Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 11:37 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

White house administrations historically tend to keep presidents in the dark and do so to protect them.
Protecting the president? I thought the commander in chief's job was to protect Americans not the other way around.

They should not be protecting him. He is the president and especially when he pushed Obamacare so hard you would think they would have told him to tone it down some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 11:40 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
There are people who lost their insurance because of Obamacare, now they can't signup. More uninsured people.

Healthcare insurance expires on an annual basis. This is the time, insurers take the opportunity to not renew insurance for those who developed defined medical conditions during the current year.

As of right now, those with expiring insurance have until 12/15 to buy insurance to be covered 1/1/14.

How many people do you know who pay a bill 7.5 weeks before its due?

Old 10-24-2013, 11:40 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
White house administrations historically tend to keep presidents in the dark and do so to protect them.
Given the size of the government and the responsibilities of the President, any President ... it's foolish for someone (not referring to you) to suggest the President should have or would have known the details of the status of the website. The Secretary of the particular department and those in the department whose job it is to manage this particular phase of the legislation will have to provide answers. Those who attack the President on this issue do so for reasons other than the ACA. It's just one more opportunity, right or wrong, to criticize him.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Given the size of the government and the responsibilities of the President, any President ... it's foolish for someone (not referring to you) to suggest the President should have or would have known the details of the status of the website. The Secretary of the particular department and those in the department whose job it is to manage this particular phase of the legislation will have to provide answers. Those who attack the President on this issue do so for reasons other than the ACA. It's just one more opportunity, right or wrong, to criticize him.
So he pushed Obamacare "blindly"? So what else doesn't he know about Obamacare?

Old 10-24-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
It's just one more opportunity, right or wrong, to criticize him.
Obama doesn't' have a problem criticizing the doers when they don't deserve it but when Obama screws up as he always does we are supposed to give him a pass because he is Obama.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:47 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
I know about programming and also know that a glitch can be fixed in hours. This is much more than a glitch.
More likely these are problems with performance tuning, and bottlenecks could be anywhere in the software architecture!

This is a result of poor capacity analysis, integration and stress/load testing. Not so much programming, but configuration.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:48 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,550 times
I have to laugh at these hypocritical wingers who are complaining about the ACA and its web site. Every last one of you said Obamacare was a bad idea. And now you're mad because the web site doesn't work? I thought you wanted to see it fail. Why the anger?

Old 10-24-2013, 11:51 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
The most disturbing to me was the company testified that the site was setup at first to allow shopping different companies and pans. but CMS had this changed so you had to do the paperwork and register before being able to shop. kind of like a car dealer making you fillout paperwork to buy before seeing the cars available or the prices. Talkabout hard sell tactics.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:57 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The most disturbing to me was the company testified that the site was setup at first to allow shopping different companies and pans. but CMS had this changed so you had to do the paperwork and register before being able to shop. kind of like a car dealer making you fillout paperwork to buy before seeing the cars available or the prices. Talkabout hard sell tactics.
CGI Federal "the main contractor" said that parts of testing were supposed to be done by the US Government and that they didn't do it. Now having been a software engineer for many companies including defense contractors...I believe them.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:03 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
I know about programming and also know that a glitch can be fixed in hours. This is much more than a glitch.
I know about programming too even though I've been out of the game for 20 yes. But even with my old knowledge I'm aware a "glitch" isn't a thing on a timer. It could be anything from a simple redirect error, a comma out of place, or something major with the formulas or links to other applications that the functions all rely on. What you said makes no sense and calls attention to the fact that you probably no nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies