Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2013, 12:53 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,935,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
All insurers must provide the basic coverage. If a policy only provide 3 of the 15 critiria of coverage, then they must modify their policies.

What do want your medical insurance policy to cover and offer? What services should they cover?
Why? Why can't people be allowed to BUY WHAT THEY WANT????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 12:54 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,448,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Amazing isn't it. Now they want everyone else to pay for their kids dental plans.
People who insure family risks are the ones bearing this cost.

I was in my mid 20's the first time I visited a dentist. My parents were phobic about dentistry. The concept of dental insurance did not exist, back then in the olden days.

I have the equivalent of a Mercedes in my mouth, today. And like any car, none of it lasts forever. Much of the teeth problems I incurred as an adult are rooted in the absence of oral health care in childhood and early adulthood.

Kids today do not have the oral health issues that were once common because they receive oral healthcare throughout childhood.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:56 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,935,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
What exatly is good coverage? if having a low deductable and co-pay yet the policy doesnt meet the minumun of coverage, how good is it.
Explain why people CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO CHOOSE FOR THEMSELVES.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:01 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,839,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Despite knowing better, people become parents when they engage in unprotected sex. The prenatal and delivery cost for a healthy pregnancy ranges between $10,000-15,000. Makes sense for an insurer to pick up $6/mo. to prevent a $10,000-15,000 claim for an unplanned pregnancy.
/FAIL

it would make far more sense to deny all of those expenses and then cancel policies for those who get pregnant.. But hey, continue to try to justify that people CANT AFFORD $6 a month, but somehow they can afford $500 payments on their deductible..

Old 10-25-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
People who insure family risks are the ones bearing this cost.

I was in my mid 20's the first time I visited a dentist. My parents were phobic about dentistry. The concept of dental insurance did not exist, back then in the olden days.

I have the equivalent of a Mercedes in my mouth, today. And like any car, none of it lasts forever. Much of the teeth problems I incurred as an adult are rooted in the absence of oral health care in childhood and early adulthood.

Kids today do not have the oral health issues that were once common because they receive oral healthcare throughout childhood.
yeah yeah yeah.. and if I robbed a bank every day, I'd be a millionaire.. whats that have to do with the fact that someone has to pay for it?

Old 10-25-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Which kind of gets me to wondering... How long before the government starts TAXING the benefits that are covered through employers as a compensation package?

Hypothetically, an employee earns 2.00 per hour into a health plan. Right now this is done as pre-tax dollars. When this thing implodes is the government going to start taxing those?
Taxing healthcare benefits has been on the table for decades.

The tea party folk ( Libertarian leanings) seem to want to eliminate employer sponsored insurance. They use the myth that insuring healthcare risks and government are the reasons why healthcare costs what it does.

If that were true, the rest of the developed world would be experiencing similar healthcare costs as the U.S. Reality is, their healthcare costs are a fraction of what's paid in the U.S. and as a percentage of GDP.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:10 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,496,146 times
Mom, is it taxpayer money paying you to post here?

Old 10-25-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Taxing healthcare benefits has been on the table for decades.

The tea party folk ( Libertarian leanings) seem to want to eliminate employer sponsored insurance. They use the myth that insuring healthcare risks and government are the reasons why healthcare costs what it does.

If that were true, the rest of the developed world would be experiencing similar healthcare costs as the U.S. Reality is, their healthcare costs are a fraction of what's paid in the U.S. and as a percentage of GDP.
So its your argument that the more government gets involved, the cheaper it will cost.. then explain why millions are having their policies cancelled rather than just rolled over into new policies that would be far more profitable, since the cost will go down..

I mean really, are you just making this up as you go along?

Old 10-25-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
While I don't necessarily disagree with you about this... it kind of begs the question... Why should the welfare system continue to respond to the people who abuse it. (Notice I said abuse.. not those truly downtrodden)

Life is about choices. Whether one makes the right choice or not is not the financial responsibility of any one else.
We probably could debate a definition of "abuse" till the cows come home. I think most reasonable folk can agree that it minimally includes fraud, no?

Welfare benefits are all operated at the state level. Some states put more resources into preventing and detecting fraud than others.

Nothing short of a communistic approach towards reproduction will prevent people from having children they cannot afford. I am personally cool with this. How about you?

Old 10-25-2013, 01:18 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,721,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
When PEOPLE HAVE THEIR POLICIES CANCELLED, their PRICES SKYROCKET
The one doesn't necessarily follow the other. It will in some cases, but in many cases, like mine, my policy will cancel effective December 31st, and I've actually found a couple of better policies at lower prices through the exchange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies