,454 times
Democrats take the high road way too often. Even worse they too often let the right set the basis for discussion. Like after 9/11 the embassy attacks under Clinton were open to discussion but the ones under Bush weren't. In the last election Obama's college records were open to discussion but Romney's weren't

Old 10-23-2013, 01:14 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkennyn View Post
One of the diagnostics were clear that the servers couldn't process the volume.

What would you call that?
After $600 million? I call it a disgrace.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:20 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,160 times
im conservative what pisses me off is when one of our elected leaders doesn't know when to shut up. Republicans have too many of those guys. I generally don't support abortion but when a woman is raped? I mean come on. Democrats seem to know when to shut up.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:27 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,159 times
Republicans who claim to be all about liberty and freedom, yet are against gay marriage/adoption. Hell, I'm even for legalizing drugs if it was done properly. I should be able to put whatever I want in my body as long as I accept the fact that I am responsible for what happens after, not society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies