Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 09:33 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,974,030 times

Advertisements

I don't know if its as much of a problem as the left tries to push off on us, and I don't think we have to try to stop use of fossil fuels either. All this crap about end of the world has been yacked at us for years. Remember Ted Danson saying the oceans will be empty and dead in 10 years? Well that was some 20 years ago. Its always the end of the world from the Hagee nuts to the Leftist nuts who think man is destroying the earth. Either way its all past my sellby date and I don't give a rats ass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 09:57 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,283,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
After reading through your post history I must say that I believe you, I made an error and I apologize.

And sorry to disappoint you but I never watch MSNBC.

Chad.
Don't apologize to this guy. He likes to use some old weatherman's blog called "Watt's Up With That", claiming it's a valid scientific reference. Then when told it's no more of a valid reference than one of his own posts starts beaking off about 'typical liberals' and whining about Al Gore. It's him who owes us the apology.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:52 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
When subsidy money goes to manufacturing a wind farm, what do you think happens to that money? Do you think it disappears? No, it pays manufacturers and workers, and the money stays in the economy.
Spain tried that.

Look where it got them.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:22 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
What I want to know is where did the save the polar bears people go? Those commercials were on TV all the time and now I do not see them any more. Does anybody know if polar bears are still drowning because of climate change or were they all rescued? Or did the climate change and the polar bears are ok now?

Old 10-27-2013, 05:34 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
What I want to know is where did the save the polar bears people go? Those commercials were on TV all the time and now I do not see them any more. Does anybody know if polar bears are still drowning because of climate change or were they all rescued? Or did the climate change and the polar bears are ok now?
They have more than likely moved to a different stage of their proactive work. Just because you don't see commercials on tv doesn't mean a program or activists no longer exist.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:05 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,440,633 times
It's a shame that ignorance of science is now something people are proud of... we're regressing as a nation.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Old 10-27-2013, 11:50 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The world are collectively a bunch of idiots.
I wouldn't be quite so quick to toss around the term "idiots", seeing as how you can't tell a plural from a singular.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:33 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You are correct. But the problem is this doesn't reduce the amount of pollutants we pump into the air.

It would be very good to reduce pollutants all over the globe. Too bad the AGW alarmists have directed so much money away from pollutions reduction and into CO2 reduction.
What's ironic, however, is that many of the things that you have on your list contribute to pollution significantly. And not just CO2.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:12 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
The Polar Bear Photo hoax was exposed six years ago. Big Al pulled a fast one with that photo and the lemmings just ate it up.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:20 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
Quote:
World is spending $1 billion per day to tackle global warming

Maybe. Maybe not. I don't know.

But when we think about all that's being spent to solve the problem, how about we think, also, of how much it costs to create that global warming. Reduce the global warming causes, where possible, and what is being spent on reducing it reduces proportionately ... I'm thinking. The solution isn't the problem. The problem is the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies