Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 10:28 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,615,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambados View Post
^^ Welfare state?

You forget how Jesus said to help the poor and those in need, and that money in root of all evil?

Jesus was never against homosexuals btw
Review the text.. It states that the LOVE OF money is the root of all evil. Actually in the Greek it is not definitive so should read "a root" which makes since because Lust has nothing to do with money but pleasure.

God says do not steal. How can you steal what is not rightfully somebody else's private property. God also says do not covet. So His Law endorses the ownership of private property, but for us not to covet that property, but freely give.

God's law is right and shows us how much we all fall short and desperately NEED forgiveness through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:30 PM

31,942 posts, read 14,950,763 times
Ah, but according to one of the articles 61% said religion was losing it's influence. I am a christian but I am also one of the 61%

Old 10-25-2013, 10:31 PM

124 posts, read 122,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Because Israel isn't covered by the US constitution? Come on, think a little before posting.
First Amendment is Anti-Christian then...

Old 10-25-2013, 10:32 PM

124 posts, read 122,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Ah, but according to one of the articles 61% said religion was losing it's influence. I am a christian but I am also one of the 61%
Losing influence in law.. That's an opinion anyway.
~80% of Americans are still Christian (even though only few act like one)

Old 10-25-2013, 10:37 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,338,414 times
Quote:
Why does it have that? That means the government promotes secularism/atheism.
Why can't Israel have separation of church and synagogue?!
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
First Amendment | U.S. Constitution | LII / Legal Information Institute

Why the first Amendment was created? Maybe it's because many of us are descended from these people?

American Anti-Catholicism has its origins in the Reformation. Because the Reformation was based on an effort to correct what it perceived to be errors and excesses of the Catholic Church, it formed strong positions against the Roman clerical hierarchy and the Papacy in particular. These positions were brought to the New World by British colonists who were predominantly Protestant, and who opposed not only the Roman Catholic Church but also the Church of England which, due to its perpetuation of Catholic doctrine and practices, was deemed to be insufficiently reformed[SIZE=2][citation needed], see also [/SIZE]Ritualism. Because many of the British colonists, such as the Puritans, were fleeing religious persecution by the Church of England, early American religious culture exhibited a more extreme anti-Catholic bias of these Protestant denominations.
History of Protestantism in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe they remembered their views of The Church of England, and the Papacy, and thought, I don't want the state having power over religion. What if the state becomes corrupt or its views are wrong?

Quote:
Why does it have that? That means the government promotes secularism/atheism.
Why can't Israel have separation of church and synagogue?!
Ask them.

Last edited by Clintone; 10-25-2013 at 10:47 PM..

Old 10-25-2013, 10:40 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,615,239 times
Quote:
^^ Welfare state?

You forget how Jesus said to help the poor and those in need, and that money in root of all evil?

Jesus was never against homosexuals btw
Jesus died for sinners. Jesus declares and confirms the Old Testament as Scripture. According to the Word it is an abomination or a man to lie with a man. In Romans 1, this act is described as "dishonoring one's own body". It is a shameful sin, but I also am a sinner and am no "better". Jesus went into the house of those in bondage to sin to preach the love of God and repentance in telling us about the prodigal son.

The father says my son was dead, but is alive again. And the Father was joyful.

Is it not AWESOME that GOD can be joyful at receiving us in Jesus Christ?

I mean look at us. We are wretched creatures. Full of strife and envy. If God does not intervene we will destroy ourselves in our efforts to all become king of the mountain.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:41 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,652,892 times
Because of Obama.

That's why.

Before him, we were a declared Christian nation.

Just blame it on Obama and go back to your buffet/church sermon/deer hunt/Tea Party rally/Duck Dynasty viewing party.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:45 PM

31,942 posts, read 14,950,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Jesus died for sinners. Jesus declares and confirms the Old Testament as Scripture. According to the Word it is an abomination or a man to lie with a man. In Romans 1, this act is described as "dishonoring one's own body". It is a shameful sin, but I also am a sinner and am no "better". Jesus went into the house of those in bondage to sin to preach the love of God and repentance in telling us about the prodigal son.

The father says my son was dead, but is alive again. And the Father was joyful.

Is it not AWESOME that GOD can be joyful at receiving us in Jesus Christ?

I mean look at us. We are wretched creatures. Full of strife and envy. If God does not intervene we will destroy ourselves in our efforts to all become king of the mountain.

But god doesn't intervene otherwise we would never have wars which destroy us. And no we are not wretched creatures. Is that how you look at yourself.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:46 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,942,616 times
Tell us, have you started a thread on blue laws yet?

Why do you come here asking the same damn questions over and over and over again? Do you think the answers you're going to get are any different than the previous 382 times you asked?

Old 10-25-2013, 10:49 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,497,217 times
This country was founded by a bunch of deist. They separated religion from the governing of the country because they knew religion was nonsense. If you want to live in a theocracy, move to Israel or Saudi Arabia or Pakistan...Anyway, religious affiliation is falling at epic rates. It's 2013, even kids know the talking snake, talking bush and 900 year old men etc are all parts of a fairytale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies