Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 04:26 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
... they would be in the process of crafting a REAL and detailed alternative to ObamaCare. This would be the time. IT problems, security problems, questionable people handling the exchanges, higher than expected prices,...

The THEY would be the private sector - not government. The private sector should create a program and publicize it as a viable alternative - get it popular from the public's perspective and then take it to Congress and pressure the legislature.

Also - in the past, the fact that 30 million people did not have health insurance was a crisis. I find it interesting it's been said that only 19 million people have looked at the website, and only 500,000 have completed the process. If 30 million w/o insurance was such a crisis, why are these numbers so low after 3+ weeks?
Yea....like ANY reasonable alternatives would be considered.

I can see osama out there on the stump saying "Gee....the GOP came up with a really great plan!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 04:33 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Yea....like ANY reasonable alternatives would be considered.

I can see osama out there on the stump saying "Gee....the GOP came up with a really great plan!"
I guess we`ll never know will we? Do you know why?

Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube

Old 10-23-2013, 04:43 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Democrats rejected all input in the committee markup; so they now have to make it work as they own it.Heck senate leadership didn't even allow reading the bill by publishing it on time.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:53 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumbling View Post
What were the several plans did the republicans have?
It was\is not a unified 'plan", but legisaltive actions the Republicans believe would bring down health care cost.

1) insurance potability. [not HIPPAA II] is the believe that one should be able to buy HC coverage across state lines.

2) tort reform. limits award amounts juries can levy against doctors.

provides relief to doctors, not to the uninsured.

3) Expand Health savings Accounts. would make it easier for patients with high-deductible health plans to use them to obtain access to health care.

Does not address the uninsured.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:45 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
... they would be in the process of crafting a REAL and detailed alternative to ObamaCare. This would be the time. IT problems, security problems, questionable people handling the exchanges, higher than expected prices,...

The THEY would be the private sector - not government. The private sector should create a program and publicize it as a viable alternative - get it popular from the public's perspective and then take it to Congress and pressure the legislature.

Also - in the past, the fact that 30 million people did not have health insurance was a crisis. I find it interesting it's been said that only 19 million people have looked at the website, and only 500,000 have completed the process. If 30 million w/o insurance was such a crisis, why are these numbers so low after 3+ weeks?
Obamacare is the GOP alternative.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:26 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumbling View Post
What were the several plans did the republicans have?
does ANYONE ever bother to try investigating for themselves anymore?

here let me google that for you;

https://www.google.com/#q=republican+healthcare+plan

or perhaps you like yahoo;

republican health care plan - Yahoo Search Results

or bing;

republican health care plan - Bing

now that wasnt so hard was it?

Old 10-23-2013, 10:59 AM

2,189 posts, read 2,605,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
does ANYONE ever bother to try investigating for themselves anymore?

here let me google that for you;

https://www.google.com/#q=republican+healthcare+plan

or perhaps you like yahoo;

republican health care plan - Yahoo Search Results

or bing;

republican health care plan - Bing

now that wasnt so hard was it?
The first google hit is:
Jeb Bush: GOP lacks alternative healthcare plan, 'self-restraint'

Another google hit is:
Republicans Finally Unveil Their Alternative Health Care Reform Plan — But It's Too Little, Too Late
http://www.policymic.com/articles/64...ittle-too-late
You can find a very detailed description on what’s in it at The Daily Caller. In short, while it has a lot of great ideas from family tax credits to more consumer control to desperately needed tort reform (i.e., frivolous medical malpractice lawsuit reform), it could still use more free market solutions from knocking down state borders for families to shop for insurance plans anywhere in the U.S. (as you can with any other kind of insurance) to scaling back unnecessary FDA regulations that inflate the costs of prescription drugs. But it’s a start. Unfortunately though, I’m not sure how much good it could do now. At least an alternative solution has finally been presented, taking away the Obama administration’s and their Democratic allies’ favorite talking point: The GOP are just a party of ‘no’ and have no ideas (assuming the media even gets the word out on this plan). But my question is where was this plan during the 2012 election? That was arguably the last legitimate opportunity for them to repeal the Affordable Care Act and replace it with something better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies