Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 01:20 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Off topic, go start a link on Goldman Sachs or try to stay focused. Where is the Tea Party on JP Morgan, missing in action.

Ted Cruz' wife works for GoldmanSachs.........

The bailouts and hypocrisy will continue under their laissez-faire outlook for Wall St criminals. Why?, because Wall St owns the tea party (a percentage of it).
Interesting that LEGAL facts about the criminality of JPMorgan are posted, in the BILLIONS, and yet some will just ignore the reasons why our economy is derailed now. Blaming the poor for food stamps, lol. A total non-starter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 06:35 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post

Ted Cruz' wife works for GoldmanSachs.........

The bailouts and hypocrisy will continue under their laissez-faire outlook for Wall St criminals. Why?, because Wall St owns the tea party (a percentage of it).
Interesting that LEGAL facts about the criminality of JPMorgan are posted, in the BILLIONS, and yet some will just ignore the reasons why our economy is derailed now. Blaming the poor for food stamps, lol. A total non-starter.
The outrage over this is amusing. NM that the govt is controlling shareholder of JPM so that is why they were told what to do and why the govt is getting their cut. They get to look like they are actually doing something. This is a drop in the bucket. The London Whale deal I think really cost them.

They lost more than they claimed and couldn't even actually fully calculate it so it seems. It also exposed how they were leveraging that extra liquidity to gamble even bigger.

That Jon Stewart video nailed it really well though.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:38 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Christ........people basing their bigoted opinions of others based upon stupid message boards. It's no wonder the country is in such a mess.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:53 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Again I continue to not understand the tea party. JP morgan has been accused by the DOJ of everything from lying to investors to manipulation of energy markets. I'm on the website Americanthinker, and all I'm seeing is defense of JP morgan, saying obama is trying to extort them. Blackrock is a financial institution that is suing JP for half of what the government is charging, because they accuse JP morgan of lying to them. Here is the funny thing, JP is not contesting any of these in court. They just finished a settlement of 13 billion dollars from the DOJ, and are in current negotiations with blackrock and other investors for 6 billion. Tea party claims to be for personal responsibility, but here I'm see right-wingers defending a company without actually defending any of the charges being brought against them.
How is this tied to the Tea Party?

But, forget that. I distrust the Obama DOJ more than I distrust any bank. This administration is anti-capitalist and will use it's power to bring our capitalist system down. That's what this is about. That is why Obama blames "Wall Street" for all the ills of this economy, while he goes to great lengths to make things worse.

It was Democrat Policies that resulted in the "mortgage meltdown." Democrats refuse to accept responsibility, even though they were warned years earlier (by Republicans) of the coming collapse of the sub-prime scheme (which Democrats invented).

Old 10-27-2013, 06:58 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
When did the Americanthinker website become the official representative of the Tea Party?
It publishes articles written by conservative thinkers, therefore it must be part of the 'Tea Party'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I can point to things said by Al Sharpton. Would those quotes from him became the official stance of black people?
They definitely have a double standard.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:22 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Post jpMorgan=financial felons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
The outrage over this is amusing. NM that the govt is controlling shareholder of JPM so that is why they were told what to do and why the govt is getting their cut. They get to look like they are actually doing something. This is a drop in the bucket. The London Whale deal I think really cost them.

They lost more than they claimed and couldn't even actually fully calculate it so it seems. It also exposed how they were leveraging that extra liquidity to gamble even bigger.

That Jon Stewart video nailed it really well though.
Thanks for the vid. have to wait to rep again. Jaime Dimon is being pursued by the Dept. of Justice. at least its a start.
Id love a pic of him crying in his Macallan $Scotch$, paid for by high level fraud & the taxpayer bailouts. He is a criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies