Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 06:55 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
What I am talking about is the difficult task of expelling people, children , separate family's , on and on. If you support making all illegals leave the country just how will you do it. ? It WILL not work by just telling them to leave IE: Loud speakers on the streets is the way I see this happening. , maybe even paying them to leave , think that will work ? Face the facts , Texas has the largest assembly of Latino's in the Country. The last I heard the Gov. Has come out against deporting twenty five percent of the people.

It is NOT cheaper to deport illegals if you look at the big picture,
Simple, remove the incentives that keep them here such as jobs, benefits and birthright citizenship. Many if not most would leave on their own. No family has to be separated they can all leave together family intact.

You're wrong. The above would have no expense involved. Illegal aliens are costing us billions every year. Even actual deportations would be a one time expense. No one is suggesting your ludicrous scenario above all we have to do is deport illegals as they are detected. No need to hunt them down in the streets. You fail to look at the big picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 06:56 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
So American workers saw improvement in the nineteenth century? Conveniently ignored is that tariffs were high then. In fact they were the major revenue source for the government.
Yeah, I wasn't responding to a post the referenced tariffs.

All tariffs does is eliminate competition. That leads to inefficiency and waste since there is less motivation to do well. Why do you think government is so wasteful with money?

Inefficiency and waste hurts everyone. Efficiency benefits everyone.

and American workers saw vast improvements in the 19th Century. Before minimum wage laws, OSHA and prior to unions having legal protections. The millions of immigrants coming here to work proves it as people do not move to areas that are not improving economically.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:34 AM

8 posts, read 29,438 times
It is obvious people are unhappy because they are loosing their jobs. Companies are also seeking to gain profit by outsourcing, and get their work done at a cheaper cost.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:01 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,788,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
They are in business to make money, overseas workers accepted the wages, and customers were happy to buy cheaper products.

So why are people unhappy with the consequences (less jobs/wages, worse products) that anyone could have seen coming?
Kid, I agree with you on many things, but the fact of the matter is that at some point you are an American and you stand up for your country, and you act for what is in the best interest of your country. the crony capitalists, mostly the big banks and wall street and corps like GE, are not standing up for their country, and they are not acting in the best interests of their country. Hell, these folks are ready to welcome the Chinese when they come marching down our streets!

Google is lobbying hard to loosen restrictions on H1B immigration. Why the frack are they not throwing a little of their multiple billions into our education system to train Americans to do the jobs that they think only foreigners can do? My youngest son recently got his first job as a result of his committment to Math in America, a foundation Math For America created by a billionaire who made his fortune at Intel way back whn.

What is Cisco doing? How about Apple?

Forget all this free market capitalist nonsense that the ideologue right preaches. Invest in America first, all you pretenders.

Send out jobs overseas? Then seek H1B people to fill positions for you? What a load of hypocritical BS!!!!!!!

Old 10-29-2013, 09:09 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Simple, remove the incentives that keep them here such as jobs, benefits and birthright citizenship. Many if not most would leave on their own. No family has to be separated they can all leave together family intact.

You're wrong. The above would have no expense involved. Illegal aliens are costing us billions every year. Even actual deportations would be a one time expense. No one is suggesting your ludicrous scenario above all we have to do is deport illegals as they are detected. No need to hunt them down in the streets. You fail to look at the big picture.
What you are proposing is already here, no change needed, just enforce the rules and laws already on the books. Actually during the height of the recession there were more people leaving the US than coming in. Just go with the flow, and things will take care of themselves ?

What about H1 B and other programs where big business is "importing" talent they can not find here ?....or could some of this be these new folks will work cheaper ? One thing is for sure, we need to do something with our Southern border, which is more of a drug problem than an illegal person swimming the Rio Grande.

I used to visit Loredo often and always walked across the Bridge to shop, never any hassle ether. Those from Mexico were doing the same going the other way., peaceful and orderly . Its been years , so I am not sure how foot traffic is today with all the murders and drug gangs that hang around the border.... What I do know is Mexico has a similar problem on its southern border. , mostly with Indians and others from Guatemala. The State of Oaxaca was a wild and wooly place back then when I dated a Gal from Mexico City who was an activist for the native Indians. O' the stories I could tell...many are still classified.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:22 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
What you say is nothing more than an old right wing talking point, that goes nowhere other then to antagonize, demean , and racially discriminate .You win no friends by wanting to broadcast over loud speakers with trucks driving up and down the streets, telling the people to report to the nearest rail or bus station for further instructions. You have no idea what this will do to our Country and to its cost which would be a lot more than just keeping up the status flow of immigrants both legal and illegal.
Isn't that what's wrong, things are FUBAR because our federal government has refused to enforce our immigration laws. So here is the question, when do we start to enforce them? Never?

Old 10-29-2013, 01:45 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
What you are proposing is already here, no change needed, just enforce the rules and laws already on the books. Actually during the height of the recession there were more people leaving the US than coming in. Just go with the flow, and things will take care of themselves ?

What about H1 B and other programs where big business is "importing" talent they can not find here ?....or could some of this be these new folks will work cheaper ? One thing is for sure, we need to do something with our Southern border, which is more of a drug problem than an illegal person swimming the Rio Grande.

I used to visit Loredo often and always walked across the Bridge to shop, never any hassle ether. Those from Mexico were doing the same going the other way., peaceful and orderly . Its been years , so I am not sure how foot traffic is today with all the murders and drug gangs that hang around the border.... What I do know is Mexico has a similar problem on its southern border. , mostly with Indians and others from Guatemala. The State of Oaxaca was a wild and wooly place back then when I dated a Gal from Mexico City who was an activist for the native Indians. O' the stories I could tell...many are still classified.
When you have at a minimum 11 million illegal aliens that have managed to violate our southern border then yes it is just as much a problem as the drug problem. Some of these people are criminals and would be terrorists also. Those seeking work have reduced American wages and because of that many Americans have lost their jobs. Their social costs are bankrupting us also.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:25 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What the @$@#@!%??? Don't we all have certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness? Are you telling me that the government should take these rights away so that I can't even work or do business overseas???

What kind of freedom is that?
No, I'm not telling you that. By all means pursue your happiness..Do your business overseas. A tariff would protect the jobs of Americans, isn't that what the gov is for?..You could still enjoy your Life, and Liberty without screwing millions of Americans out of their jobs...can't you?

Old 11-07-2013, 06:19 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
When you have at a minimum 11 million illegal aliens that have managed to violate our southern border then yes it is just as much a problem as the drug problem. Some of these people are criminals and would be terrorists also. Those seeking work have reduced American wages and because of that many Americans have lost their jobs. Their social costs are bankrupting us also.
Ga. And Alabama tried to make it difficult for sessional farm workers, what actually happened the yearly migration , the people went somewhere else. The crops rotted in the fields as a result, killed once thriving truck farming operations and cost the people of these states a bundle. There was other indirect loss of income too. These people DO contribute to the economy, anyone who does not see that has their head buried in the sand.! Migrant workers have always been around , living like gypsies moving from season to season , doing what no one else will do. We should thank them for helping to provide us with fresh produce .

Old 11-08-2013, 03:31 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,694,042 times
Corporations exist for our benefit. We give them tax breaks and expect them to be good members of the community. We give them money in the purchase of their product or investments. The good neighbor concept requires that they perform a service beyond the provision of a product or a service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies