Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2013, 02:20 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Sorry Mr. Sharpton but the point was, people get all worked up about stupid stuff like the OP story yet don't give a crap about more pressing issues.

Keep throwing that race card though.
The only one throwing up the race card is you. I already posted a link showing that the so called black leaders you always talk about have been in Chicago talking about violence and holding rallies, but since you ignore or dont look for anything that would contradict what you are saying, you are ignorant to the facts.

But hey,keep saying others are throwing the race card, even though it is you who came to this forum even though it is you who came to this forum and tried to change the subject just because a store got called out on there BS.

Keep deflecting.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:22 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,833,729 times
Quote:
So in other words, it's all about race for you. I think we've gotten that. The fact he was Black makes this newsworthy to you and anyone that disagrees with you must be racists. Got it.
any racial issue is on your end by reducing a civil liberties violation like this to silly stuff, as you did a few posts ago.

i already made my point that conservatives have proven that they arnt concerned with gross violations like this when it comes to black people. its been proven in this thread.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:23 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,973,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The only one throwing up the race card is you. I already posted a link showing that the so called black leaders you always talk about have been in Chicago talking about violence and holding rallies, but since you ignore or dont look for anything that would contradict what you are saying, you are ignorant to the facts.

But hey,keep saying others are throwing the race card, even though it is you who came to this forum even though it is you who came to this forum and tried to change the subject just because a store got called out on there BS.

Keep deflecting.
If Waterhead Al did not sue the race card like a drunken gambler he would not be where he is today. Jackson all the black leaders use it to get ahead, and the blacks cry race no every time they break the law. Quit raping, robing, stealing and dealing drugs and maybe you will get a bit of respect.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:23 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,941,704 times
Quote:
94% to 84%

its not so much of a difference that one should be talked about and the other shouldnt.

from 2000 to 2010 58,000 white people were murdered(5272 a year)

same time spand 78,000 blacks were murdered.(7090 a year)

Are you telling me it isnt considered an epidemic for whites as well ?
For the love of God, that statement of B on B crime was simply used to make a point and that was people get all worked up about ONE kid getting questioned about a belt purchase while not batting an eye at more important stuff that happens EVERYDAY!

Old 10-23-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you keep insisting that this is so, but have zero evidence to base it on.

if this happened to the average white person, the last thing i'd be talking about would be a police state and civil liberties.
what would your stance be if this was a white person.

you seem to be fine with what happened since you didnt say anything about barneys or the nypd.

i assume you are ok with being arrested and detained after proving who you are and showing an ID, purchasing the product with your own money, correct?

Old 10-23-2013, 02:26 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,941,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
any racial issue is on your end by reducing a civil liberties violation like this to silly stuff, as you did a few posts ago.
OH NOES!!! One kid got stopped after buying a belt!! Stop the presses! Holy overreaction Batman!! Seriously, you're making Mount Everest out of a mole hill.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:27 PM

72,968 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
When crime is committed by a much higher percentage of black men then by any other group its just good horse sense to think something was amiss. I don't look at 60 year old white women as possible plane hijackers, Arab men in their 20s very high chance. Its just good horse sense, if you don't like it don't blame us for playing the odds, look at your own culture that breeds such crime and horrible behavior.
I don't care what the statistics say. You know why? Those statistics do not represent ME. They do not represent the law-abiding Black people who have nothing to do with crime. Those statistics represent the individuals who actually committed those crimes. If a Black person has committed a crime, throw said person in prison, you do the crime you do the time. The young Black man should not have to pay for the stupidity of someone else who happens to be Black. I don't care what other have done. What does it have to do with that particular individual? And that isn't the only question I have for you.

Other questions:

1) I am a law abiding citizen. Never been to prison, I don't cause problems in society. Why should I be willing to suffer for the guilty? Why should law abiding Blacks suffer for the law breakers who happen to be Black?

2) How does it help law-abiding Blacks to be subjected to further scrutiny because of criminals who happen to be Black? What do I, a law abiding Black man have to get out of it? How does it benefit me?

These are not rhetorical questions. I require straight answers for these questions.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:28 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,568 times
Quote:
You are looking at luxury from a rich person's perceptive(subjectivity) instead of simply by the definition of the word.

no one needs a 350 dollar belt,there for it is a luxury item.
No one needs a box of Golden Grahams, therefore it is a luxury item?

Actually the whole concept of luxury is subjective based on your position in life. I was taking the position by the definition from the perspective of a middle class person.

By that perspective, a $350 belt is not real luxury.

Maybe it's a luxury item if you make less than 25K a year.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
For the love of God, that statement of B on B crime was simply used to make a point and that was people get all worked up about ONE kid getting questioned about a belt purchase while not batting an eye at more important stuff that happens EVERYDAY!
he was not questioned.

he was questioned, arrested, and detained, even though he showed his ID and even though he used his own money.

why do you intentionally just say that he was questioned. you are trying to change the story into something to fit your agenda.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:29 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,518,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i hate that this kid bought a 350 belt, because its being used by the conservative posters in here to minimize the fact that he was profiled, arrested, and detained because they believe black kids cant afford to buy anything of value.

i respect the fact that you havent fallen for that trap that the other conservatives in this thread have.

i personally dont care what anyone spends there money on.

kid was saving the money, and thats what he wanted. i dont know how someone could have a problem with that.
people who have a problem with the belt, replace belt with any number of things kids his age buy like playstation 4 or 5s or high tech phones. the outrage would still be the same. I too am happy to see some conservative posters here siding with the boy. threads like this let us separate the conservatives from the racists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.