Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2013, 01:09 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Once again, happening once doesn't make it a practice. Sounds like you're simply looking to be "outraged" about it.

I also never condoned what the store did, I simply said people are making this out to be some international incident.
minimizing it and passively accepting it (which you are doing) is an acceptance of there tactics, which will allow for this to keep happenning.

if you put up a megaphone and put them on blast, they will learn and not do it again.

look at barneys. they know there under pressure, they just issued a release an hour ago. they can feel it and know that they will be watched going forward.

sweeping it under the rug does not address the problem.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:29 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
minimizing it and passively accepting it (which you are doing) is an acceptance of there tactics, which will allow for this to keep happenning.

if you put up a megaphone and put them on blast, they will learn and not do it again.

look at barneys. they know there under pressure, they just issued a release an hour ago. they can feel it and know that they will be watched going forward.

sweeping it under the rug does not address the problem.
Kinda like black on black crime epidemic in this country? I guess a black kid getting stopped about a questionable purchase ranks higher on the list than children getting moved down daily in places like S. Chicago.

Some folks sure do have some jacked up priorities.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:30 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Really? Where did I say that you did any such thing? Where did I say that ALL cons did?.
jesus h. christ. i posted it twice, and bolded it both times
this time i'll make it bold, underlined and red, just so you may have half a chance of seeing it.

here it is for the third time. third time's a charm?

post #37.

Quote:
Huh. Remember when Oprah got exactly the same treatment at some fancy store in Europe, and every single con on this forum showed up to call her names, blame her for the incident, accuse her of just wanting publicity and comment on her personal appearance and intelligence?
Quote:
You must seriously get a little tingle down there calling people liars, because this one is certainly a lonnnng stretch. And makes you look quite silly while you're at it.
it's a stretch to say that your claim that 'every single con on this forum' said something they didn't say - is a flat-out lie?

well alrighty then

Old 10-23-2013, 01:31 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Congratulations! Biggest stretch of today! Completely wrong, but an impressive effort. Gold star for you for Most Subtle Racist Post, too.
I believe that we are all equally capable of taking care of ourselves.

Lefties have gotten it into their heads that certain groups need help to keep up.

That's where "affirmative action" comes in. Some help, huh?

Blacks are still dead last in every single economic and educational indicator....and it isn't because they're not capable of improving....it's because a certain group prefers to keep them there.

But I'm a racist.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:33 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Once again, happening once doesn't make it a practice. Sounds like you're simply looking to be "outraged" about it.

I also never condoned what the store did, I simply said people are making this out to be some international incident.
yep, the stink of faux outrage in this thread is overwhelming.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:34 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You are right, I don't know and if he does good for him. Would you prefer that I went on a rampage attacking him? That's the problem, people are so defensive about everything. You all need to chill.
You are calling me defensive and all i did was ask you if you had any luxury items, but you dont think what you said was defensive ???

Last edited by dsjj251; 10-23-2013 at 02:09 PM..

Old 10-23-2013, 01:35 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yep, the stink of faux outrage in this thread is overwhelming.
Would these same folks be up in arms if it was a white kid that got questioned about the purchase? I doubt it. Another day, another overreaction simply due to a black kid being involved.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:36 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
I love it when white people arrogantly counsel black people about why they are always at fault for having to suffer white racism...

Lol.. And I am surprised and impressed that you detected how condescending, empathetic/smug that comment
was actually. Gold star for you too.
Someone needs to.

Blacks in America have been under the control of lefties for the last 60+ years, yet blacks are STILL dead last, as I stated in a previous post, dead last in every single economic and education indicator.

With all that "help", who needs enemies?

Enjoy!

Old 10-23-2013, 01:37 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's nice that they all got together to once again blame guns. Meanwhile, Lincoln Park has 1 murder a year and Austin has 40....and they are only 3 miles apart and have the same gun laws, same access to guns etc.

The rev just showed up for the photo op, to make a political attack on guns and to of course help deflect the real problem in Chicago which is racist and selective policing policies. If only the city were a republican stronghold, then the rev could open his mouth and speak the truth.

Sharpton (to his credit) at least attempted this a little bit before being told to tone it down "or else".

Ah yes, reminds me of how MLK got treated by Mayor Daley (the dad).
You are side stepping again, the point was the person i responded to claimed they never did it, they obviously have, and quite often at that.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:39 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
So, reading the comments for the article and also some comments here, why are people even bringing up " why is he wasting his money on a 300 dollar belt" and "why is he embracing the thug lifestyle" etc.
Like that even matters. People spend money on stupid things all the time.
I have to say, from this article unless there is anything else we don't know, which I doubt, this is a clear case of racism.

BUT
Do I think it represent the store? NO. I think it was an isolated incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies