Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 10:23 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,729,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Have it your way. American medical costs are reasonable and affordable. Why, they're actually cheaper than the medical costs of other countries! Nothing to see here; move along.
Better?
my health insurance is just fine. cheap too. how about you stop posting links to things no one has ever heard of. just because it has the words "international" and "federation" in the title, you take them seriously.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:24 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,956,012 times
Quote:
Instead of moaning about the content of my posts, how about putting up data that shows how I'm wrong? I'll wait.
No, you have to prove you're right.

And not with your usual supply of fallacies.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
my health insurance is just fine. cheap too. how about you stop posting links to things no one has ever heard of. just because it has the words "international" and "federation" in the title, you take them seriously.
Just remind these dweebs whose entire thought process is based on fallacies... that you don't accept them.

Learn what the fallacies are, and just remind them from time to time.

List of fallacies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-27-2013, 10:26 AM

15,082 posts, read 14,293,396 times
Health insurers ration your care by limiting the doctors you may visit because they negotiate fees with those doctors. They will only pay for you to visit the ones they have negotiated the lowest fees with.
Health insurers ration care through co-pays, deductibles and caps. In fact, what they are really doing is encouraging you to self-ration. Knowing that a certain amount of your care will have to be paid from your pocket, you may choose not to get the care or drug you need. Health insurers deny services or reimbursements for services. Denial of care is perhaps the most understood form of rationing, because it causes outrage and frustration. What most patients don't understand is that this is also the aspect of rationing that is most affected by laws and regulations, too.
Healthcare Rationing - What Is Healthcare Rationing?

Old 10-27-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Health insurers ration your care by limiting the doctors you may visit because they negotiate fees with those doctors. They will only pay for you to visit the ones they have negotiated the lowest fees with.
Health insurers ration care through co-pays, deductibles and caps. In fact, what they are really doing is encouraging you to self-ration. Knowing that a certain amount of your care will have to be paid from your pocket, you may choose not to get the care or drug you need. Health insurers deny services or reimbursements for services. Denial of care is perhaps the most understood form of rationing, because it causes outrage and frustration. What most patients don't understand is that this is also the aspect of rationing that is most affected by laws and regulations, too.
nope. my health care is just fine. cheap too. I never use it, but that's another issue.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry, your post is a big fat lie.

Rationing is a restriction of availability or supply... That you failed to buy insurance to cover what you thought, or that you want something paid for that doesn't conform to the terms and conditions of your contract IS NOT RATIONING. You can always pay for it yourself. Rationing is when it's NOT available, whether you have money or not.

Rationing is when the government issues rules that reduce the supply, or exclude people from having certain things because of age or other conditions. That's health care rationing.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:31 AM

Fine. Have it your way. Healthcare in America is more than affordable. Nothing's broken, everything's fine. Much ado about nothing.
Happy?

Old 10-27-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Fine. Have it your way. Healthcare in America is more than affordable. Nothing's broken, everything's fine. Much ado about nothing.
Happy?
I'm happy. but see, I am not a parasite. I have always had health insurance, because I have one of those pesky little job thingies.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Happy?
That's the sum total of your debate isn't it? Lie, post fallacies, and then post snark. As if you are completely incapable of a reasoned thought, or telling the truth.

So, why would anyone trust your opinion on anything? Why should it even be listened to? How can someone who can't form a logical argument or tell the truth provide or even have relevant input into a solution to anything?

Old 10-27-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
That's the sum total of your debate isn't it? Lie, post fallacies, and then post snark. As if you are completely incapable of a reasoned thought, or telling the truth.

So, why would anyone trust your opinion on anything? Why should it even be listened to? How can someone who can't form a logical argument or tell the truth provide or even have relevant input into a solution to anything?
So don't listen and don't read my posts. Seems simple enough. I'm surprised it hasn't occurred to you.
Oh, wait...I'm not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.