Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 01:05 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
The Jobs Act. Oh boy! With a name like that, it must be good. This my friends, is the typical mindset of your average Democrat voter. Perhaps you folks need to actually read what's in the bill before getting all gung ho on passing it. Oh wait, your party leader advised this isn't necessary.
Feel free to point out the acts inadequacies
The American Jobs Act — President Barack Obama's Jobs Plan .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 01:26 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,437,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
The Jobs Act. Oh boy! With a name like that, it must be good. This my friends, is the typical mindset of your average Democrat voter. Perhaps you folks need to actually read what's in the bill before getting all gung ho on passing it. Oh wait, your party leader advised this isn't necessary.
What are some parts of the bill that would make me cringe? For those who don't know me here, I'm an Indepedent who is a fiscal conservative and social liberal, I don't see where this bill had anything that would've made me go against it especially at that point in time. It would begin fixing the corporate tax-rate, giving tax-credits to hire people, modernize America, create an infrastructure bank, and much, much more. Of course there would be pork in the bill, but overall it seems like something conservatives would've loved and Democrats should've loved it as well considering it came from the President.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:37 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
2 words Republican Obstructionism

Americans voted to send Republicans to Congress to stop Obama, Pelosi and Reid.

"You don't like a particular policy or a particular president? Then argue for your position. Go out there and win an election"

"Elections have consequences."

~ Barrack Obama

Old 10-23-2013, 01:44 AM

7,540 posts, read 11,568,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Americans voted to send Republicans to Congress to stop Obama, Pelosi and Reid.

"You don't like a particular policy or a particular president? Then argue for your position. Go out there and win an election"

"Elections have consequences."

~ Barrack Obama
No they did not stop bringing up the outrageous Faux Snooze talking point

Old 10-23-2013, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Dems only hold power in the Senate not in the House to get things down one party needs to control both the house and the Senate This is another reason why Republicans are not helping Obama

Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube

22% of all Americans voted for Obama in 2008.

In 2012, it was 21%.

In 2010, Democrats lost the House in a landslide defeat.

Now you would like the Republicans to forget who sent them to Washington because 1 in 5 Americans think Obama should be President?

Old 10-23-2013, 02:03 AM

7,540 posts, read 11,568,330 times
Obama is still president nobody voted for Republicans to do nothing they want them to help get the economy moving and they are not. So why does the GOP only have a 14% to 17% approval if voters loved them for doing nothing there approval rating would be much higher than Obama right now

Old 10-23-2013, 02:04 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,131 times
Quote:
22% of all Americans voted for Obama in 2008.

In 2012, it was 21%.

In 2010, Democrats lost the House in a landslide defeat.

Now you would like the Republicans to forget who sent them to Washington because 1 in 5 Americans think Obama should be President?

Well, according to that logic, even less a percentage of Americans want the GOP in power. So pretty much you're arguing that nobody can do anything, ever unless more Americans get out and vote.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Well, according to that logic, even less a percentage of Americans want the GOP in power. So pretty much you're arguing that nobody can do anything, ever unless more Americans get out and vote.

Yes, America is deeply divided between net tax payers and net recipients.

As a net payer, I would prefer that the party representing the net recipients be permitted to do nothing if it means spending more money we don't have and passing the bill along to our kids.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:38 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,131 times
Quote:
Yes, America is deeply divided between net tax payers and net recipients.

As a net payer, I would prefer that the party representing the net recipients be permitted to do nothing if it means spending more money we don't have and passing the bill along to our kids.
That doesn't really address my point. When I pointed out that using votes as a percentage of the total population makes the GOP even less popular than the Democrats, you've seem to have responded by simply adopting a completely different standard.

If you were going to do that, why bring up what percentage of the total population (are you counting children too?) votes for the Democrats?

Old 10-23-2013, 05:05 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,940,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I would say because even those in the party center would vote for it after his shovel ready stimulus in which he promised to keep unemployment at 7% and create huge numbers of jobs while renewing massive amount of infrastructure.
There are inaccuracies in your post, such as Obama promising UE would be 7% f te stimulus passed.
PolitiFact | Ad says Barack Obama promised the jobless rate would be 5.6% if Congress passed the stimulus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies