Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2013, 11:44 AM

347 posts, read 491,635 times

Advertisements

Which countries all over the world, right now have the highest ECONOMIC growth rates?
How does America compare over the last 5 years to those countries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 11:45 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyexpat View Post
Which countries all over the world, right now have the highest ECONOMIC growth rates?

google it.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:17 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,658 times
Ever heard of self reliance?

Old 10-22-2013, 12:24 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Can someone get the statistics on this and post it?
Yes, I can. But, you know what? I'm not gonna, since it is a waste of my freaking time. DIY.

Quote:
Who cares?

Quote:
From your English vocabulary, to compare means to examine two or more things that are similar.

Your question corrected for proper English grammar and vocabulary usage is this...

How does America contrast over the last 5 years to those countries?

Two or more things that are totally dissimilar are contrasted, not compared.

The States with the largest growth rates are all developing-States, but the united States is a post-Industrialized State.

That is why we cannot compare the united States to those States with the fasted growing economies.

A post-Industrialized State by definition, has a slow growth rate.

Wanna see?

2000-2010 1.68%
1991-2010 2.55%
1981-2010 2.79%
1971-2010 2.89%
1961-2010 3.16%
1961-1970 4.22%
1971-1980 3.21%
1981-1990 3.27%
1991-2000 3.41%
2001-2010. 1.68%

Average = 2.89%

....that's your GDP since 1961 viewed over different time spans.

The united States was once a developing-State, you know. The US began Electro-Mechanical Industrialization at the start of the 20th Century.

The US completed Industrialization fully in the mid-1960s. I peg it at 1964, but if you want to split hairs at 1963 or 1965 or 1966, that's something we argue about while drinking cappuccino.

Agriculture is always the very first sector of any economy that starts the process of Industrialization, but then it is also always the last sect to completely industrialize.

I mention that, because this is just one of many facets of Keynesian Economics that are riding the Fail-Boat. Keynes and all of his sycophants are wrong, because they have no idea what they're doing. They do not understand why the Great Depression occurred, they do not understand that it never really ended, they do not understand that FDR's policies were negative, not positive, and because they don't, they do not understand why the most recent two recessions....the Clinton Recession and the subsequent Bush Recession.....took place.

The Keynes Crüe is correct to a point....government spending may have a minimal positive impact on the economy, the only problem that spending cannot take place in the US, meaning you would have to spend that money outside of the US. In other words, government spending on infrastructure enhancement, expansion or repair in the US will not create jobs or have a positive impact on the economy, but the US government developing and expanding the infrastructures in other States, specifically developing-States would ultimately have a positive impact on the US economy.

One day....maybe.....the Keynes Crüe will finally understand the meaning of the word "global."

Some advice....stop obsessing and fantasizing over what other States and other people are doing, or what they have, stop obsessing about what you [think you] don't have and start obsessing about how to save your own skin.

A lesson in Economics...with bonus advice....

Mircea

Old 10-22-2013, 12:27 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Ain't gonna do the five year thingy for you but as of 2012, perhaps these are what you're looking for:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../2003rank.html

Old 10-22-2013, 01:28 PM

347 posts, read 491,635 times
Default this was informative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Yes, I can. But, you know what? I'm not gonna, since it is a waste of my freaking time. DIY.

Who cares?

From your English vocabulary, to compare means to examine two or more things that are similar.

Your question corrected for proper English grammar and vocabulary usage is this...

How does America contrast over the last 5 years to those countries?

Two or more things that are totally dissimilar are contrasted, not compared.

The States with the largest growth rates are all developing-States, but the united States is a post-Industrialized State.

That is why we cannot compare the united States to those States with the fasted growing economies.

A post-Industrialized State by definition, has a slow growth rate.

Wanna see?

2000-2010 1.68%
1991-2010 2.55%
1981-2010 2.79%
1971-2010 2.89%
1961-2010 3.16%
1961-1970 4.22%
1971-1980 3.21%
1981-1990 3.27%
1991-2000 3.41%
2001-2010. 1.68%

Average = 2.89%

....that's your GDP since 1961 viewed over different time spans.

The united States was once a developing-State, you know. The US began Electro-Mechanical Industrialization at the start of the 20th Century.

The US completed Industrialization fully in the mid-1960s. I peg it at 1964, but if you want to split hairs at 1963 or 1965 or 1966, that's something we argue about while drinking cappuccino.

Agriculture is always the very first sector of any economy that starts the process of Industrialization, but then it is also always the last sect to completely industrialize.

I mention that, because this is just one of many facets of Keynesian Economics that are riding the Fail-Boat. Keynes and all of his sycophants are wrong, because they have no idea what they're doing. They do not understand why the Great Depression occurred, they do not understand that it never really ended, they do not understand that FDR's policies were negative, not positive, and because they don't, they do not understand why the most recent two recessions....the Clinton Recession and the subsequent Bush Recession.....took place.

The Keynes Crüe is correct to a point....government spending may have a minimal positive impact on the economy, the only problem that spending cannot take place in the US, meaning you would have to spend that money outside of the US. In other words, government spending on infrastructure enhancement, expansion or repair in the US will not create jobs or have a positive impact on the economy, but the US government developing and expanding the infrastructures in other States, specifically developing-States would ultimately have a positive impact on the US economy.

One day....maybe.....the Keynes Crüe will finally understand the meaning of the word "global."

Some advice....stop obsessing and fantasizing over what other States and other people are doing, or what they have, stop obsessing about what you [think you] don't have and start obsessing about how to save your own skin.

A lesson in Economics...with bonus advice....

Mircea
From your post :

A) You are Republican.
B) You are more than 50 years old.
C) You love economics and history, if you aren't a teacher of either.

From me:

At times people ask Rhetorical Questions as not to actually know the answer as I can simply do my own research, but to start a DIALOGUE, you can choose to play or not, not forcing anyone.

That's a lesson in life.

Also, try proof reading more often I lauged when you typed "FASTED" instead of "FASTER"

Old 10-22-2013, 01:37 PM

519 posts, read 1,023,175 times
The fastest growing economies tend to be historically impovershed nations- when you start at the bottom, its much easier to go up. Stable but moderate growth tends to be a much better indicator of a country with a good quality of life than rapid, chaotic growth. I really don't know whats considered to be the best measure here- I'd guess the IMF would be a good place to start. After a quick search here are two lists I'm seeing for the top 10 in the past year:

1 South Sudan
2 Libya
3 Sierra Leone
4 Mongolia
5 Paraguay
6 Timor-Leste
7 Iraq
8 Panama
9 The Gambia
10 Mozambique

1. Libya
2 Sierra Leone
3 Mongolia
4 Niger
5 Turks and Caicos Islands
6 Turkmenistan
7 Panama
8 Afghanistan
9 Macau
10 Iraq

Old 10-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
why are people on this site so condescending ?

the man(or women) asked a simple question. Either you are able to answer it or you are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies