Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2013, 06:55 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LOL, not a chance...

Then you need to go tell your fellow thread starter for bringing it up.

But if there was NO polotical implications, why was it brought up?

Did I make this thread?
I didn't start the thread either. You are running on pure emotion, and you get defensive because you think your party is being unfairly criticized. I am here only to discuss the scenario concerning the theft. I don't give a rats ass who the AR was stolen from, and it has nothing to do with political parties. People like you see partisan politics in everything, and I think its a great shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 06:57 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,368,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
You keep going on about that as if it were pertinent.

The point is, if you don't trust criminals to stay out of your home, and you claim to be a responsible gun owner, why on Earth would you leave weapons lying around unsecured?

Like I said, it sure makes it hard to take you gun folks seriously when you drop your own talking points like hotcakes just to defend some idiot GOP Congresswoman who has proven that she is not, in fact, a responsible gun owner like the rest of you claim you all are.
Perhaps you missed the little factoid that the gun belonged to her adult son who is the one who left it out and unsecured. Or perhaps you purposely ignored fact because it didn't support your desired to trash a GOP Congresswoman.

Don't look now but your bias is showing.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:59 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It was secured behind a closed garage door on private property.
But criminals don't obey the law! Surely you understand that "secure" isn't secure because criminals will break in and steal things against the law????

Or does talking point only work when it suits you gun nuts?

Old 10-25-2013, 07:04 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,390,397 times
This congresswoman is another walking argument for requiring gun owners to carry liability insurance for their firearms. People need to take personal responsibility.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:05 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I didn't start the thread either. You are running on pure emotion, and you get defensive because you think your party is being unfairly criticized. I am here only to discuss the scenario concerning the theft. I don't give a rats ass who the AR was stolen from, and it has nothing to do with political parties. People like you see partisan politics in everything, and I think its a great shame.
Get over yourself....it happened, the ONLY reason it was brought up was because it was a GOP congress woman...nothing more nothing less...if you cannot see that, then I have no hope for you to understand anything going on in this thread.

Just to prove a point:

Guns stolen in Orlando burglary - Orlando Sentinel

Why is there no outrage at the above story....I'll tell ya, because there is no identification of (R) in the story...nobody cares....

Now, if this had been a republican....Oh wait...see the first post in this thread...

Old 10-25-2013, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly1 View Post
Perhaps you missed the little factoid that the gun belonged to her adult son who is the one who left it out and unsecured. Or perhaps you purposely ignored fact because it didn't support your desired to trash a GOP Congresswoman.

Don't look now but your bias is showing.
Actually, I'm trashing you gun nuts. I only mentioned her political affiliation because that's why you people are falling all over yourselves defending her by ignoring your own repeatedly-stated principles about gun ownership.

To sum up this thread in the new gun nut meme:

Responsible gun owners know there's no need to properly secure their weapons because criminals will obey the law and never break into homes and steal them.

I suppose the NRA has approved these new talking points for you. Though as soon as the next little kid gets his hands on daddy's gun lying around on the kitchen counter, you'll all be right here, ranting about the "irresponsible" gun owner and blaming him. It's clear you're only defending this woman and her son because of her political affiliation.

Don't look now, but ... well, you know.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:06 AM

Quote:
But criminals don't obey the law! Surely you understand that "secure" isn't secure because criminals will break in and steal things against the law????

Or does talking point only work when it suits you gun nuts?
And what have yo uprovided? Nothing, next...

Old 10-25-2013, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
This congresswoman is another walking argument for requiring gun owners to carry liability insurance for their firearms. People need to take personal responsibility.
No, no, no. "Personal responsibility" is only for poor people with dark skin, and liberals.

Cons get a free pass, as always.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Of course the burglar had nothing to do with the crime................

Old 10-25-2013, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Actually, I'm trashing you gun nuts. I only mentioned her political affiliation because that's why you people are falling all over yourselves defending her by ignoring your own repeatedly-stated principles about gun ownership.

To sum up this thread in the new gun nut meme:

Responsible gun owners know there's no need to properly secure their weapons because criminals will obey the law and never break into homes and steal them.

I suppose the NRA has approved these new talking points for you. Though as soon as the next little kid gets his hands on daddy's gun lying around on the kitchen counter, you'll all be right here, ranting about the "irresponsible" gun owner and blaming him. It's clear you're only defending this woman and her son because of her political affiliation.

Don't look now, but ... well, you know.
What a great post....well not really, but good for you....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies