Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 01:15 PM

46,192 posts, read 26,877,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I wonder what conservatives will complain about after the web site is fixed?

Is that before or after the $96 million...plus whatever verizon is going to get....

Sorry, but 3+ years and that much money....I figured most dems would be ashamed, but as you can see....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 01:18 PM

76,959 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
should we complain about Obama giving 98 million dollars to a CANADIAN Company to build the Obamacare website.... A CANADIAN company that FAILED to create a viable government database for CANADA? ....
It was the American subsidiary which got the contract for ACA. The Canadians did not do the coding for it. Not that it mattered, because the ball was dropped anyway.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:20 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,728,053 times
Quote:
how much it stinks that the government is forcing people to buy something they dont want to buy?
how Obamacare is causing millions of Americans to lose $$$ due to lost work hours as they drop below 29 hours a week?
how Obama care is preventing businesses from hiring additional workers?
How Obamacare is cousing premiums to go up drastically while causing coverage to go down drastically?

Or we could just talk about all kinds of non-obama care stuff like how Obama's team is forcing poor deaf people into homelessness in Arizona when there is specialized housing availble for them but Obamatrons have decreed they cannot live in the housing because it was made for deaf people?

Dude we have LOTs of stuff to complain about.
I know these are the complaints from the conservative alternative reality, but I'm talking about actual real world complaints. I wonder if conservatives will have any of those.

Learn something:

PolitiFact | Health Care statements

Old 10-22-2013, 01:21 PM

76,959 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Is that before or after the $96 million...plus whatever verizon is going to get......
Yes, you are correct. I'd much rather see politicians blow 244 times that much money in 2 weeks playing political poker in DC.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Is that before or after the $96 million...plus whatever verizon is going to get....

Sorry, but 3+ years and that much money....I figured most dems would be ashamed, but as you can see....
$96 million?

That's a fraction of the cost compared to Ted Cruz's hissy fit.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:25 PM

23,345 posts, read 17,025,195 times
Quote:
should we complain about Obama giving 98 million dollars to a CANADIAN Company to build the Obamacare website.... A CANADIAN company that FAILED to create a viable government database for CANADA?

seriously you have a company with a history of failing to do what they have been contracted to do, and bammer gives them 98million dollars, then acts shocked when they live up to their reputation....
O didn't go for the pipeline from Canada and in reparation hired a canadian company to ease international relations and redistribute taxpayer money on a gloabl scale.

Part of his jobs program for Canadians...Oops! wrong country! Now Canadians will be recruited by the dems as unregistered voters and are sure to vote for obama.... ayres and dohrn advocated global participation in US presidential elections.... we are on our way!!!

Old 10-22-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, you are correct. I'd much rather see politicians blow 244 times that much money in 2 weeks playing political poker in DC.
Quote:
$96 million?

That's a fraction of the cost compared to Ted Cruz's hissy fit.
I see neither of you are able to answer....

yes, cause congress is so great with money....

$52,000 a second is borrowed, and spends $120,000 per second....by congress....and yuo are worried about few billion?

Well, that money was not blown, that is a far leftist plow....If the GOV was shut down, how is that money blown.....Anyway...that's off topic...

Old 10-22-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
I see neither of you are able to answer....

yes, cause congress is so great with money....

$52,000 a second is borrowed, and spends $120,000 per second....by congress....and yuo are worried about few billion?

Well, that money was not blown, that is a far leftist plow....If the GOV was shut down, how is that money blown.....Anyway...that's off topic...
No, what we're saying is that you're a hypocrite. You claim to be concerned about money being spent to fix a problem, but don't bat an eye when someone wastes a much higher amount of money only to have accomplished nothing. That's the point. Am I surprised you missed it? No.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:34 PM

20,395 posts, read 12,295,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It was the American subsidiary which got the contract for ACA. The Canadians did not do the coding for it. Not that it mattered, because the ball was dropped anyway.
thats like saying since I eat with my left hand, my right hand does not benifit.

this is a Canadian company. period.

I like Canadians. If a Canadian company was the best company out there to do the job, and they had a great track record of doing such work, and they won the bid, then I would not hesitate to use them.

but since they were failures in Canada and had a track record of failure, it is within bounds to add that fact to the list of reasons why the Obama team is made up of idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
No, what we're saying is that you're a hypocrite. You claim to be concerned about money being spent to fix a problem, but don't bat an eye when someone wastes a much higher amount of money only to have accomplished nothing. That's the point. Am I surprised you missed it? No.

You cannot find 1 post where I said I was not mad at that...nice way to attempt to spin it towards your favor...but fail again, am I surprised? No...

Also, let me remind you of what obama stated:

Quote:
And here's what you need to know. First, I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits -- either now or in the future. (Applause.) I will not sign it if it adds one dime to the deficit, now or in the future, period. And to prove that I'm serious, there will be a provision in this plan that requires us to come forward with more spending cuts if the savings we promised don't materialize.
Guess that was a lie and you still support that.....figures...

Remarks by the President to a Joint Session of Congress on Health Care | The White House
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies