Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2013, 02:23 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,092,827 times

Advertisements

I was under the impression there was some type of stand-off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 02:25 PM

702 posts, read 724,898 times
Maybe if the kid had a REAL gun he would have been able to protect himself.

Old 10-25-2013, 02:25 PM

747 posts, read 1,239,978 times
There will be in inside investigation to make sure all officers involved agree on the same story. :-/

Old 10-25-2013, 02:52 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,862,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The cops are clearly on the wrong... if any person shoots someone because they thought the other person was carrying a gun, that's negligent homicide... if the the cops do it, SAME crap... the cops murdered the boy, period...
They didn't shoot him b/c they "thought" he was carrying a gun, he WAS carrying a gun. It just so happens that that gun was a toy/bb gun. So, the question then becomes, would a reasonable person under those circumstances be justified in believing that A: the gun was a real AK47 and B: that it was about to be fired on them

Based on what I've read and seen, the gun did in fact look very much like a real AK47 and could very easily be mistakenly identified as such, and the kid was ordered to drop the weapon three times. Instead, he turned and faced the police with the gun raised.

Based on this, the police were certainly justified in their actions. A few things I'd like some clarification on though, would be how much time passed after police final demand to drop the weapon and their use of lethal force, did the kid raise the gun in the direction of the officers, and did the kid even speak English.

Old 10-25-2013, 03:08 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,571,562 times
I read he was shot 5 times in the back.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:22 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,268,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
They didn't shoot the kid because he didn't obey them, they shot the kid because for all they knew, the gun was real and the kid raised it, which would make anyone believe that the kid was going to fire on them.

I realize you are coming from a place that is fueled by raw emotion, so nothing anyone says will remove the clouds from your judgment, I won't even try.

I'd have made the same decision based on what we know. I'm sure these cops will have to live with the guilt of their actions everyday for the rest of their lives. That's punishment enough.
I am simply stating facts; it is you who is emotionally using logical fallacies to support your case.
What the cops thought is irrelevant; they do not have the luxury of mistakes when they are dealing with the lives of innocent people. And yes this boy was innocent in every way shape and form. The cops acted as cops always do presuming guilt where none exists.

They will not live with their guilt because cops are for the most part psychopathic personalities who feel no guilt. That is why they are attracted to being cops, it gives them the opportunity to live out their fantasies of being the bullies who can abuse people without fear of retribution.

Cops are a low lifes, that is a undisputable fact. They as a group have much higher incidences of alcoholism, drug addiction, murder, domestic violence, assault, depression, PDSD, DUI, and nearly every other crime than the general public.

They behave the way they do because they are psychopaths and feel no obligation to obey the rules they impose on others. They were attracted to being cops for the same reason; it gives them a free pass to absolve themselves of the laws and ethics of society and to indulge in the kind of violence that they crave.

And no it is not the job that drives them to have the problems they have, they had all the personality flaws prior to being cops, the job is just the vehicle that allows them to get away with their chosen lifestyle.
Guilt? I doubt seriously if the cops involved are capable of guilt. They probably high fived each other after emptying their automatics into the child.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:56 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,925,876 times
"You think you actually believe they shot this kid on purpose?????"

So, apparently you think this shooting was ACCIDENTAL?
If so, the cop has some explaining to do, as to exactly WHY his weapon fired ACCIDENTALLY, and why, when it did go off ACCIDENTALLY, it just happened to be centered on the kid!
Of course, absolutely, no doubt about it, the cop shot the kid ON PURPOSE!
Did he HAVE to shoot the kid? I don't know, I wasn't there.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:48 PM

4,739 posts, read 4,422,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Facts are facts. They never were in danger!
That "fact" wasn't a fact until the weapon was recovered and it was determined it was a replica.

I mean damn. . . .if we could all see the future, and know everything, for every single decision - it would be a different world

BTW - you follow the above up with ranting about cops, double standards, people getting tired

here is the deal. IT DOESN'T MATTER. the only topic i'm discussing is this particular event. I have no care of any event with police anywhere else. That would be a separate event, unless you can prove the events are connected.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:12 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,268,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
That "fact" wasn't a fact until the weapon was recovered and it was determined it was a replica.

I mean damn. . . .if we could all see the future, and know everything, for every single decision - it would be a different world

BTW - you follow the above up with ranting about cops, double standards, people getting tired

here is the deal. IT DOESN'T MATTER. the only topic i'm discussing is this particular event. I have no care of any event with police anywhere else. That would be a separate event, unless you can prove the events are connected.
Of course they are connected. The systematic abuse of citizens by LEO is due to the culture of disregard for the rights of citizens that is systemic in all LEO agencies. LEO in American has absolutely no regard for any right of the citizen including their right to life.

The rights guaranteed by the Bill of Rights include the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty.
LEO presumes guilt because they are more concerned with their own safety than the safety of the public.
They are willing to deliberately kill a child before they are willing to take the chance that would involve taking the time to establish whether or not the child was carrying a real firearm, or if he had any intention to do any harm.

My God, even in a war zone there are rules of engagement which say a soldier cannot open fire on someone even if they have a gun unless that person shoots first.

An enemy combatant in Afghanistan is more secure against being murdered in cold blood than a child in America in his own neighborhood.

Government is supposed to be the servants of the people. In reality the government and that includes LEO are the people’s masters and treat the people as possessions instead of persons with rights.

Like I said before and no one yet has addressed, the bill of rights guarantees the right to have and to bear arms, so even if this toy had been a real gun, it was the cops duty to establish this boys intent prior to taking any action.

It is not against the law to peaceably carry a firearm from one place to the other; it is however against the law to presume a person is guilty of a crime without any probable cause and to murder them as a result.

The cops murdered a child because they were too cowardly to do their jobs and establish if there was truly any real danger.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:24 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,176,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Of course they are connected. The systematic abuse of citizens by LEO is due to the culture of disregard for the rights of citizens that is systemic in all LEO agencies. LEO in American has absolutely no regard for any right of the citizen including their right to life.

The rights guaranteed by the Bill of Rights include the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty.
LEO presumes guilt because they are more concerned with their own safety than the safety of the public.
They are willing to deliberately kill a child before they are willing to take the chance that would involve taking the time to establish whether or not the child was carrying a real firearm, or if he had any intention to do any harm.

My God, even in a war zone there are rules of engagement which say a soldier cannot open fire on someone even if they have a gun unless that person shoots first.

An enemy combatant in Afghanistan is more secure against being murdered in cold blood than a child in America in his own neighborhood.

Government is supposed to be the servants of the people. In reality the government and that includes LEO are the people’s masters and treat the people as possessions instead of persons with rights.

Like I said before and no one yet has addressed, the bill of rights guarantees the right to have and to bear arms, so even if this toy had been a real gun, it was the cops duty to establish this boys intent prior to taking any action.

It is not against the law to peaceably carry a firearm from one place to the other; it is however against the law to presume a person is guilty of a crime without any probable cause and to murder them as a result.

The cops murdered a child because they were too cowardly to do their jobs and establish if there was truly any real danger.
Almost as cowardly as using a very, very unfortunate misunderstanding as a channel for your own hate-filled social views?

Stop using a dead kid as an excuse to go off on your own personal soapbox. That is fairly disgusting in its own right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies