Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 07:28 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on Friday repeated the misguided conservative talking point that the birth control coverage rule included in Obamacare forces employers to cover abortion-inducing pills.

Cruz told the crowd at the 2013 Values Voter Summit that the Obama administration is forcing Christian-owned businesses like Hobby Lobby to provide "abortifacients" or pay millions of dollars in fees. Hobby Lobby is one of several religious-owned businesses currently suing the administration over its requirement that most employers include contraception coverage in their health insurance plans.

The Affordable Care Act requires most employers to cover birth control, including emergency contraception -- also known as the morning-after pill or Plan B -- in their health insurance plans. But employers are not required to cover RU-486, an abortion-inducing medication that is sometimes confused with emergency contraception.

Ted Cruz Calls Birth Control 'Abortifacients'

So, Cruz is a crazier Rick Santorum. No surprises here.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:32 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,412 times
If my employer doesn't get to tell me where I spend my paycheck, why should they get to tell me how I spend my benefit dollars?

Old 10-25-2013, 07:34 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
That's cause Cruz knows the people who vote for him are idiots.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:41 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
If my employer doesn't get to tell me where I spend my paycheck, why should they get to tell me how I spend my benefit dollars?
Maybe because they see the benefit as theirs before it is yours.

Just like your paycheck. Its their money, they just have to give it to you by law.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:46 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Oh noes!
Looks like we have more cases of Cruz Derangement Syndrome.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:56 PM

He is unrestricted, unrehearsed, and going Rouge.

I wonder if Sarah Palin is mad that he stole her act.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:03 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,547,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That's cause Cruz knows the people who vote for him are idiots.
That's a given. He's only preying on those who put him in office. It is smart, really.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:04 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Maybe because they see the benefit as theirs before it is yours.

Just like your paycheck. Its their money, they just have to give it to you by law.
Just like my labor was mine before I was required to give it to them in exchange for that paycheck.

If they have the right to tell me where I need to spend my paycheck because it was their money before mine, then I have the right to tell them where/what I will do for the day because it was my labor before it was theirs.

See, that idea breaks down pretty rapidly.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:15 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
So, Cruz is a crazier Rick Santorum. No surprises here.
Republicans are no longer just cribbing their political ideology from fundamentalist Christianity. Increasingly, conservative politicians are abandoning the basic task of representing the interests of their voters and instead are exploiting their voters in the same way televangelists and other fundamentalist charlatans exploit the true believers that come to them looking for spiritual salvation.

Ted Cruz is the most prominent example, at least in the past month. After the shutdown debacle, it became clear that Cruz has no interest in using his position as a Texas senator to work on behalf of the voters who got him there. Instead, his M.O. is pure sleazy televangelist: Lots of public grandstanding to convince his marks, previously known as constituents, that he’s on their side, for the sole purpose of shaking them down for money and support without offering anything in return

How shameless Christian con artists took over the GOP - Salon.com

A sleazy televangelist--that describes Cruz to a T. No interest in doing the hard work of true governing, only interested in shaking down the gullible for as much as he can. He knows exactly the right buttons to push--like the horror!!! of contraceptives being covered by healthcare--to get the Tea Party fools to send him their Social Security checks. I'll give him this, he certainly excels as a flim-flam man.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Republicans are no longer just cribbing their political ideology from fundamentalist Christianity. Increasingly, conservative politicians are abandoning the basic task of representing the interests of their voters and instead are exploiting their voters in the same way televangelists and other fundamentalist charlatans exploit the true believers that come to them looking for spiritual salvation.

Ted Cruz is the most prominent example, at least in the past month. After the shutdown debacle, it became clear that Cruz has no interest in using his position as a Texas senator to work on behalf of the voters who got him there. Instead, his M.O. is pure sleazy televangelist: Lots of public grandstanding to convince his marks, previously known as constituents, that he’s on their side, for the sole purpose of shaking them down for money and support without offering anything in return.

How shameless Christian con artists took over the GOP - Salon.com

A sleazy televangelist--that describes Cruz to a T. No interest in doing the hard work of true governing, only interested in shaking down the gullible for as much as he can. He knows exactly the right buttons to push--like the horror!!! of contraceptives being covered by healthcare--to get the Tea Party fools to send him their Social Security checks. I'll give him this, he certainly excels as a flim-flam man.
The proof will be in the pudding. Lets see how long it takes him to release his first book, or prayer cloth...which ever comes first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies