Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2013, 05:39 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,778,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
He has a history of violence.

That doesn't change the fact that he was the victim in this particular crime. Nugent was the aggressor, Nugent attacked him as he was walking away. All he did was defend himself against his attackers.
History?? He has a past. He did a very stupid thing when he was a teenager and has to live with it for the rest of his life. One incident that happened almost 20 years ago IMO is not considered "history". He served his time and as far as we know he didn't kill another person nor was he ever in trouble with the law after that incident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 05:40 PM

513 posts, read 695,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
It's not a grown man hitting a 13 year old boy. It is one adult attacking another.

Your gender doesn't matter once you attack someone. The moment she hit him, the moment her hand touched him, he had the right to defend himself. She deserved it.
I'm not defending her actions, but yes it is equivalently the same as hitting a 13 year old boy. I have not seen Jaclyn in about 5 years, but from the video she does not appear to gained any weight. She was like 5'2 and 115 lbs. It is not exactly a fair fight

Old 10-22-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M.M View Post
Lol, crazy thing is I know Amanda and Jaclyn! Jaclyn always did have a bad temper and looked like the agressor, but the guy did not have to punch her in the face. She is a tiny chick, and the guy looked like a big dude. He could have simply pushed her away. I don't buy the equality arguments either, with her size, it is the equivalent of a grown man hitting a 13 year old boy
If he "punched" her, based on his size compared to her size, she would have been out cold. I bet his "push" would have more behind it than the "punch" he laid on her.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:47 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
..and his butterfly punch didn't hurt her.. He didn't hit her very hard from her reaction. A good punch would have put her on the ground, he hardly fazed her... From her reaction I would guess it was more of a slap, unless she has an iron jaw...
Yea, he did not slap her very hard. It was probably more of a reflex from being pissed off. Very understandable and she deserved it.
If he on the other hand had taken his fist and punched her in the face as he would another guy his size, that would have been wrong. You have to know you strength and the damage it can do.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:48 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,142 times
Quote:
I'm not defending her actions, but yes it is equivalently the same as hitting a 13 year old boy. I have not seen Jaclyn in about 5 years, but from the video she does not appear to gained any weight. She was like 5'2 and 115 lbs. It is not exactly a fair fight
Is she a 13 year old boy? No, she is an adult. He had the right to defend himself once she hit him.

Sorry, but you can not assault another adult and expect them to take it just because you're a little smaller than them. That is not how the world works. An aggressor is an aggressor, it doesn't matter what size they are.

513 posts, read 695,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
If he "punched" her, based on his size compared to her size, she would have been out cold. I bet his "push" would have more behind it than the "punch" he laid on her.
From what is seen on the video I would disagree. He was being partially held back at the time as well. The beginning of the video is him being pulled away from a pile as well, so there is much more to the story than the video shows.
She shouldn't have gone after a guy twice her size, it was a dumb move. All I'm saying is it is imo wrong for a guy to punch a girl half his size in the face under almost all circumstances. There are a few extreme circumstances where I would not blame the guy, but that certainly was not one of them

Quote:
Then she should have known better than to attack someone who is bigger than her. Her "size" has nothing to do with it and her stupidity has everything to do with it.

I bring a gun to a fight and you bring a knife. Who is the fool?

Old 10-22-2013, 05:50 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Unless it's mutual combat, you're not entitled to the expectation of a "fair fight" when you attack someone. You're entitled to the expectation that the person you have attacked can and will use overwhelming force to repel your attack. Especially when he has two other attackers to contend with.

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Don't know about you all, but some of these women I would not want to get hit by...and I'm not a small dude...5'10" 210 lbs....

https://www.google.com/search?q=wome...w=1229&bih=858

Well yea, they are bigger than you.

20,123 posts, read 16,142,906 times
Quote:
Then she should have said to herself "I better not hit him because he is bigger than me and can flatten me in a single blow. I would be an idiot to not just let him continue to walk away." This is totally her fault - totally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies