U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 10-22-2013, 01:08 PM
 
697 posts, read 1,330,843 times
Reputation: 1634

Advertisements

HHS brings in Verizon to help HealthCare.gov | Federal Times | federaltimes.com

Seriously?? Verizon?? Ever tried navigating Verizon.com or managing successfully through Verizon's customer unservice telephone menu tree? I could go on but I'll leave that to the responses
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-22-2013, 01:11 PM
 
15,758 posts, read 8,565,202 times
Reputation: 6222
LOL! So the same people who were ROASTING the previous adminstration for "no bid" contracts has decided to bring in Verizon under no-bid conditions to fix their problem.


nice.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2013, 01:13 PM
 
6,209 posts, read 6,591,183 times
Reputation: 3091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggier View Post
HHS brings in Verizon to help HealthCare.gov | Federal Times | federaltimes.com

Seriously?? Verizon?? Ever tried navigating Verizon.com or managing successfully through Verizon's customer unservice telephone menu tree? I could go on but I'll leave that to the responses
Verizon has the worst customer service I've ever encountered. Even the CSRs are confused and all that starts at the top.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2013, 01:15 PM
 
2,819 posts, read 2,666,916 times
Reputation: 1212
I guess it could have been worse. Comcast?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2013, 01:25 PM
 
Location: Old Bellevue, WA
18,794 posts, read 13,600,442 times
Reputation: 7921
I think Cruz and co. would have settled for a 1 year delay. They floated that as a trial balloon all over, and kept saying they wanted Obama to negotiate. We can only guess, but it is very possible that the 1 year delay was their primary strategy.

Now it turns out that Obama would have been better off to take that option. He could have heaped 3 years of blame on Cruz for forcing him into it, and lamented how much better off the nation would be without the delay.

I don't generally buy into the view that Obama is stupid/incompetent. I think he's a sharp guy but just very misguided. However he really did flub this one. He had to have known that he had a major disaster on his hands, and there was Ted Cruz offering a way out that he could have turned into political gold. And he rejected it. Big time flub.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2013, 02:34 PM
 
Location: The Lone Star State
8,031 posts, read 7,363,515 times
Reputation: 5040
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I think Cruz and co. would have settled for a 1 year delay. They floated that as a trial balloon all over, and kept saying they wanted Obama to negotiate. We can only guess, but it is very possible that the 1 year delay was their primary strategy.

Now it turns out that Obama would have been better off to take that option. He could have heaped 3 years of blame on Cruz for forcing him into it, and lamented how much better off the nation would be without the delay.

I don't generally buy into the view that Obama is stupid/incompetent. I think he's a sharp guy but just very misguided. However he really did flub this one. He had to have known that he had a major disaster on his hands, and there was Ted Cruz offering a way out that he could have turned into political gold. And he rejected it. Big time flub.
Ego?
Plus no real world business experience. But, that's what the people elected...


Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I guess it could have been worse. Comcast?
Oh, snap!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2013, 10:22 PM
 
6,950 posts, read 5,222,246 times
Reputation: 2752
I've just spent the last 10 minutes on Healthcare.gov, browsing the platinum plans for a single person, 49 and under, in two states, Florida and Georgia. The site clearly shows the family size/income levels that could qualify for subsidies:


and it also clearly displays the percent of coverage for each of the 5 levels of coverage:

There were at least a dozen platinum plans for both states, ranging from $250-$350 per month.

The site is functioning smoothly, with no wait times or errors.

Healthcare.gov was a very sick site at start-up, but it is becoming more robust with every passing day. Any reports of its demise are greatly exaggerated....
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2013, 10:26 PM
 
9,473 posts, read 5,659,826 times
Reputation: 2161
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I've just spent the last 10 minutes on Healthcare.gov, browsing the platinum plans for a single person, 49 and under, in two states, Florida and Georgia. The site clearly shows the family size/income levels that could qualify for subsidies:


and it also clearly displays the percent of coverage for each of the 5 levels of coverage:

There were at least a dozen platinum plans for both states, ranging from $250-$350 per month.

The site is functioning smoothly, with no wait times or errors.

Healthcare.gov was a very sick site at start-up, but it is becoming more robust with every passing day. Any reports of its demise are greatly exaggerated....
So, your goal here, is to make it easier to take someone else's money... Gotcha.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2013, 10:27 PM
 
9,473 posts, read 5,659,826 times
Reputation: 2161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggier View Post
HHS brings in Verizon to help HealthCare.gov | Federal Times | federaltimes.com

Seriously?? Verizon?? Ever tried navigating Verizon.com or managing successfully through Verizon's customer unservice telephone menu tree? I could go on but I'll leave that to the responses
I don't think they were hired for anything but their lobbying expertise.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2013, 10:28 PM
 
Location: texas
9,138 posts, read 6,490,529 times
Reputation: 2372
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I think Cruz and co. would have settled for a 1 year delay. They floated that as a trial balloon all over, and kept saying they wanted Obama to negotiate. We can only guess, but it is very possible that the 1 year delay was their primary strategy.

Now it turns out that Obama would have been better off to take that option. He could have heaped 3 years of blame on Cruz for forcing him into it, and lamented how much better off the nation would be without the delay.
So we have the 1 year delay, then a year from now when everyone went to sign up...guess what happens.

this problem wasnt known until people tried to sign up...
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top