Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 10:53 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,419,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambados View Post
Why does it have that? That means the government promotes secularism/atheism.
Why can't Israel have separation of church and synagogue?!
Because we decided to set our government up a certain way, and they decided to set theirs up a different way.

Your question is like a small kid asking "Why is blue blue and green green? Why isn't blue green instead?"

Old 10-26-2013, 03:00 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,786,727 times
Quote:
What are the main reasons why the U.S. is not offically a Christian nation while Israel is considered officially a Jewish state?!
This is very unfair and Anti-Christian. It seems like the UN favors one religious ethnic group over another.

USA has 80% Christians while Israel is 75% Jewish!
So I assume the USA is unofficially a Christian nation then?
Redic.

The same reason why there are plenty of Muslim and Christian countries out there and even The Vatican that rules land.

Troll thread.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:12 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,424,603 times
Quote:
First Amendment is Anti-Christian then...

Christians have it tough in America

Old 10-26-2013, 07:38 AM

18,429 posts, read 15,177,982 times
Quote:
Sometimes I wonder why I bother reading your posts. Through all of your different screen names, it is always the same ridiculous stuff. You can't possibly be this obtuse, so I can only assume that you are just trying to stir things up. The first amendment isn't "anti" anything. It is "pro" everything. You are anti-everything except Christianity.

There are many countries that are set up as theocracies, so why pick on Israel? They want to live in a country that is a theocracy, let them. This country is not a theocracy, which is one of the many reasons so many people want to come here.

Look, I find you somewhat entertaining so I hope this screen name doesn't get banned like all your other ones, but lets get real, you dont really believe all this stuff you type here on C-D, do you? This has to just be an online act. Like the way Howard Stern turns into a completely different person when he gets on the radio compared to what he is like in real life?

Old 10-26-2013, 07:53 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,509,356 times
Quote:
What are the main reasons why the U.S. is not offically a Christian nation while Israel is considered officially a Jewish state?!
This is very unfair and Anti-Christian. It seems like the UN favors one religious ethnic group over another.

USA has 80% Christians while Israel is 75% Jewish!
So I assume the USA is unofficially a Christian nation then?
The Founding Fathers of the U.S. did not want the government regulating religion. This is why they mentioned in the Constitution the Congress cannot establish an official religion.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:57 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,509,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

But god doesn't intervene otherwise we would never have wars which destroy us. And no we are not wretched creatures. Is that how you look at yourself.
You have no proof whether or not God intervenes? How many wars did he prevent that you don't know about?

Old 10-26-2013, 08:00 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,725,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
U.S. has separation of church and state.

Regarding what the unofficial status of the U.S. is, yeah...okay it's unofficially a Christian nation. Whatever.

I'm going to call it unofficially a scientologist nation, but your title makes more sense.

I don't know what difference its unofficial status is.
the US actually does not have a separation of church and state. I believe that was simply based on a letter written by thomas jefferson hundreds of years ago.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:05 AM

624 posts, read 937,198 times
Quote:
Why does it have that? That means the government promotes secularism/atheism.
Because that's what the Founders thought was best. It was to ensure freedom of religion and from religious persecution or discrimination by the state.

That absolutely does not mean the government promotes atheism. It means they don't promote any one religion. There is a huge difference.

Why does it matter what a different country with a different history in a different part of the world is doing re religion anyway? Instead of Israel, ask this question comparing America to an Islamist country and think about whether or not it still sounds like a great idea.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:21 AM

624 posts, read 937,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
80% christian? Where do these numbers come from.
Pew Research. Their survey is the one that most related articles use for their figures.

Quote:
*sigh* Not anti-Christian. Not anti ANY religion, that's the point. All religions accepted equally, with none given special influence in government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
the US actually does not have a separation of church and state. I believe that was simply based on a letter written by thomas jefferson hundreds of years ago.
Jefferson's letter to the Danbury Baptists was only one of many statements by the Founders clarifying/explaining the Establishment/Free Exercise clauses of the First Amendment. He didn't just make it up independently. He was reinforcing the intention of the clauses.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:23 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,159,544 times
Quote:
^^ Welfare state?

You forget how Jesus said to help the poor and those in need, and that money in root of all evil?

Jesus was never against homosexuals btw
I thought you were against those horrible christians.
Quote:
Has anyone here ever had a problem at the work place especially by extremely religious bosses?

I work at a great company and was hired after being unemployed for two years. All my four bosses are extremely religious so much that they post and hang images of Jesus on desks, walls, kitchen room, as well as bibles and crucifixes everywhere. One of my boss constantly says "Jesus this and Jesus that" bla bla "Jesus", "God", "Lord" etc. which is quite annoying. During Christmas he puts Christian and gospel music even in front of Jewish and Hindu employees... Disrespectful. Forget to mention all those bible quotes everywhere! Thanksgiving dinner will take place at a church hall... Gahh

What should I do?
http://www.city-data.com/forum/31904598-post1.html

Which is it? Christians, need to keep it to themselves, or we need a theocracy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies