Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 06:05 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times

Advertisements

Does anyone believe that if the president had not made this comment:

... if you liked your insurance plan, you could keep it.

that the Democrats would not have passed ACA?

The Affordable Care Act was going to be law with this statement or without.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 06:06 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I think our employer, a Fortune 500 is slated to be a poster child for transitioning people to Obamacare. I think it would be a big mistake considering it would cause mass migration of highly qualified software folks who can pretty much work at the employer of their choice.
Oh my.

The thing is . . . seems that over time, more and more Fortune 500 companies will be dumping their present insurance. So, switching companies based on insurance bennies going away may end up being a poor strategy (if you like the company, otherwise). Might end up with the same situation in a new company, come next year.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:09 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post

Baloney. The Senate would never have gotten the votes to pass it without that guarantee to protect vulnerable Democrats. This would have ended up being another "HillaryCare" that caused a GOP landslide.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:09 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Oh my.

The thing is . . . seems that over time, more and more Fortune 500 companies will be dumping their present insurance. So, switching companies based on insurance bennies going away may end up being a poor strategy (if you like the company, otherwise). Might end up with the same situation in a new company, come next year.
I like the general idea of exchanges, truth be told. I do NOT like the minimum requirements for an insurance company to be "exchange approved". The bar is way too high. Insurance is meant for catastrophic cases only with normal doctors' visits being out of pocket, rich and poor alike. I also do not like the massive subsidies offered by the taxpayer and a Medicare power grab to extend socialized medicine far and wide across the country, creating a de facto UHC system for everyone but the middle class.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:18 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
The American people be damned!
Thanks, Ms. Pelosi. Thanks, DemoCrats!

Old 10-29-2013, 06:20 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I think our employer, a Fortune 500 is slated to be a poster child for transitioning people to Obamacare. I think it would be a big mistake considering it would cause mass migration of highly qualified software folks who can pretty much work at the employer of their choice.
Those of us out here in the real world, knew that all sorts of ocmpanies were going to transition their employees to Obamacare... The argument from the left has changed from,

they would never do that, but if they did, that would be the best because it wouldnt hold employees "hostage" to teh employer

to now, those companies are mean spirited, hateful, and want their employees to die because they are subjecting their employees to Obamacare, but Obamacare is still wonderful..

The transitioning arguments I find quite funny.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:21 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:

Glad to see you agree with lying...who would have thunk it...........

Old 10-29-2013, 06:22 AM

4,151 posts, read 4,170,113 times
Quote:

It makes no different. None of them read it. Actually, no one allow to read it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 2

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:

Do you really think the Democrats would have been stupid enough to support it in masses had they not been promised that their current plans wouldnt be affected?

How many people who have/had insurance they liked, were willing to give it up in order to give Obama a "win" on the issue? I bet very few..

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
I wouldn't say they are losing it. They have to provide themselves a minimum amount of coverage that everyone is required to have. Many of these people would go to the er for standard flu care, because their catastrophic plan didn't cover it. So the tax payer was fitting some of their bills. Not everyone, but a good percentage.

I agree the president should never have said you could keep your plan. What do you expect when you mandate people buy something, but you don't set a price.

The idea is that premiums and cost will go down after the burden of health care is shouldered by more folks. Time will tell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies